Dan Henderson will retire win or lose against Bisping

C'mon Hendo, give us one more! That would be insane if he can pull it off.

I dont like retiring when you win the title.. you should at least (try to) defend it one time.

Are we really gonna get Bisping/Hendo 2, Romero/Jacare 2 and Rockhold/Weidman 2?

If Hendo wins...who fights for the vacant belt?
Should do Romero vs Rockhold and Weidman vs jacare then the winners fight for the vacant belt

That's why I'm hoping Dan has one more round left in him. But Bisping is a smart fighter. I fear Dan will gas and get tko'd.

Yeah I'm not feeling too optimistic about his odds.

I'd love to see him turn back the clock for just one more round. If we get one more round of anything resembling prime Hendo then Bisping goes to sleep again.

it's almost as if you only just recently started watching mma

I have been watching mma since the beginning, and am a huge Hendo fan. But I agree with Count on this one. I can't recall a title fight with less merit than this one, and the idea of Henderson winning the belt and immediately retiring makes the match up all the more pathetic.
I get the Henderson love, but I am still surprised at how many people are even OK with this fight. Dan should be nowhere near a title fight at this point in his career. The fight would make sense if Bisping has lost or loses in his next fight or two.

USADA bisping is a knock out artist. dan is finished lool

Huge Hendo fan and I'll be rooting for him, but his chin is gone and he is slow and really only looks for the one big punch at this point.

Bisping isn't the heaviest handed guy, but I think this ends badly for Hendo.

I just hope Bisping doesn't pretend like he beat a prime Dan Henderson after this fight.

I like Hendo but the way he is fighting the last years,
big chance Bisping will take that belt back home again.

I'd love to see him turn back the clock for just one more round. If we get one more round of anything resembling prime Hendo then Bisping goes to sleep again.

88b75_outdoor-theater-22.gif

Huge Hendo fan and I'll be rooting for him, but his chin is gone and he is slow and really only looks for the one big punch at this point.

I just hope Bisping doesn't pretend like he beat a prime Dan Henderson after this fight.

Totally agree. Odds are that Bisping avoids the right hand, works Henderson over, and gets a k/tko late in the fight.

You know he will. After the KO heard from Vegas to London Bridge.

I'm torn... I like Bisping, but it would be nice to see an oldschool guy leave the sport on a high note instead of with a loss...

Retire?

He'll be leaving in a body bag.

Thing is, if Dan knows hes retiring anyway will he say sod it and bring the trt out one last time?

For a seemingly defensive minded fighter, Bisping has been there to get hit throughout his career. Stann, Kang, Akiyama, even Dan Miller were able to find the mark in the past. While these are definitely more dated fights, Bisping was still hit regularly by Dalloway, and Leites, and even Kennedy was able to find his chin, the very short time the fight was in the standing position, in his more recent bouts.

Henderson repeating history isn't as far-fetched as some are making it out to be.

I can see it now:

H-bomb, boom! Down goes Bisping!!!

Hendo announces retirement, and rides off into the sunset with the strap, and as the man I wish was my grandfather.

That would be glorious....

Honestly, if Dan beat Bisping. Now he's got the chance to negotiate big money. That championship type money.

I doubt he retires with the belt.

Honestly this makes the ufc look like a joke. They screwed over all of their contenders to give a guy with a 3-6 record in the last 4 years a title fight, when he isn't in the top 10 and his only recent wins are Lombard and Boetsch. I don't ever want to hear about how Bellator is a joke with freak fights and the ufc is so legit after all of the crap the ufc has been doing lately.

One of the most unlikable main events of all time for me. I have no idea who to root against. :\

Back