Dan Henderson will retire win or lose against Bisping

2i0acfk.gif
Conor does this bullshit every other fight

I really want him to retire, but I just know he will end up going to Rizin.

What we will get is h bomb hendo.
What I want to see is prime Hendo who uses a full skill set, works his clinch game and then waits for the right moment to unload that h bomb.

When fighters get old they all get one dimensional though. It's not easy shooting for takedowns when you get older. I'm only in my mid 30's and believe me even jiu jitsu is tougher on my body now than when I was in my 20's. That's not a fight against a ufc fighter who trains for a living who is trying to knock me out either.

So I kind of understand why he is one dimensional now. Grappling probably saps him of his endurance and strength much quicker.

Randy Couture was pretty incredible compared to normal human being age standards. You are correct that as fighters age they become more and more one dimensional, father time sort of forces that on them. Consider Randy though. He beats Tim Sylvia at age 45 then he defends against Gabe Gonzaga in a fight where he clinched Gonzaga against the cage, used dirty boxing, body slammed him, used wrestling, and ultimately KO'ed Gonzaga using a pretty full tool kit.

The most interesting tidbit about that fight is that Gonzaga broke 45 year old Couture's arm and Randy still fucked him up.
randycouture_arm_ufc741.jpg

nah it was a cheap shot anderson could have waited for the mouth piece or said something to get bisping's attention back to the fight.

if a guy comes in to touch gloves, you can throw a punch at him. no deceit involved. but nobody does it

Several guys have tried that, Erick Silva recently tried that with the fake glove touch and ended up finished.

It's not Anderson's job to make sure Bisping is paying attention to him during a fight. There was no "waiting for the mouthpiece", as Herb wasn't going to stop the fight to put it back in with 5 seconds left in the round.

Randy Couture was pretty incredible compared to normal human being age standards. You are correct that as fighters age they become more and more one dimensional, father time sort of forces that on them. Consider Randy though. He beats Tim Sylvia at age 45 then he defends against Gabe Gonzaga in a fight where he clinched Gonzaga against the cage, used dirty boxing, body slammed him, used wrestling, and ultimately KO'ed Gonzaga using a pretty full tool kit.

The most interesting tidbit about that fight is that Gonzaga broke 45 year old Couture's arm and Randy still fucked him up.
randycouture_arm_ufc741.jpg

Randy was a freak of nature for sure. He got more technical as he got older.

I'll probably take shit for this but I'll also say that Randy was probably on all sorts of peds during that last title run. It doesn't diminish what he accomplished imo but at the same time, with usada Hendo doesn't have that same benefit, so he is going to age more naturally.

Well I'm excited for this fight and pulling for Dan to pull off another H-Bomb, then ride off into the sunset. It would be a wonderfully poetic ending to a legendary career. I will grant it's a long shot but its what I'm hoping for.

Several guys have tried that, Erick Silva recently tried that with the fake glove touch and ended up finished.

It's not Anderson's job to make sure Bisping is paying attention to him during a fight. There was no "waiting for the mouthpiece", as Herb wasn't going to stop the fight to put it back in with 5 seconds left in the round.

every one always brings up other people who did that. yes other people have done it but its super rare because most fighters are at the very least interested in putting up a facade of sportsmanship. again im not arguing for the legality of the strike but how cheap it was. it was no accident that he threw the most lethal strike in his arsenal while bisping had no mouth piece and herb company man dean was being a prick to michael.

it's almost as if you only just recently started watching mma
Its almost as if you're so desperate to recreate magic that you want to throw a whole division in limbo.

But sure, keep trying to justify a title shot being given to a 1 fight win streak Hendo.

every one always brings up other people who did that. yes other people have done it but its super rare because most fighters are at the very least interested in putting up a facade of sportsmanship. again im not arguing for the legality of the strike but how cheap it was. it was no accident that he threw the most lethal strike in his arsenal while bisping had no mouth piece and herb company man dean was being a prick to michael.

Bisping should have kept fighting, instead of worrying about his mouthpiece in the middle of action during the final seconds of a round.

Are we really gonna get Bisping/Hendo 2, Romero/Jacare 2 and Rockhold/Weidman 2?

If Hendo wins...who fights for the vacant belt?
Great question, and another reason to make this fight.

These MWs talking about Hendo being undeserving better get a-fighting...to get their spot at the front of the line for that Vacant Title.

- Jacare vs Weidman
- Rockhold vs Yo-El

Whoever looks the best

Bisping should have kept fighting, instead of worrying about his mouthpiece in the middle of action during the final seconds of a round.

he should have. but he was worried about his health and rightfully so. andy took advantage by saying to himself muhahaha hes talking to the ref.

he should have. but he was worried about his health and rightfully so. andy took advantage by saying to himself muhahaha hes talking to the ref.

So it's Anderson's fault that Bisping had a lapse in judgement?

It would be nice to see Hendo Retire with the belt seeing as a UFC strap Is the only Major MMA feat that he has left to accomplish.

I don't really want to shit on the idea, or the accomplishment.

But he would have won the title as the number 12 ranked MW fighter.

And will have won it from Bisping on his first defence.

It would be a cool story. But those are the facts.

I atopped rooting for hendo a while ago when he was getting murcked on ppv every 6 months, but turns out he is knockinf out contenders left and right, and now he is fighting for the world title. I like bisping, he fullfilled his destiny and now o hope hendo can have his moment too

I've been watching the MMA for over a decade now, watched Hendo vs Bisping 1 live, the whole bit... and I understand that from a "rankings" standpoint it's total BS, but I'm officially to the point where after all these years where who gives a good fuck?? It's Dan MFing Henderson's last hurrah, and the rightful CHAMPION Michael Bisping wants this fight more than any other. It makes perfect sense! THAT is why it's happening... and anybody who doesn't like it, line up with the rest to get a wamburger with some french cries....

So it's Anderson's fault that Bisping had a lapse in judgement?

no herb dean had a lapse in judgement. bisping thought herb was a normal ref.

besides that, in a rematch would you really think anderson silva would reproduce something like that again? that situation was clearly an anamoly

Back