Could you date a chick from a different political camp if you care about politics?

Would you get into a relationship with someone with opposite political opinions from you

• Total voters
oh sure, gf is pretty liberal, i am relatively conservative

the thing is, neither of us get super worked up about it so it's never been a big deal even when we do discuss it

I'd just red pill the bitch.

My wife (who owned her own restaurant before we got together) thought she was democratic.

Now? She's red pilled. Was pretty easy. Most business owners are conservatives.

I’m right wing and almost all of the girls I have been with are left wing or otherwise apolitical but quite often they are more conservative than they realize. Politics is not something you want popping up before you really get to know somebody(Atleast not now since politics and us vs them is pretty trendy) then afterwards they hardly matter. I couldn’t date any girl(right or left) who is consumed by politics though.

My wife will vote for whoever ends up with the democratic nomination and I'll vote for whoever the best person is even if it's a write in with a 0% chance of winning, but we don't really have any problems because we generally agree about the issues.

I think I could probably have dealt with a fiscal conservative, but a social conservative, evangelical jesus freak, or like an Alex Jones/conspiracy nut wouldn't work. Disgust and resentment are probably the two hardest emotions to get past.

I’m pretty conservative for my area (Massachusetts), Republican leaning by local standards though I’m an independent. I mostly dated hardcore liberal women, since that’s who was around Boston in my demographic when I was single, and it was never a major issue. My wife is pretty liberal, but neither of us likes Trump, so we’re not having the prevailing political argument of our time in my house.

It’s nearly impossible to keep a consistent conservative position and also believe in any of the things I think are important; climate change, local poverty, education funding etc. I don’t think the relationship would last very long or else one of us would have to change. I’m open to new ideas so it could be me, but it seems unlikely.

I'm finding most people who are heavy into politics are complete morons so my preference is that they just don't talk about politics.

Me and my GF were pretty different in beliefs when we first got together, Political or otherwise. After being together almost 7 years, a lot of her opinions now resemble mine and Ive managed to be a little more open minded about certain things. She definitely isnt opinionated though and I usually provide a good reasoning why I feel a certain way. Very few fights have been over politics or beliefs, if ever.

Hell yeah, who wouldn't mind a piece of Ivana TrumpAlot

I've been in relationships with misguided libs...even if they think they're some sort of woke feminist, they'll still put up with just about anything as long as you're boning them good at the end of the day...my current wife is very conservative and we get along much better...

Observation: Despite the nature of their posts, most conservatives here would still date libs. Libs otoh couldn't take their political glasses off.

It’s nearly impossible to keep a consistent conservative position and also believe in any of the things I think are important; climate change, local poverty, education funding etc. I don’t think the relationship would last very long or else one of us would have to change. I’m open to new ideas so it could be me, but it seems unlikely.
Funny I think of those things as tradition political issues. I could easily have a conversation and a relationship with someone who disagrees with me about those issues. It's the social issues that the average "Trump supporter" (imo) seems obsessed about that would get to me. I find people who are obsessed with things like race and sex when it has no affect on their personal life to be quite irritating.

Of course, im an adult.... hell i married one. Wife is uber catholic ,a registered Republican ,and a staunch conservative.

I'm pretty far left (Medicare 4 all,UBI,etc). Plenty of civil discourse when it comes to policy choices...and we don't speak during election cycles

Funny I think of those things as tradition political issues. I could easily have a conversation and a relationship with someone who disagrees with me about those issues. It's the social issues that the average "Trump supporter" (imo) seems obsessed about that would get to me. I find people who are obsessed with things like race and sex when it has no affect on their personal life to be quite irritating.

I am a working class person. I think that people will inevitably figure out for themselves how they want to treat each other. I don’t care about so called “social issues” very much.

The best thing we can do is make sure people have the basic services they have in other countries. It seems having access to basic services can reduce racism and xenophobia.

Lol at not even date, i will date a worshipper of chtulu if hot

Btw my woman got pretty distant views from mine, even if i'm not political as you can get (i don't vote)

Things are good, we both tend to avoid these topics

Maybe. Depends how hot they are.
That said, overzealous types of any persuasion tend to be yappy and unbearable though, and my preference in personal relationships is for people who talk as little as possible, and that goes tenfold for political opinions - just cba with the talking points!

I am indifference to politics but if I were and found myself in this scenario, I like to think I would be mature and level headed enough to look past the politics difference.

Fuck no. You would never agree on anything. Opposite means opposite.

Today’s “right” and “left” in America are not opposites though. They both sit pretty close to the middle. It’s not like democrats are anarchists and republicans are fascists . A democrat could probably be with a republican.

Back