Craziest MMA statistics

jeff monson has never dropped anyone standing, only has 2 tkos in his career (one by knee to the body on ground and one from punches on ground)

rich franklin has only been ko'd by southpaws (machida, silva, belfort, cung le)

Wow, never really thought about that before.

I remember looking up Stefan Struves stats on UFC.com before the Miocic fight, and his TDD was 0%

Haha that's one unstable skyscraper if you ask me.

Another quick stat:

-Ryo Chonan has 2 submission wins in his career, the amazing flying scissor heel hook of Anderson Silva, and a submission due to strikes in his 3rd pro fight.

Shannon Ritch has had 120+ fights, and never had a decision (with 95% finishing in the first round)

Fedor has never been dropped by a strike while standing.

Damn you idontbelieveit....

-Brian Bowles fought Damacio Page twice, beating him the EXACT same time both times ( guillotine choke, round 1, same exact time too)

Yeah, that's nuts too. Had to have been embarrassing for Page.

Lord Fedor is the GOAT, no need for a statistic!:icon_twis

Curious about the Fedor stat. Not that I'm intentionally disputing it but didn't Hendo clobber him to the ground?

aoki fought a kick boxer, round 1 all kickboxing and round 2 mma. he survived the kickboxing round and got KTFO'd in the round that allows grappling.

this actually makes sense - similar for when strikers fight wrestlers and need to be careful with the threat of takedowns. Aoki might been careless getting the fight to the ground and got clipped

Cerrone didnt have a knockout up until the Charles Oliveira fight.

JZ Calvancante used to be one of the scariest dudes in LW. He had a streak of 7 fights, where he finished 5 of those opponents in the first minute. You might say,"okay,lots of other guys did that by fighting cans". But JZs 5 opponents were Rani Yahya, Nam Phan, Omigawa, Takaya and Ribeiro, who all became UFC/Strikeforce fighters later.

Speaking of Rani Yahya, he has a wide arsenal of submissions. He has finishes by: armbar, rear naked choke, guillotine, triangle, arm triangle, brabo choke, ezekiel choke, north-south choke, peruvian necktie, and americana.

Jon Jones destroyed and embarrassed 100% of the opponents put in front of him.

I'm assuming you never saw the Gusmao fight?

It wasn't a domination by any means. Jones was gassed after the first round and didnt do much to warrant "embarrassed."

Curious about the Fedor stat. Not that I'm intentionally disputing it but didn't Hendo clobber him to the ground?

I also thought that Fujita dropped him. I know he at least rocked him and I remember Fedor falling into the ropes, I'll have to watch when I get home.

Mike Pyle, primarily known for grappling, is the only UFC welterweight to have three consecutive first round (T)KOs, and they were from standing strikes.

jeff monson has never dropped anyone standing, only has 2 tkos in his career (one by knee to the body on ground and one from punches on ground)

rich franklin has only been ko'd by southpaws (machida, silva, belfort, cung le)

That's curious... he should pay attention to this.. If he read this, he will be afraid when fighting another southpaw...

Which is really odd considering Franklin himself is a southpaw.
I don't think so, it shows his decision to train as a southpaw aid off. I can't say for sure but I'm fairly certain there are more orthodox fighters than southpaws.

this actually makes sense - similar for when strikers fight wrestlers and need to be careful with the threat of takedowns. Aoki might been careless getting the fight to the ground and got clipped

Iirc he just dove in for the TD without any setup and ran into a knee Gomi-Gracie style.

Another intersting BJ fact is that no one has ever mounted him or taken his back.

Since returning to the UFC he has taken the back of all his opponents that have spent any significant amount of time with him on the ground save for GSP.

Lyoto Machida has wins over a former heavyweight, lhw, middleweight, and ww champions.
Edit: oh and a lw, bj penn

I don't think so, it shows his decision to train as a southpaw aid off. I can't say for sure but I'm fairly certain there are more orthodox fighters than southpaws.

I'm just saying that normally it's orthodox fighters that have problems against southpaws. Although Rich Franklin technically isn't a natural southpaw (he's right handed) so that may have something to do with it too.

Back