Cyborg Just Smoked Budd

Budd is terrible. Her being the pinnacle of that division until Cyborg arrived just shows how poor the level is, and tells us what kind of crappy matchups we can look forward to.

lol @ beating Julia budd meaning anything. For two broads on roids youd think they wouldnt have gassed so quickly

Julia Budd stood strong for 2 rounds, but she couldn't handle the pressure of the goat. What a finish.

Budd wasn’t doing shit besides stalling though. It’s extraordinary to see a big, muscular chick (from a striking background, no less) who can’t bust a grape. She had absolutely nothing for Cyborg on the feet.

Julia Budd stood strong for 2 rounds, but she couldn't handle the pressure of the goat. What a finish.
awesome job not only posting in the wrong forum, but 4 and a half hours after the other thread about the same thing. and a fucking wmma fight at that. is it that hard to check the front page before making a dumb thread?
<Deported1>

I cant respect someone who runs away after an ass whooping. She should has stayed in the ufc.
To say that she simply ran away is Dana's narrative, which ignores almost the entire story.

Cyborg had one fight left on left on her contract before she fought Spencer. Her plan was to fight Spencer, and then use the money-making rematch with Nunes as leverage to secure a more lucrative contract. Dana undoubtedly recognized this, and he, knowing that a second fight with Nunes, much less a second loss, would make Cyborg much less valuable to the organization (Cyborg's not going down to BW, and Amanda could've decided to not go for the fw belt anymore), wanted the rematch to happen right away so he wouldn't have to give Cris an expensive new deal if she lost. As a result, his counter measure to Cyborg's plan was to bully her into taking the immediate rematch by saying she was scared and whatnot. Realizing that this strategy wasn't working, he booked the fight with Spencer to satiate Cyborg in the meantime. What he didn't do however, was ease up on the poking. Tension between the two reached a boiling point, and Dana, seeing that an extended partnership was becoming less likely, offered Cris a one fight contract so he could at least get one more big event out of her. Cyborg, who undoubtedly recognized this and was fed up with being bullied, confronted Dana backstage after the Spencer fight. Dana essentially revealed the motivation for his goading by telling her that she shouldn't always believe what he says to the media. After this, a fed up member of Cyborg's team, with or without her knowledge and/or approval, put out the fake video of their conversation, and had Dana say "I always lie when I speak to the media", certainly as a form of retribution. This broke the camel's back, and ended with Cyborg's release from the UFC.

What we don't know from all of this is what would've happened if the fake video hadn't come out. Would Dana have caved in and given Cyborg a new big deal? Probably not, as he's not the type to concede defeat and give into a fighter's demands. Would Cyborg have signed a one fight contract as a way of "proving Dana wrong"? Probably not, because she clearly wasn't going to give him what he wanted after feeling disrespected. Given the reality of the situation, I'm not sure much would've changed if the fake video hadn't come out. All it did was expedite the dissolution.

I've always found it odd Cyborg gets so much shit while Liz carmouche who looks exactly like Uriah Faber is never even questioned, lol, I'm guessing success plays a key role in this.
Failing doping tests as a female in 2011 plays a key role in this.
<BC1>

Nunes stands at the top of the heap. She took the belt from the girl who had it.
Tf? You can say that Nunes is currently the greatest, but that's not what goat means you brick. Is Cejudo the FW goat? Was Weidman the MW goat after he beat Silva?

lol @ beating Julia budd meaning anything. For two broads on roids youd think they wouldnt have gassed so quickly

Cyborg certainly didn't gas. She threw volume up until the point that Budd crumbled

I've always found it odd Cyborg gets so much shit while Liz carmouche who looks exactly like Uriah Faber is never even questioned, lol, I'm guessing success plays a key role in this.
You go after a member of the LBGTQ community and they will all descend upon you like a swarm of locusts.

A rematch with Nunes needs to happen. The under a minute brawling KO didn't do the matchup justice imo

Back