Cyborg Just Smoked Budd

This fight made me appreciate how good Amanda Nunes is. Nunes smoked both of those girls in under a minute. Although I still wish we would have gotten a Cyborg/Nunes rematch. Cyborg might have been able to beat Nunes if she took her time and was more patient, like she was in this fight with Julia Budd.

Seen that 1 coming from signing day. Budd big winstreak was against nobodies. Cyborg is a beast everywhere. Getting caught and rushing at nunez without any strategy was a dumb move but hardly proved she isnt a top wmma fighter. Every1 else is still leagues below her
True, everyone besides Amanda Nunes and maybe GDR if she could keep the fight standing would get destroyed by Cyborg. Cyborg is just too skilled and too powerful for most female fighters to handle.

Lol Nunes knocked Budd out in 14 seconds
Cyborg took 16 mins to get the job done

Nunes fought Budd 9 years ago. If that fight still has that much relevance, then so does the 3 losses that Nunes suffered after the Budd victory. smh

It was hilarious how the Bellator commentators were making it out like Cyborg is the Goat and never got obliterated by Nunes. They were calling her the GOAT and the most feared woman in MMA lol.

It was cute, really.

I'm not as convinced by the whole "obliterated" comment.

Cyborg got caught with a shot and was never able to recover. Now had Nunes dominated her round after round, okay, that would have been more convincing.

Why cyborg never recieved an immediate rematch is beyond me, when fighters like randy couture, anderson Silva, among others recieved immediate rematches in positions similiar to cyborg's.

Cyborg got caught with a shot and was never able to recover. Now had Nunes dominated her round after round, okay, that would have been more convincing.

Why cyborg never recieved an immediate rematch is beyond me, when fighters like randy couture, anderson Silva, among others recieved immediate rematches in positions similiar to cyborg's.

She didn't want one....

I'm really happy for Cyborg - criminally underrated and ducked most of her career (in addition to enduring awful comments about her appearance), and after finally achieving superstardom, she got smoked by Nunes (who is legitimately the best WMMA fighter of all time, although I think Cyborg does much better in a rematch). That loss gave all of Cyborg's haters an excuse to disregard her accomplishments, and Dana basically gave her the bums rush into Bellator.

It will really suck never seeing the top 2 WMMA fighters of all time get a rubber match. While Amanda will continue to be a star for as long as she is fighting, I worry Cyborg will fade into obscurity with only the hardcore fans knowing what she is up to.

AdvancedCoolAmericanbulldog-size_restricted.gif

Musk never even inhaled.

Joe never even noticed until like a year later.

too bad she shit the bed and got KTFO in seconds in one of the few WMMA fights that actually mattered

I'm talking about the from the moment Nunes tagged her to the moment she finished her off. That was an obliteration, no doubt about it, and it came quick.

And she probably didn't get a title shot because she was a troublemaker who made shit up, got caught out about it, and herself admitted she was in the wrong.

And Cyborg's situation wasn't similar to Couture's or Silva's at all. if you look at Randy, when he lost the HW belt the first time, he got a rematch because the belt was then vacant, and it wasn't a rematch. When he got a rematch against Vitor it was likely because a doctor's stoppage ended the first fight. After he lost it again, he didn't get an immediate rematch. And when he lost it to Brock, he probably didn't want a rematch at the age he was at.

And Silva was on like a 10 fight title defense streak. Cyborg had defended the belt just twice, once against Holly, and Yana, who is a journeywoman. They're not the same situations at all.

Maybe if her vs Nunes had actually ended up being a close fight, then she might have had more case for a rematch, but your case for a rematch is pretty weak when you go out and get obliterated inside of the opening minute.

The pinaccle of WMMA is Cyborg vs Nunes in a 7 fight tournament, and maybe throw Shev in there...

(I thought Nunes beat Cyborg in 2nd fight but don't see Shev path to victory vs Cyborg)

I just like MMA, mate. I don't give a fuck if it's women.

I do love the women for gambling though. These girls are my money-makers.

So much easier to pick when the number of one shot kos is so so much less, make the money on WMMA, and mens 145 and under.

It was hilarious how the Bellator commentators were making it out like Cyborg is the Goat and never got obliterated by Nunes. They were calling her the GOAT and the most feared woman in MMA lol.

It was cute, really.
They clearly noted that she had lost to Nunes, and she definitely is the women's fw goat. Getting clipped in a 50/50 brawl by someone who hadn't fought a fw since 2011 doesn't mean that Cyborg's not the goat of that weight class anymore.

So much easier to pick when the number of one shot kos is so so much less, make the money on WMMA, and mens 145 and under.

Yep, exactly.

I love women heavy cards. I always just load my multi up with pretty much all of them to reach the 2nd round. That said winners aren't too hard to pick either if you've watched WMMA for years. There's still a lot of easy picks that I reckon the bookies don't see coming because they have no clue and haven't watched enough WMMA themselves. Roxy last week for example.

Most of the girls have one strength as well, which makes it easier to guess how they'll fare against each other.

HWs are good for betting for fights to not go to a decision as well.

Yeah she beat that ass pretty good. Here's the finish:

Glad to see Cyborg back in the win column.

They clearly noted that she had lost to Nunes, and she definitely is the women's fw goat. Getting clipped in a 50/50 brawl by someone who hadn't fought a fw since 2011 doesn't mean that Cyborg's not the goat of that weight class anymore.

I missed them referencing Nunes.

She isn't the FW GOAT at all. GOATs don't pop hot. You can forget about her "winning" streak up until that point. After that it was nothing but fattened up BWs. Then she finally fought someone who was a top fighter and she got absolutely destroyed.

She cheated and beat on smaller opponents, and then Nunes came along and took everything she had in less than a minute.

I cant respect someone who runs away after an ass whooping. She should has stayed in the ufc.

Julia Budd stood strong for 2 rounds, but she couldn't handle the pressure of the goat. What a finish.

Back