Could you date a chick from a different political camp if you care about politics?

Would you get into a relationship with someone with opposite political opinions from you

• Total voters
My wife has polar opposite political views and we’ve been happily married for 13 years and have two kids. I’m career military and she works in higher education, so we have vastly different world views. I think the only reason it works is because we share common interests and values on just about everything outside of politics.

Although, she was pretty hostile toward me for about a month after I voted for Donald Trump last election cycle.

Interesting. Are your kids of an age where they care about politics? It'd be interesting to see if they lean one way or the other or perhaps don't care at all because they have both views in the house.

My wife has polar opposite political views and we’ve been happily married for 13 years and have two kids. I’m career military and she works in higher education, so we have vastly different world views. I think the only reason it works is because we share common interests and values on just about everything outside of politics.

Although, she was pretty hostile toward me for about a month after I voted for Donald Trump last election cycle.

FailingContentGalapagosmockingbird-size_restricted.gif

I'm at the political centre, so I can swing both ways if ya know what I mean... However, only so far: I couldn't be with an out and out racist alt-right type, nor someone wanting to raise kids "gender neutrally" and not using gendered pronouns until they were 7 and shit.

Most women stop caring very much about politics once they have a family, though.
i'm very much the same as you.

yeah but she has to have great tits, love 'em and leave'em baby

No, i would never want to date someone who doesnt respect my property nor my individuality, so no leaftists

I think it's overwhelmingly a liberal thing to let politics get in the way of relationships. I voted for trump and i couldn't care less about who someone voted for. I actually enjoy a good civil debate in good fun but the libs i encounter are incapable of staying calm when discussing trump.

Really cool of you to make that compromise.

Reminds me of my long time girl’s father, may he rest. That guy gave me so much shit because I drive Japanese vehicles and bought a new Toyota for his daughter. He was into classic BMW’s, Porches, and all Original Mustangs. One day he took her to the dealer to trade in her ‘Yota for a Mercedes. Pile of shit car that had annual repairs which ranged from $1k-3k.

Thanks, bro. I appreciate it.

Say your a righty and you want to get with a lefty. She's got on petrouli and some natty weaves.

Would you date? Or just hit it.

Do you think you could have a healthy relationship with someone with a polar opposite political viewpoint to you?

I cant have sex with your personality.

I don't have a "political camp" and don't care for allegiance. I look at issues individually and would prefer the person I'm with the be like that too rather than blind allegiance to a party.

With that said, for certain things yes, for other things no. I would avoid someone that shows extremism in either form as both political leanings in their extreme form are insufferable!

I am living with one. It's not easy and I honestly don't know if we'll make it through 2020 as a couple. We barely made it through 2016.

True story: before election night I said to her that maybe we shouldn't talk politics (she was well aware I was supporting Trump and I was well aware she wasn't). I was sure Clinton would win and I didn't want her to rub it in. She says "baby, it's just politics and we're bigger than that". I thought, how mature of her. Anyway, fast forward to Trump winning and suddenly she's a bawling, hysterical baby and she can't believe I voted for a racist, blah, blah, blah. I say, "but I thought you said we were bigger than politics?". Apparently that only counted if Clinton won...

So anyway, yeah, it can be done but since liberals are narrow minded hypocrites it's not easy! Trouble is, I'm cursed with being drawn to creative types, and they tend to be liberal. Mind fuck.

Ugh, I'm not a Trump fan but I hate people who act like his win was the end of the world. Life goes on and in 4 to 8 years you'll have a new President and we can start the whining process again.

I had some liberals arguing with me that he's the worst, most racist, President ever. I was insulted to see they found him worse than slave owners but they maintain he was... this is why I don't fuck with them (or any side for that matter).

I digress though.

I think it's overwhelmingly a liberal thing to let politics get in the way of relationships. I voted for trump and i couldn't care less about who someone voted for. I actually enjoy a good civil debate in good fun but the libs i encounter are incapable of staying calm when discussing trump.
This is true.

Most of my friends lean right. They aren’t assiduous trump supporters, but they lean right.

I have two who lean left, hard.

We all watch fights together. The opposing views would be zero issue whatsoever in the realm of American cage fighting and craft beer... except...the two left wing ones always start with their politics by saying some ignorant shit and then are the ones that wind up offended if you try to discuss the details, or if you attempt any kind of clarity/elaboration.

I’m not saying all left wing people are retarded, but find someone who really hates Trump’s guts and voted for Hilary. Then ask them nicely out of curiosity what policies of Hilary’s they agree with, and what specific words or actions they don’t agree with on behalf of trump.

They will look at you with the same look as if you just asked a whitetail deer a question about WW2 strategy.

lol at taking politics so personal that you wouldn’t even go on a date with a chick.

Damn these votes are a three way tie. Interesting shit. So we are split down the middle on whether we wood or wouldn't

I wouldn’t date a bleeding heart left winger because hanging with that crowd just seems miserable. I would date a trumpster for a while and then dump once I got tired of it. I prefer to play in the middle or slightly off it.

Generally, i won't date any woman on the far side of either spectrum since i drift more towards the center/left (more left since the right has been hijacked by the religious).

That being said, hotness can override all of that. I'm fully capable of not listening to someone who's speaking, yet appearing to do so.

No matter how hot, sweet and mind you are; if you vote Tory then you're a cunt

I wouldn't in a million years date a "thin blue line" girl... Chances are she wouldn't date my kind either so

Yeah sure... almost every chick I've dated has been a bleeding-heart liberal or too dumb to give a shit about politics.

Why not - you're both adults. As long as she is not some raging racist white power gal or over zealous feminist it should be workable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back