Could you date a chick from a different political camp if you care about politics?

Would you get into a relationship with someone with opposite political opinions from you

• Total voters

SamSchmidt

I crossed time for you belt
Banned
Reaction score
Say your a righty and you want to get with a lefty. She's got on petrouli and some natty weaves.

Would you date? Or just hit it.

Do you think you could have a healthy relationship with someone with a polar opposite political viewpoint to you?

yeah as long as she doesnt voice her opinions.

No. I want a woman who complements my mission and purpose in life, not someone who sees me as competition that needs to be conquered.

I don’t want to date anybody whose life gets dominated by politics.

Pretty much. If you buy into any of the divisive and destructive bullshit going around these days, we can't even be friends, let alone bang.

My wife has polar opposite political views and we’ve been happily married for 13 years and have two kids. I’m career military and she works in higher education, so we have vastly different world views. I think the only reason it works is because we share common interests and values on just about everything outside of politics.

Although, she was pretty hostile toward me for about a month after I voted for Donald Trump last election cycle.

This. Would be horrible dating someone like that even if you agreed with them 100% on everything.

My wife has polar opposite political views and we’ve been happily married for 13 years and have two kids. I’m career military and she works in higher education, so we have vastly different world views. I think the only reason it works is because we share common interests and values on just about everything outside of politics.

Although, she was pretty hostile toward me for about a month after I voted for Donald Trump last election cycle.
Damn. And you never get into heated arguments about it?

if she goes against your beliefs whatever they may be, you're not supposed to compromise - she is.

this is where you'd have to finesse this shit, because other girls you'd know will be all "how the fuck can you get with that bitch" aka they'll never understand that you're giving an innocent chick a chance because she's willing to go against her beliefs for your D.

if you play your cards right, you'll have girls attracted to your "stink" from both sides.

I am living with one. It's not easy and I honestly don't know if we'll make it through 2020 as a couple. We barely made it through 2016.

True story: before election night I said to her that maybe we shouldn't talk politics (she was well aware I was supporting Trump and I was well aware she wasn't). I was sure Clinton would win and I didn't want her to rub it in. She says "baby, it's just politics and we're bigger than that". I thought, how mature of her. Anyway, fast forward to Trump winning and suddenly she's a bawling, hysterical baby and she can't believe I voted for a racist, blah, blah, blah. I say, "but I thought you said we were bigger than politics?". Apparently that only counted if Clinton won...

So anyway, yeah, it can be done but since liberals are narrow minded hypocrites it's not easy! Trouble is, I'm cursed with being drawn to creative types, and they tend to be liberal. Mind fuck.

Damn. And you never get into heated arguments about it?

We’re both pretty steadfast in our beliefs, so there isn’t a lot to debate or argue about that is going to change anyone’s mind. One area we’ve really had to both make compromises is how we raise our kids. We’ve had heated arguments just like any married couple, but we are also stubbornly committed to one another so we make it work.

Gross. I could never date a conservative.

Luckily my wife and I agree on pretty much everything.

I am living with one. It's not easy and I honestly don't know if we'll make it through 2020 as a couple. We barely made it through 2016.

True story: before election night I said to her that maybe we shouldn't talk politics (she was well aware I was supporting Trump and I was well aware she wasn't). I was sure Clinton would win and I didn't want her to rub it in. She says "baby, it's just politics and we're bigger than that". I thought, how mature of her. Anyway, fast forward to Trump winning and suddenly she's a bawling, hysterical baby and she can't believe I voted for a racist, blah, blah, blah. I say, "but I thought you said we were bigger than politics?". Apparently that only counted if Clinton won...

So anyway, yeah, it can be done but since liberals are narrow minded hypocrites it's not easy! Trouble is, I'm cursed with being drawn to creative types, and they tend to be liberal. Mind fuck.

Wow, this is actually very similar to my 2016 election night experience.

I think it would be fine but I think both parties suck so anyone I date that picks a team disagrees with me basically.

My ex wife was opposite me. It wasn't bad at first but got worse over time.

I don't recommend it.

No. I want a woman who complements my mission and purpose in life, not someone who sees me as competition that needs to be conquered.
do you want a girl that makes you eggs?

Back