Craziest MMA statistics

eXtv

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Just found out that Diego Sanchez was 0-27 for takedown attempts against BJ Penn in their fight

(source: http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/2324).

Truly a crazy stat, BJ ate his soul that night.

B.J.-Penn1.jpg

So, Sherdog, what crazy MMA statistics do you know of?

Last edited:
Anderson landed 100% of his strikes against Leben.

100% of sherdog posts from people from england in this thread have inaccuracies in them..

96% of sherdoggers think Hunt will deserve a title shot if he beats Struve due to his 4 fight win streak (and 4-6 in his last 10) but don't think Struve does if he beats Hunt and secures a 5 fight win streak (8-2 in his last 10).

aoki fought a kick boxer, round 1 all kickboxing and round 2 mma. he survived the kickboxing round and got KTFO'd in the round that allows grappling.

-BJ Penn has yet to be dropped in his career (although I believe Rory could/should have finished him).

-Prior to the Shields fight, Akiyama had a 100% tdd statistic.

-Brian Bowles fought Damacio Page twice, beating him the EXACT same time both times ( guillotine choke, round 1, same exact time too)

-BJ Penn has yet to be dropped in his career (although I believe Rory could/should have finished him).

-Brian Bowles fought Damacio Page twice, beating him the EXACT same time both times ( guillotine choke, round 1, same exact time too)

great statistics, thanks for the contribution

Wow that's insane it happened at the exact same time in both fights.

That was one of BJ's best performances. He was awesome in that fight... The head kick and all that blood. It was a real high point for him back when everyone thought he was unbeatable at LW

Jon Jones destroyed and embarrassed 100% of the opponents put in front of him.

He did not... not really. The last one is not a "hit"... but MMA stats what they are, I suppose that's correct.

Leben was pretty much out of it, so that last little strike that missed was after the fight :p

But seriously though, that's as close to 100% as you'll ever get in MMA, save a one punch KO like Jimmo over Perosh.

Anyway, the amount of strikes that Penn outlanded Diego by was rather surprising as far as I remember.

jeff monson has never dropped anyone standing, only has 2 tkos in his career (one by knee to the body on ground and one from punches on ground)

rich franklin has only been ko'd by southpaws (machida, silva, belfort, cung le)

Back