Cotto>Mayweather

Ironic that your location reads: "Boxing without Bull$#!t" and then you write, "...twice the fighter Hagler ever was."

I will if you will. You should pop Floyds bag back in your mouth so we dont have to hear you shit on boxing history.

Using space and punching sparingly is how he chooses to fight to maximise his chances of winning, which, if you hadnt noticed, work 100% for him as of now. There is nothing mentally weak about that whatsoever, do you think he would be better to go out all guns blazing and go for the KO1 on everyone? Would that make him less mentally fragile in your view?

Cotto mayweather may be last fight I buy with mayweather. I would also watch mayweather spinks or way up mayweather pavlik.

Using space and punching sparingly is how he chooses to fight to maximise his chances of winning, which, if you hadnt noticed, work 100% for him as of now. There is nothing mentally weak about that whatsoever, do you think he would be better to go out all guns blazing and go for the KO1 on everyone? Would that make him less mentally fragile in your view?

No your missing my point. That style works for him. I'm not critisizing it. But, it does nothing to prove his mental toughness as tam tam tried to suggest.

Hagler never got beatin by a sparring partner... Mayweather did. Nuff said.

this is a stupid argument to use considering mayweather has no losses on his record, hagler does

people just love to hate on mayweather. i can't believe you said he's not mentally tough with no proof. the dudes been cracked by judah, slowed the fight to his pace, then proceeded to wreck him. never did he get discouraged.

this is a stupid argument to use considering mayweather has no losses on his record, hagler does

people just love to hate on mayweather. i can't believe you said he's not mentally tough with no proof. the dudes been cracked by judah, slowed the fight to his pace, then proceeded to wreck him. never did he get discouraged.

In the view of public opinion, Mayweather got beatin by Castillo. Fightnews, espn, maxboxing all had polls where the public agreed that Castillo got robbed.
Now he did win the rematch and that was that... but the fact that Castillo even competed with Mayweather was an eye opener. Before the fight, Castillo was being critisized for "selling his title" because everybody thought Mayweather was on a different level. Castillo didnt think that and after the fight, he should have been awarded the W.

Now on the other hand, most people think Hagler got robbed against SRL.

thanks for the boxing lesson, now account for haglers other 2 losses? robberies as well?

as for the castillo fight, it was close and not a blowout by castillo, should we award jmm a moral victory over pac? i mean most press had jmm winning 114-113

1st fight was close between castillo, lots of people had him winning, but history doesn't, just like the jmm fight
2nd fight sealed the deal with a decisive mayweather victory, while hagler has not come back to beat the man that robbed him. does that show greatness? or mental weakness?

mayweather gave an immediate rematch to the man alot of people thought he robbed, and beat him decisively. is that mental weakness? to rematch a guy who most people thought u lost to and beat him decisively so there is no question as to who really won?

which shows more mental toughness? to not rematch a man who robbed you and quit boxing or allow a rematch against a man you "robbed" and beat him?

It's neither. A wise man knows not to beat a dead horse. If you get robbed once, theres a good chance you'll get robbed again. So he left what he believed was a corrupt sport.

His other two losses were within 2 months of each other. He was fighting once per month and not preparing for the competition like they do today with 2-3 months of training per fight. Losses happen when you do that. Not that were lucky to see Floyd two times per year.

As far as the Castillo vs. Mayweather fights- they were both close but decisive imo. Castillo deserved the first fight. Mayweather deserved the second. The fact that a fighter of Castillo's level even competed with Floyd in either fight suggests that floyd is more flash than substance.

you make excuses for hagler, and bias everything you say against floyd.

no, it is mental weakness not to try to decisively take a win after you been robbed. most fighters ask for a rematch, hagler did the opposite and quit boxing, his mental game was probably shattered due to losing that caliber a fight. physically he was still able

and you call mayweather mentally weak? he squeeks by on a tough fight, and gives his opponent an immediate rematch... yah really mentally weak on his part, give one of the best pressure fighters at that time, a matchup nightmare for you, an immediate rematch when you could've just moved on.

btw a lesson on boxing history for you
floyd is undefeated
hagler has 3 losses.

you make excuses for hagler, and bias everything you say against floyd.

no, it is mental weakness not to try to decisively take a win after you been robbed. most fighters ask for a rematch, hagler did the opposite and quit boxing, his mental game was probably shattered due to losing that caliber a fight. physically he was still able

and you call mayweather mentally weak? he squeeks by on a tough fight, and gives his opponent an immediate rematch... yah really mentally weak on his part, give one of the best pressure fighters at that time, a matchup nightmare for you, an immediate rematch when you could've just moved on.

So were Barry Sanders and Jim Brown "mentally weak" for leaving football in their primes, or were they mentally strong for choosing their own lives over a sport?
Marvin left because he was robbed. It was a disgusting robbery and it turned him off of the sport. Furthermore, SRL was famous for playing games with people. He was artistic in delaying fights for years and years.

your mo for argument is always the same, discredit who you can, praise everything hagler does. when that doesn't work, start comparing two different sports.

sure you make some concessions cause youdont want to seem irrational (such as mayweather has skill)

but mental weakness, no. hagler's shown more mental lapses than mayweather

quit boxing due to a close fight
mentally lapsed and lost 2 fights he should've have.

mayweather on the otherhand has always prepared properly, never lost, and gave a rematch to his toughest fight to prove that he was the best.

did hagler go out of his way to prove he was the best after his toughest loss? no, he quit. if you think thats mental strength, then so be it. SRL > marvin hagler in that respect.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WXTxlcD-17o

check that video. . .

every opponent that Mayweather has faced and gone the distance Cotto K.O.s them...

Cotto has more heart then Mayweather, Cotto doesn't fight just for his paycheck like MONEY May does, Mayweather does not have K.O. power and don't give me that shit about knocking out Hatton, Hatton isn't even a true Welterweight. Cotto has speed like he proved in his fight with Mosley not just speed but timing he doesn't waste his punches. He has one hell of a chin. He defeats Mosley who raped De La Hoya twice and Mayweather couldn't finish De La Hoya and a lot of people think De La Hoya won that fight. I think Cotto will shock the world.

This fight is only going to happen after Cotto beats Gomez, then he is going to face the winner of Cintron VS Margarito and capture the IBF WW belt, then fight Quintana again for the WBO WW belt so Cotto will have 3 titles then go after Mayweather...to make it a super fight in Yankee Stadium or at least this is what Top Rank wants to happen...

your mo for argument is always the same, discredit who you can, praise everything hagler does. when that doesn't work, start comparing two different sports.

sure you make some concessions cause youdont want to seem irrational (such as mayweather has skill)

but mental weakness, no. hagler's shown more mental lapses than mayweather

quit boxing due to a close fight
mentally lapsed and lost 2 fights he should've have.

mayweather on the otherhand has always prepared properly, never lost, and gave a rematch to his toughest fight to prove that he was the best.

did hagler go out of his way to prove he was the best after his toughest loss? no, he quit. if you think thats mental strength, then so be it. SRL > marvin hagler in that respect.

Because he already won the fight in the publics eyes..lol. Who cares what 3 paid off judges think when the public agrees that you were robbed? And, the point of pointing out Sanders and Brown is that it takes a lot more mental strength to walk away from a corrupt sport than to keep chugging along alowing people to profit off your name while you get screwed.

I call it like I see it. Anybody that has seen the Hearns vs. Hagler bout knows without a doubt that Hagler has more mental strength than PBF.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WXTxlcD-17o

check that video. . .

every opponent that Mayweather has faced and gone the distance Cotto K.O.s them...
Cotto has more heart then Mayweather, Cotto doesn't fight just for his paycheck like MONEY May does, Mayweather does not have K.O. power and don't give me that shit about knocking out Hatton, Hatton isn't even a true Welterweight. Cotto has speed like he proved in his fight with Mosley not just speed but timing he doesn't waste his punches. He has one hell of a chin. He defeats Mosley who raped De La Hoya twice and Mayweather couldn't finish De La Hoya and a lot of people think De La Hoya won that fight. I think Cotto will shock the world....

Most of that is basedon your opinions. I don't really get why KOing someone is considered better than outclassing them for 12 rounds.

Cotto has more heart? How so? Because his style is more exciting?

Mayweather does indeed have KO power, in fact, Cotto has never shown impessive power either. He just wears you down.

Cotto has more heart then Mayweather, Cotto doesn't fight just for his paycheck like MONEY May does, Mayweather does not have K.O. power and don't give me that shit about knocking out Hatton, Hatton isn't even a true Welterweight. Cotto has speed like he proved in his fight with Mosley not just speed but timing he doesn't waste his punches. He has one hell of a chin. He defeats Mosley who raped De La Hoya twice and Mayweather couldn't finish De La Hoya and a lot of people think De La Hoya won that fight. I think Cotto will shock the world.

Lol I like how you make it sound like KOing Hatton didn't meant much since "he's not a true welterweight." If you didn't notice, Floyd moved up to weltereight way down from featherweight.

Finishing fights doesn't mean you have more heart.

It took him several rounds to get comfortable in there with Hatton. The shot Hatton got him with landed while PBF was squared up. He understood that. Zab just got him.

All I'm saying is that the only two times I've seen Floyd really tested, his voice cracked and he fought back tears. Thats a sign of weakness...

Now that I think about it though, he did show some mental toughness when Corley jellied his legs. He came back blazing at the end of that round. So maybe he's getting stronger mentally. I'll hold judgement until we actually see him in a situation where he has to dig down.

ummm........when did Floyd voice crack and fight back tears?

your talking about a guy that used to break his hand every fight and continue fighting?
your talking about a guy that pushes himself to be the best?
your talking about a guy that training routine is like no other?

how can a guy that is doing all those things, and undefeated be mentally weak?

hes never had to dig down tough pain to win a fight?

your smoking some great stuff

He broke his hand once that we have proof of and he took a knee.. and danced away the remainder of the fight. That still takes some toughness though.. We'll give him that.
Everybody is pushing themselves in boxing.

Again, we'll see when Floyd actually gets in trouble vs. an opponent with a pulse. It will happen eventually and I'll be the first person to say he has mental toughness if he shows it.

Floyd's voice cracked in the Augustus fight. He freaked out over a nose bleed.

Back