Cotto>Mayweather

At the start of his career he was a big JWW. He's grown into the welter weight very nicely. Maybe I shouldnt have said "huge welter" but he carries the 147 pounds without a problem, and better than Zab in my opinion.

I love Cotto's agressive style with the high pressure he applies to fighters. It must really get under their skin. His body shots are always sharp and crisp, and obviously connect to really wear down a skilled fighter. I think Cotto will really struggle in getting Mayweather inked to a fight with him. I don't wanna say it, but it is quite possible IMO that Floyd could be ducking Cotto.

I'm not calling Floyd a ducker, but this fight should logically be a time coming, and I believe he is the only one who would leave it on ice.

I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen. Good fight here.

With that said, I like Cotto's thundering body shots to really hurt Floyd, but ultimately probably like FMJ to eek out a UD by 2 or 3 pts, or to finish him late after a tired Cotto gets too aggressive and leaves himself open.

FMJ>Cotto by 2 or 3 pts on a UD.

However, I could still see Cotto winning this fight by late TKO or decision with vicious body work.

Cotto IMO has better wins at welter and should be ranked #1 there. But if I was an oddsmaker I'd make Mayweather the favorite in a fight.

One thing is for sure, this fight NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

Cracky, do you still hold true to your statement that Mayweather was a naturally bigger guy than Ray Robinson? And that he would have to start knocking out middleweights and make a run at the light heavyweight title before he could even be considered a great fighter?

I never said that. I said, they started at the same weight, and Robinsons skill carried him further than Mayweathers without losing effectiveness.

Bobby.. Tommy fought at 147 for quite a while. If PBF fought in his time, they would have been pushed to fight each other.

To Cracky:

Floyd has mentally weak? The guy is alwayls calm during all his fights and he has alwayls had the situation under control. I've never see him in danger in his 39 bouts and he fought the best in the division he walked through.

Referring to JLC with "sparring partner" is a dumb thing. The guy is a monster at LW, he was two times world champ. The first fight was close but give Floyd the credit to give JLC an immediate rematch. Is this mental weakness?

You also spoke about Floyd's style. It's normal you can dislike his style but the way Floyd fights is damn effective. Cotto brings more excitement but this doesn't mean that he's better than Floyd. Floyd's pot-shots depends on his actual weight class and on hand problems imo, in fact when he was at SFW and even LW he was able to throw hard combinations.

I don't understand why people try to discredit our best champion. Of course you may not be a fan but you have to give him credit for what he has accomplished in the ring. Every time people speak about a possible opponent for Mayweather it's the same thing.

Like I said, if he shows me something, Ill be the first to eat crow. I'm basing that statement
off of him freaking out over a bloody nose when he was younger. I've already said that he may have grown out of that by now, but we've yet to see it. What's going to happen if he gets cut? We don't know.

That's one thing I do agree with Cracky on, IMO the ONLY way to beat Floyd is to make him question himself. Zab did that in the 2nd round of their fight I think. When Floyd went back to his corner looking as perturbed as I've ever seen outside of the hand break and Roger kept repeating "Don't worry about that, don't worry."

A lot of what Floyd does relies on him getting his opponent to do some of the work in kicking their own ass for him. Anyone should be able to see that by now, and he's BRILLIANT at it. He can get a multi-dimensional guy to fight him as if he's one-dimensional.

The best response to that kind of adversity I've seen from Floyd is in the first Castillo fight, when he chose to smile and give Castillo respect for hanging step-for-step with him. But that was before the Judah fight. Then he stayed very well-composed against Hatton later on, but if I had to get in the ring with him I'd do everything it took to get in his head.

this fight needs to happen compared to the rather boring rematch with Oscar

Mayweather still wins but this fight is his biggest challenge. hes looking for the biggest payday unfortunately.

I never said that. I said, they started at the same weight, and Robinsons skill carried him further than Mayweathers without losing effectiveness.

What relevance does starting at the same weight have? Are you implying that Robinson accomplished something noteworthy at 130-135 lbs?

What relevance does starting at the same weight have? Are you implying that Robinson accomplished something noteworthy at 130-135 lbs?

What relevence does accomplishing anything note worthy have? He weighed in at the jlight level and he fought so often that it must have been close to his natural weight or he would have killed himself. That's all I'm referring to. That said, were he offered a championship shot at 135, he would have been champion at 135. Were he offered a championship match at 147(his prime weight), he would have been champion at 147.

You can only accomplish what you are allowed to attempt to accomplish. So Robinson took his opportunities where they came. For instance he weighed 144 when he was offered an opportunity loaded fight with Lamotta who weighed in at 160.

All this talk of Cotto vs Mayweather this fight just needs to happen... this fight is going to answer a lot of questions about both fighters. I'm leaning towards Cotto with a late TKO like in the Judah fight or razor close decision.

2cp6wb4.jpg

I think Cotto will take this fight. Yes he is a pressure fighter but Hatton is no Cotto. Cotto has better head movement, a better jab, more power, IMO a better chin then Hatton. Look at the problems Hatton gave Mayweather I think Cotto will give him more problems then that.

Mayweather can't finish fights again look on page 7 of the video I posted... Cotto and Mayweather have similar opponents and Cotto and knocked out all of them. I'm tired of Mayweather nuthuggers saying he just plays it safe. No that's complete bullshit because every boxer wants to finish a fight with a K.O. not by decision. Ever since Mayweather hurt his hand he lost K.O. power.

Again yes he knocked out Hatton but Hatton gassed out and if you look at the replay he lost control and ran right into that punch. He had so much momentum when he ran into that punch that he hit the fucking turnbuckle from the speed that he was charging at Mayweather.

Miguel Cotto 31 Wins 0 Losses 25 K.O.S Mayweather 39 Wins 0 Losses 25 K.O.S

People are saying Cotto is not a big welterweight, have you seen his fucking training videos? He is constantly wearing a sauna suit to cut weight. Yes Mosley is bigger but Mosley is a natural at Junior Middleweight even though he's fought at Lightweight and Welterweight. Mosley is a very, very big Welterweight. So is Cotto, I think the size advantage will bother Mayweather a little bit but it won't be a major factor in the fight.

Mosley and Cotto training footage

http://youtube.com/watch?v=reKoevPYfBI

Cotto training for Judah

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8QfV6x3BsBw

Cotto working out for Paul Malignaggi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WA8ISp2hz1o

If he wasn't a huge Welterweight why is he constantly trying to cut weight? Just because he's not muscular doesn't mean he isn't big.

All in all, Cotto keeps it simple, wear the fighter down, wait until they make a mistake and boom K.O. He doesn't do the flashy moves Mayweather does, he's not as elusive as Mayweather, Mayweather may be faster but Cotto has great timing, head movement, power behind those punches and he doesn't waste his punches. Cotto will take damage to give damage, and to damage Cotto Mayweather is going to have to brawl with him and Mayweather is not going to do that. It will be similar to Hatton VS Mayweather as in Mayweather running away and Hatton cutting off the ring.

I think Cotto cuts off the ring 10X better then Hatton and he is going to trap Mayweather in corners and against the ropes. He might be eating 4 to 6 punches from Mayweather to land 2 hard clean shots. He is going to make Mayweather questions himself and Cotto will get into Mayweather's head throughout the fight. Mayweathers style leaves him open to many body shots that I think Cotto is going to exploit which will make Mayweather uncomfortable and change his style / momentum in the fight.

You of all people REALLY need to stop referring to anyone as a "nutthugger."

what do you mean by "you people?"

wendy and i feel that was a racist statement.

All in all, Cotto keeps it simple, wear the fighter down, wait until they make a mistake and boom K.O. He doesn't do the flashy moves Mayweather does, he's not as elusive as Mayweather, Mayweather may be faster but Cotto has great timing, head movement, power behind those punches and he doesn't waste his punches. Cotto will take damage to give damage, and to damage Cotto Mayweather is going to have to brawl with him and Mayweather is not going to do that. It will be similar to Hatton VS Mayweather as in Mayweather running away and Hatton cutting off the ring.

I think Cotto cuts off the ring 10X better then Hatton and he is going to trap Mayweather in corners and against the ropes. He might be eating 4 to 6 punches from Mayweather to land 2 hard clean shots. He is going to make Mayweather questions himself and Cotto will get into Mayweather's head throughout the fight. Mayweathers style leaves him open to many body shots that I think Cotto is going to exploit which will make Mayweather uncomfortable and change his style / momentum in the fight.

I like Cotto as much as everyone but you are underestimating Mayweather big time. And I think you should watch the Hatton vs Mayweather fight again.

What relevence does accomplishing anything note worthy have? He weighed in at the jlight level and he fought so often that it must have been close to his natural weight or he would have killed himself. That's all I'm referring to. That said, were he offered a championship shot at 135, he would have been champion at 135. Were he offered a championship match at 147(his prime weight), he would have been champion at 147.

You can only accomplish what you are allowed to attempt to accomplish. So Robinson took his opportunities where they came. For instance he weighed 144 when he was offered an opportunity loaded fight with Lamotta who weighed in at 160.

What relevance does accomplishing anything noteworthy have? This is an act, right?

Are you on another planet? Were discussing weight..not championships..It's absolutely irrelevent that SRR did not get an opportunity to fight for a title at the lower weights within the boundaries of our conversation. If you would like to discuss championships, I would be more than happy too, but let me know when that convo begins and this one ends.

I like Cotto as much as everyone but you are underestimating Mayweather big time. And I think you should watch the Hatton vs Mayweather fight again.

No I'm not I know Cotto is going to take a lot of shots from Mayweather to inflict damage on him... If Cotto doesn't hurt Mayweather, or keep putting him in a corner/ ropes and smothering him with short shots to the body and head I think Mayweather will pull out a decision. It will be a very good fight. I'm rooting for Cotto but I know Mayweather is going to give it all he's got... especially with all the hype behind this fight.

Every morning that Floyd wakes up, Miguel's chin is there - waiting to take it's toll.

Back