Could you date a chick from a different political camp if you care about politics?

Would you get into a relationship with someone with opposite political opinions from you

• Total voters
Date for a short time, sure. Marianne Williamson type hippies are nice. Obviously wouldn't last with the angry and miserable left wing types, since their relationships don't last more than a couple years with anybody.

It is entirely possible to physically beat the political opinion out of someone, especially a spouse. A few jabs, uppercuts, leg kicks to the body, and perspectives can change. Trust me I know. My wife was a mean bitch.

Everytime I see a political discussion on sherdog (usually revolving around Murican right and left) which almost always ends in both sides shitting on each other, I can't help but remember this quote from a Nazi general.

“Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.”
- Herman Goering

Maybe a couple decades ago but not with the extreme zealotry we have now

I would not date a Trump supporter. I could easily date a conservative though.

Maybe. But if she starts dropping the n word or wondering why gays exist, I'm going to walk out on the spot.

No. Successful marriages are but on mutual hates.

Say your a righty and you want to get with a lefty. She's got on petrouli and some natty weaves.

Would you date? Or just hit it.

Do you think you could have a healthy relationship with someone with a polar opposite political viewpoint to you?
It's definitely not easy these days.

Feminists are nuts in the sack. Mate of mine hooked up with one, probably a 5 out of 10 but they broke her bed, she had a whole drawer of toys, very open minded.

It would be very difficult for me if they were a full-on Lefty who always went on about 'bloody Trump!'

It's more a question of values.

Trying to have a relationship with someone whose values are too different is a doomed venture.

People who are way into their political affiliation are just annoying in general.

A chick with opposite politics to mine would be a horrible alt-right fascist cunt, so no, I could not date Tomi Lahren, or the Kent State Gun Girl.

My wife has polar opposite political views and we’ve been happily married for 13 years and have two kids. I’m career military and she works in higher education, so we have vastly different world views. I think the only reason it works is because we share common interests and values on just about everything outside of politics.

Although, she was pretty hostile toward me for about a month after I voted for Donald Trump last election cycle.

Depends on what issues. I defintely couldnt date one of soulless hateful ghouls. I like some positivity and humor in a girl.

<Goldie11>
My wife has polar opposite political views and we’ve been happily married for 13 years and have two kids. I’m career military and she works in higher education, so we have vastly different world views. I think the only reason it works is because we share common interests and values on just about everything outside of politics.

Although, she was pretty hostile toward me for about a month after I voted for Donald Trump last election cycle.

giphy.gif

I could, for a bit, though it depends on how crazy she or her views are, and how intelligent he is. Politics and religion can be deal breakers. One of my exes was gorgeous, but pretty damn ignorant at times. She wasn't a stupid person, but she had a poor education, with an upbringing that kept her down. She believed in that book "the secret", and despite having no knowledge on things, would form pretty strong opinions.

She was certain that she knew of a cure for my psoriatic arthritis, even though she had no idea what it was. She was one of those homeopathy types, who had a snake oil friend trying to sell me sugar pills. The sex was damn good, but there was only so much I could take

images

I'm at the political centre, so I can swing both ways if ya know what I mean... However, only so far: I couldn't be with an out and out racist alt-right type, nor someone wanting to raise kids "gender neutrally" and not using gendered pronouns until they were 7 and shit.

Most women stop caring very much about politics once they have a family, though.

I remember having a date with a girl that was trashing Trump and talking about adopting refugees ...

I didn’t date her again! A turn-off for sure!

upload_2020-1-20_1-33-9.gif

No, I couldn't be with someone who's beliefs are diametrically opposed to my own. That's why I'm married to someone who shares my politics. I mean, we had to compromise on guns because she was raised around them & they're the one holdover she has from having been raised by a very right-wing father. So, I agreed to have guns in the house out of respect for her & her dad. But other than that my wife & I were totally on the same page.
Really cool of you to make that compromise.

Reminds me of my long time girl’s father, may he rest. That guy gave me so much shit because I drive Japanese vehicles and bought a new Toyota for his daughter. He was into classic BMW’s, Porches, and all Original Mustangs. One day he took her to the dealer to trade in her ‘Yota for a Mercedes. Pile of shit car that had annual repairs which ranged from $1k-3k.

Back