Cotto>Mayweather

Am I the only one who thinks that the missed call by the ref (Zab knockng Mayweather down) in the Judah/Mayweather fight played a huge part in the momentum swing of that fight?

I'm not saying Judah would have won anyways, but Zab was fighting very good up to that point, and mentally knowing he had a 10-8 round could have helped a lot.

Am I the only one who thinks that the missed call by the ref (Zab knockng Mayweather down) in the Judah/Mayweather fight played a huge part in the momentum swing of that fight?

I'm not saying Judah would have won anyways, but Zab was fighting very good up to that point, and mentally knowing he had a 10-8 round could have helped a lot.

No, not really. Judah hasnt got the mental make-up of Mayweather at all, its a hige weakness for him, I dont think Mayweather worries about losing rounds here and there.

No, not really. Judah hasnt got the mental make-up of Mayweather at all, its a hige weakness for him, I dont think Mayweather worries about losing rounds here and there.

I actually think Mayweather is weak mentally. He almost started crying when he heard he was bleeding in the Augustus fight. You can hear his voice crack. Again in the interview after the Castillo fight. I think had the ref actually counted to eight, it might of effected PBF emotionally. Maybe in a good way.. maybe in a bad way. We dont know.

I actually think Mayweather is weak mentally. He almost started crying when he heard he was bleeding in the Augustus fight. You can hear his voice crack. Again in the interview after the Castillo fight. I think had the ref actually counted to eight, it might of effected PBF emotionally. Maybe in a good way.. maybe in a bad way. We dont know.

Weak mentally? Are you serious? Look how calm he stayed when Hatton got to him a little bit early on. Thats his MO, never seems to panic or look worried during the action.

Weak mentally? Are you serious? Look how calm he stayed when Hatton got to him a little bit early on. Thats his MO, never seems to panic or look worried during the action.

It took him several rounds to get comfortable in there with Hatton. The shot Hatton got him with landed while PBF was squared up. He understood that. Zab just got him.

All I'm saying is that the only two times I've seen Floyd really tested, his voice cracked and he fought back tears. Thats a sign of weakness...

Now that I think about it though, he did show some mental toughness when Corley jellied his legs. He came back blazing at the end of that round. So maybe he's getting stronger mentally. I'll hold judgement until we actually see him in a situation where he has to dig down.

It took him several rounds to get comfortable in there with Hatton. The shot Hatton got him with landed while PBF was squared up. He understood that. Zab just got him.

All I'm saying is that the only two times I've seen Floyd really tested, his voice cracked and he fought back tears. Thats a sign of weakness...

Now that I think about it though, he did show some mental toughness when Corley jellied his legs. He came back blazing at the end of that round. So maybe he's getting stronger mentally. I'll hold judgement until we actually see him in a situation where he has to dig down.

Someone's voice cracking from adrenaline and having tears in the boxing ring doesnt hold any weight in my view, they are getting jabbed in the face and nose, tears mean nothing. Judge by his actions, he stands his ground and fights hard and never looks panicked in the slightest, and he wins. He was finding hsi feet with Hatton, in total control though, had he even got down from the jab that caught him off balance against Hatton, I dont think he would have been bothered, you could tell he was biding and working him to get him down the stretch, which he did.

Someone's voice cracking from adrenaline and having tears in the boxing ring doesnt hold any weight in my view, they are getting jabbed in the face and nose, tears mean nothing. Judge by his actions, he stands his ground and fights hard and never looks panicked in the slightest, and he wins. He was finding hsi feet with Hatton, in total control though, had he even got down from the jab that caught him off balance against Hatton, I dont think he would have been bothered, you could tell he was biding and working him to get him down the stretch, which he did.

No. His voice cracked specifically when Roger said he was bleeding. It didnt crack before then. Then Roger had to calm him down. And when Castillo was getting all the cheers and PBF was being bood after his first bout, he damn near fell apart. Like I said, maybe he grew out of that... but he was definitely a brittle person at that point in his career. His skill protected him against Hatton. He had Hatton beatin in every department. He was not worried. The question is, how will he respond when he doesnt have the edge in every department? Will he come out like a beast, or will he crack like his younger self did?

If you think Floyd Mayweather is mentally weak, you're quite simply; a fucken idiot.

If you think Floyd Mayweather is mentally weak, you're quite simply; a fucken idiot.

Tell me Tam Tam.. when has he shown us otherwise...Is it his 30 punch per round average with a good 6 feet between himself and the opponent 90% of the time? Is that mental toughness?
The FACT is that you dont know what type of fortitude Floyd has. Nobody does. He's has shown signs of weakness in the past. That's what I'm going off of.

No. His voice cracked specifically when Roger said he was bleeding. It didnt crack before then. Then Roger had to calm him down. And when Castillo was getting all the cheers and PBF was being bood after his first bout, he damn near fell apart. Like I said, maybe he grew out of that... but he was definitely a brittle person at that point in his career. His skill protected him against Hatton. He had Hatton beatin in every department. He was not worried. The question is, how will he respond when he doesnt have the edge in every department? Will he come out like a beast, or will he crack like his younger self did?

Seriously, I think you are looking into his body language too much and not acknowledging what his fists are doing. Ive never seen him anywhere near fall apart, I dont know why you think the crowd bothered him against Castillo. The bout was over, he was prob emotional, I bloody choked after judo matches before but Id like to think it didnt mean my performance during the match made me look mentally frail.

Corrales was towering over him and has several physical advantages. Did he look mentally weak then? No, he pounded him into the ground and flattened him 6 times or something. Castillo weighed nearly 10 pounds more then him on fight night, didnt bother Mayweather who fought and won jsut the same. There is no signs of him cracking.

Tell me Tam Tam.. when has he shown us otherwise...Is it his 30 punch per round average with a good 6 feet between himself and the opponent 90% of the time? Is that mental toughness?
The FACT is that you dont know what type of fortitude Floyd has. Nobody does. He's has shown signs of weakness in the past. That's what I'm going off of.

When has he shown signs of "weakness"? By losing about ten rounds COMBINED in the past 5 years? Mayweather has shown the same kinds of mental weakness that guys like Roy Jones, Pernell Whitaker, Ray Leonard and WIllie Pep showed. The type where it's considered a weakness to dominate the hell out of your opponent by not getting hit. For shame.

Corrales had a power advantage. PBF understood that power is worthless unless it hits its mark. So it wasnt really and advantage.

Look, I know Floyd has what it takes to beat most people. I question how he will react if those people buck the odds and put get him in trouble.

I've seen a lot of fighters that worry about their image too much. These are the guys that shake their heads and ssure the crowd they are ok after they get rocked. Floyd is one of these types of people. He's not the Hagler-esque type that just becomes more resolved when rocked. Thats mental strength. PBF's voice didnt crack because he thought he was in trouble. It cracked because he was concerned about the way he looked. That ,imo, is the greatest mental weakness a fighter could possibly have.

"I'm ble(crack)eding"
who gives a shit? It's a fight. Keep fighting.

Focusing on that shit can distract a fighter.. hell that was a nose bleed, what will Mayweather do if ever one of his eyes swells shut? We just dont know. Will be interesting to find out.

When has he shown signs of "weakness"? By losing about ten rounds COMBINED in the past 5 years? Mayweather has shown the same kinds of mental weakness that guys like Roy Jones, Pernell Whitaker, Ray Leonard and WIllie Pep showed. The type where it's considered a weakness to dominate the hell out of your opponent by not getting hit. For shame.

I think we have a different definition of mental toughness...
Skill is what you speak of.. and yes, Mayweather is loaded with it.

He wasn't "in trouble" against Corley? How did he react there?

Floyd doesn't have to be a Hagler. He's fucking TWICE the fighter Marvin ever was. Jesus, you guys frustrate the fucknig hell out of me. You want all your best fighters to be LESS than they actually are. You want them to me mortal. You want them to be you.

Floyd doesn't have to be a Hagler. He's fucking TWICE the fighter Marvin ever was. Jesus, you guys frustrate the fucknig hell out of me.

Yep, that's pretty f'ed up alright...

...I won't respect you in the morning...

Floyd doesn't have to be a Hagler. He's fucking TWICE the fighter Marvin ever was. Jesus, you guys frustrate the fucknig hell out of me. You want all your best fighters to be LESS than they actually are. You want them to me mortal. You want them to be you.

Truth.

Hagler never got beatin by a sparring partner... Mayweather did. Nuff said.

Mayweather throwing 30 punches per round and playing the safe card anytime anybody gets near him in no way makes him better than Marvin Hagler who was one of boxing history's most diverse fighters. Hagle was a cutie boxer that could also go into seek and destroy mode. You lost points big time with that bs.

and I already mentioned that Mayweather responded well after Corley rocked him.. that said, if a b fighter like Corley is rocking him, how the hell can you even mention him in the same breath as Hagler?..lol

...blasted mayweather nuthuggers can never see the forest for the trees...

Wow, I keep thinking "twice the fighter Marvin ever was", what lip-service.

Yep...could strip the chrome off a trailer-hitch...

Back