Craziest MMA statistics

96% of sherdoggers think Hunt will deserve a title shot if he beats Struve due to his 4 fight win streak (and 4-6 in his last 10) but don't think Struve does if he beats Hunt and secures a 5 fight win streak (8-2 in his last 10).

aoki fought a kick boxer, round 1 all kickboxing and round 2 mma. he survived the kickboxing round and got KTFO'd in the round that allows grappling.

Jienotsu!!!!!

In 4 seconds.

zjhxxv.gif

Aoki survived by clinching, grabbing ropes, and doing other illegal shit in the kickboxing round. MMA round, goes for takedown, gets obliterated.

Joe Lauzon, Andrei Arlovski, and Tom Lawlor are the only modern era UFC fighters to knock an opponent out and submit an opponent in under a minute.

Yes, yes he was.

Not really Hendo was holding him at the time after fedor knocked hendo down, hendo reversed it and put a big shot in from behind fedor was barely on his feet when the shot landed in fact he was technically grounded because one arm was on the mat. The punch was a huge factor of him going down but he was hit from behind, was not standing and went down with an arm around his waist. Certainly would not be classed a legal knockdown in any stand up fight sport.

I also thought that Fujita dropped him. I know he at least rocked him and I remember Fedor falling into the ropes, I'll have to watch when I get home.

Fedor grabbed Fujita and held on for dear life he didn't go down.

Rani Yahya has submission victories using 8 different chokes.

Last edited:
Outside of B.J. Penn only one LW title fight has had a finish in it. Edgar vs. Maynard III

All the rest have gone to a decision.

I will need to verify that for myself, but if true GOD DAMN that is one cool stat.

Verified. Awesome.

Last edited:
Rani Yahya has submission victories using 6 different chokes.

I count 7. North-south, guillotine, rear naked, brabo, Ezekiel, triangle, and arm-triangle.

Not to mention a couple different armlocks.

Jienotsu!!!!!

In 4 seconds.

zjhxxv.gif

Aoki survived by clinching, grabbing ropes, and doing other illegal shit in the kickboxing round. MMA round, goes for takedown, gets obliterated.

One of the most satisfying MMA moments, hands down.

Outside of B.J. Penn only one LW title fight has had a finish in it. Edgar vs. Maynard III

All the rest have gone to a decision.

Kind of unnecessary but this also means that BJ is the only LW to finish a title fight by submission and he did so twice by RNC.

Last edited:
Tito Ortiz fought his first UFC and his second UFC fight as an amateur.

Kind of unnecessary but this also means that BJ is the only LW to finish a title fight by submission and he did so twice by RNC.

He finished the fight against Diego by TKO, doctor stoppage.

Dennis Hallman has 40 wins by submission and 0 losses by sub. He's also the only fighter in recent memory to wear a banana hammock instead of shorts.

Jon Jones destroyed and embarrassed 100% of the opponents put in front of him.

not true.
Vitor did some damage before getting practically.
Shad took him to decision and only got truly hurt a couple times if I remember correctly.
Bonnar took him to a decision and arguably won the third round when Jones gassed a little.

Dennis Hallman has 40 wins by submission and 0 losses by sub. He's also the only fighter in recent memory to wear a banana hammock instead of shorts.

Lol.

Brian Ebersole is the sole winner of the "getting those horrifying shorts off TV as soon as possible" post-fight bonus.

Back