Cotto>Mayweather

He broke his hand once that we have proof of and he took a knee.. and danced away the remainder of the fight. That still takes some toughness though.. We'll give him that.
Everybody is pushing themselves in boxing.

Again, we'll see when Floyd actually gets in trouble vs. an opponent with a pulse. It will happen eventually and I'll be the first person to say he has mental toughness if he shows it.

Floyd's voice cracked in the Augustus fight. He freaked out over a nose bleed.

Cotto danced around Mosley and his hand was fine. He also seem very affected by the cut in his mouth in both the Mosley and Judah fights.

He broke his hand once that we have proof of and he took a knee.. and danced away the remainder of the fight. That still takes some toughness though.. We'll give him that.
Everybody is pushing themselves in boxing.

Again, we'll see when Floyd actually gets in trouble vs. an opponent with a pulse. It will happen eventually and I'll be the first person to say he has mental toughness if he shows it.

Floyd's voice cracked in the Augustus fight. He freaked out over a nose bleed.

i know who the happiest person in the world will be when Floyd loses.

*face palm* Godamn, like um or not, Mayweathers the greatest boxer of our generation.

Agreed. I think Cotto will beat Mayweather and it will be his jab that makes the difference.

Agreed. I think Cotto will beat Mayweather and it will be his jab that makes the difference.

I can understand you saying that because Cotto's jab is awesome. I was late in noticing how good it was.

I just don't think Cotto will be able to find PBF with the jab.

I can understand you saying that because Cotto's jab is awesome. I was late in noticing how good it was.

I just don't think Cotto will be able to find PBF with the jab.

Yeah, you could be right. I just cant believe how much space Cotto takes up with the jab. he doesnt reach, he just explodes off that back foot and hits you even when you think youre out of range. And its powerful. His left hook is money, but the jab is underrated.

Floyd has the better jab. It was better than Oscar's also.

did hagler go out of his way to prove he was the best after his toughest loss? no, he quit. if you think thats mental strength, then so be it. SRL > marvin hagler in that respect.

That's pretty harsh on Hagler. It probably took mental strength to quit the game. And Hagler appears sincere in his belief that he beat Leonard.

Also, there were some negotiations. For whatever reasons, the fight didn't happen. Leonard didn't exactly dangle a remtach over Hagler's head.

Not only that but you don't get to bash a guy like Hagler for walking away as often as he'd been fucked over in the game.

I do disagree, however, that Floyd has a better jab than Cotto, for reasons of practicality. He doesn't get it out as much as he used to, and relies more on his right-hand to keep bigger guys at-bay. Cotto busted Judah, Abdullaev, Malignaggi, and others up with the pure force and ability to close distance with his jab.

Hagler never got beatin by a sparring partner... Mayweather did. Nuff said.

If you're mentioning Paulie Spadafora, you're a retard. That's a stone cold fact.

FWIW, I'll take Floyd's career over Hagler's any day of the week.

If you're mentioning Paulie Spadafora, you're a retard. That's a stone cold fact.

No. I'm not reffering to spaddy. I'm referring to Julio Cesar Chavez's lead sparring partner --- Jose Luis Castillo.

If you take Floyd's career over Haglers, then I'm sorry to say(since your ussually pretty level headed) that you are the retard. Hagler's got a list of hall of famers on his record. PBF has 1 hall of famer... maybe 2 if Genaro gets in.

I was talking more in terms of finances and notoriety, but let PBF finish his career before you're so quick to judge.

Diego, JLC, Genaro, Oscar are easily HOF'ers. Gatti might get the sentimental nod, Hatton has a chance and that's before he even fights Cotto. Your facts are quite skewed.

I was talking more in terms of finances and notoriety, but let PBF finish his career before you're so quick to judge.

Diego, JLC, Genaro, Oscar are easily HOF'ers. Gatti might get the sentimental nod, Hatton has a chance and that's before he even fights Cotto. Your facts are quite skewed.

JLC and Diego would be lucky to go to the hall.. if they are in, so is Gatti

and my facts arent skewed.. you didnt explain your reason for saying what you said so I assumed you thought PBF had a better record at this point in his career.

No. Arturo Gatti never legitimately unified any division, nor beat a World Class opponent. Something Corrales and Castillo both did.

JLC and Diego would be lucky to go to the hall.. if they are in, so is Gatti

and my facts arent skewed.. you didnt explain your reason for saying what you said so I assumed you thought PBF had a better record at this point in his career.

JLC and Diego would be lucky? Mmmmm hmmmm... I guess I see what kinda poster I'm talking to here. They're both stone cold locks.

I also never said he had a better record, which he does technically because his ends in a 0, I said I'd take his career. Which I would.

Ill break it down after the fight.

Both JLC and Diego get a lot of credit for the same reasons that you guys critisize Gatti. They were willing to fight. If these guys are locks, then I have a whole crap load of similar fighters to list that should also be locks based on level of comp.

They get credit for basically cleaning out the LW division once Floyd moved up. Gatti never did anything even close to that. Nearly every Title he had was a paper belt. Both JLC and Corrales fought, and Castillo arguably beat, every LW Champ of the day.

Back