International Court Refuses to Extradite Dad Who Took His Daughters back from Foster Muslim Family

Danis Lisov, a Russian immigrant to Sweden, arrived in Warsaw earlier this week. During the airport control, it was discovered that his three daughters are considered abducted by Sweden’s authorities. The man decided on his course of action after his children were placed in a foster family by Swedish child welfare services. According to media reports, his final destination was Moscow.

“The court cannot send the minors to Sweden which they entered under their father’s care,” said judge Żaneta Seliga-Kaczmarek. “Following the father’s hearing and due to the lack of proof confirming restriction of parental rights, as well as having in mind the minor’s well-being, they court has decided that they should remain in their father’s care.”

The court has also issued a restriction order on the father. He is now obliged to remain in Poland until he is granted refugee status.

According to media reports, the 12, 6, and 4 year old lived with their parents in Sweden for years. The Swedish child welfare services began to investigate the family when the mother was diagnosed with schizophrenia and placed in a treatment facility. Two years ago, it was decided that the children should be placed in a foster family, 400 kilometres from their parent’s home. The father was not deprived of parental rights but the time he could see his daughters was limited to six hours a week.

According to the family’s attorney, the fact that the children were placed in a Muslim family of Lebanese origin despite being raised in a Christian faith was also an important factor in Mr Lisov’s decision to escape Sweden.

https://polandin.com/42042912/russi...ild-welfare-services-granted-asylum-in-poland

Wasn't there a thread on this last week?

Wasn't there a thread on this last week?
Didn't notice. Sorry if I have missed it somehow. This story caught my notice just now. If it's a repeated post then I will request MODs to delete this thread.

Do we have an official reason why he was deemed unfit to raise his children? They don't put kids in foster care for nothing and from what I heard, it was a temporary solution in any case.

Do we have an official reason why he was deemed unfit to raise his children? They don't put kids in foster care for nothing and from what I heard, it was a temporary solution in any case.

His wife is a patient of schizophrenia & currently under treatment. So Swedish government deemed that he isn't able to take care all of his three daughters all by his own.

His wife is a patient of schizophrenia & currently under treatment. So Swedish government deemed that he isn't able to take care all of his three daughters all by his own.
There are no single fathers in Sweden? Sounds unlikely that is the reason. So widowers all get their kids taken away from them?

There are no single fathers in Sweden? Sounds unlikely that is the reason. So widowers all get their kids taken away from them?
Their mother is a mental patient, is a valid reason on its own (In their opinion I guess).

Didn't notice. Sorry if I have missed it somehow. This story caught my notice just now. If it's a repeated post then I will request MODs to delete this thread.
It's probably back on page like 10 by now though to be fair.

I think what happened was he's not in Sweden legally or something.

The Muslim family thing frankly doesn't bother me unless they're super strict in adhering to the religion as that'd be a culture shock for the kids... but putting the kids like 400kms away from their dad seems fucking ridiculous.

No. It's pretty rare to lose your children and there are tons of single fathers here.

It's probably back on page like 10 by now though to be fair.

I think what happened was he's not in Sweden legally or something.

The Muslim family thing frankly doesn't bother me unless they're super strict in adhering to the religion as that'd be a culture shock for the kids... but putting the kids like 400kms away from their dad seems fucking ridiculous.

This is not the only story related to case like this. here another story from February where Poland granted asylum to a Norwegian mother.
https://polandin.com/41295419/poland-grants-asylum-to-norwegian-mum-her-daughter

an excerpt from the article

"Barnevernet, the Norwegian child welfare service has come under international and national scrutiny for being excessively interventionist in the past. Its child protection practices have been accused of lacking human elements and officials are said to resort to the extreme measure of separating children from their parents."

Last edited:
Glad he got the children out. An actual sensible government, unlike feminist Sweden, made the right decision using asylum correctly rather than sending them back with excuses and platitudes a liberal government would do.

The guy was a Russian immigrant to Sweden so it shows actual native Swedes would rather grab their ankles than fight. They are lemmings.

You're not telling the truth.

He and his wife lied about her mental illness in order to claim asylum and the Swedes just called their bluff.

Also, old news/repost thread.

You're not telling the truth.

He and his wife lied about her mental illness in order to claim asylum and the Swedes just called their bluff.

In 2017, the Swedish juvenile welfare authorities removed the girls from their father’s home after Lisov’s wife, who was suffering from a severe mental illness, had been admitted to hospital. The girls were placed in a foster family of Lebanese descent.

https://tass.com/society/1052006

Back