Crowd Chanting "USA" last night in the main event...AMAZING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not big on the USA chants, but it's nothing compared to crowds in Brazil and the UK. Even Canada when cheering for their fighters. Brazilian crowds won't even politely applaud the winner usually if he beats a popular Brazilian fighter.
USA and, in particular, Brazil rank on the scale of traditional values, according to the World Values Survey. It's defined as: Traditional values emphasize the importance of religion, parent-child ties, deference to authority and traditional family values. People who embrace these values also reject divorce, abortion, euthanasia and suicide. These societies have high levels of national pride and a nationalistic outlook.

So, is normal.

Culture_Map_2017_conclusive.png

America is the one country that if you support it, chant it's name, you are considered to be dumb hick. The lack of patriotism and unity is the reason everyone wants to kill each other - it was touching to see them supporting the black American guy over te white European one. After 911 was the only time I remember people being united and patriotic, then Cheney had to fuck it up by starting illegal wars.

Not big on the USA chants, but it's nothing compared to crowds in Brazil and the UK. Even Canada when cheering for their fighters. Brazilian crowds won't even politely applaud the winner usually if he beats a popular Brazilian fighter.
It's funny that people are triggered by a patriotic harmless slogan, while Brazil literally chants "You're going to die".

It's funny that people are triggered by a patriotic harmless slogan, while Brazil literally chants "You're going to die".

It's probably because 40% of Americans are functionally illiterate dumb asses. The other 60% probably don't chant like wankers at live events.

Plus shouting ''you are going to die'' is badass lol

lol america is nothing to be proud of
I wouldnt say nothing, but definitely not that what is being cheered for in those types of events. Typically done by patriots that scream love it or leave it, and for some reason think being American or patriotic is their version of interpretation. Not sure why or when that type of folk thought that they get to say who or what is patriotic or American.

I was surprised T-Wood didn't take a knee during those chants.

On the same day the Serena Williams supporters in NY booed a Japanese-born who has lived in the US since age 3 who won her first major tournament.

And she was soundly defeating Serena before Serena had a meltdown, regardless of what the headlines say.
That meltdown was so hard, they showed it on the news in full detail, including the bit where she called sexism.

I was kind of relieved they explicitly mentioned that the ref‘s calls were correct.

Good to see that in the end, despite our political and ideological differences, we can all still come together to root against the British

USA
USA
USA

Yay! This guy was born within the same set of imaginary lines I was!

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." - Albert Einstein

I personally hate that BS mixed in MMA. But it is a fact of (international) competition (competitors) so I mostly just ignore it.

It's probably because 40% of Americans are functionally illiterate dumb asses. The other 60% probably don't chant like wankers at live events.

Plus shouting ''you are going to die'' is badass lol

Those stupid, unintelligent Americans could really learn some sophistication from the Brazilian crowds.

The left believes nationalism is a disease for "rubes" and "simple-minded morons" except when the nationalism works in favor of a Black fighter.

That's interesting and revealing.

Yikes!

Yes he is...in other words, he believes there should be more respect for human life, then for a piece of cloth. If you don't believe that, you're an absolute piece of trash.
It's debatable if I am a piece of trash but you are an imbecile if you don't know the difference between THEN and THAN.

America is the one country that if you support it, chant it's name, you are considered to be dumb hick. The lack of patriotism and unity is the reason everyone wants to kill each other - it was touching to see them supporting the black American guy over te white European one. After 911 was the only time I remember people being united and patriotic, then Cheney had to fuck it up by starting illegal wars.
Have you ever seen an American sports event? It dumbfounds the world. Other nations play the national anthem during international events, not when you play against somebody from your own country. The American militarism and deference to authority make most of Europe shake their heads.

Unity when your president tried to ban Americans from serving in the military? That's the very definition of dividing.

Dumb IMO. I am not against chants supporting countries but use them at events where contestants are representing their countries, Woodley is out there for himself. It would have made more sense if in the build up there was a country vs. country angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back