Cotto>Mayweather

You're going to be shocked out of your pants, when you see the toll that Miguel Cotto's chin takes on Floyd Mayweather.

Lol. First thing I imagined when I read it was Cotto trying to dig his chin into Floyd's eye socket.

TS you've changed your prediction within a few posts to a Mayweather UD lol, what's that about?

I think Mayweather would outbox him and score the UD, a fight I really want to see. I don't see Cotto being able to land a great deal though.

If Zab can land on Cotto and hurt him so can Floyd. It will be a close fight, maybe even with Cotto ahead on the cards through 5, possibly 6, but after that Floyd will start pulling away and i think at best Cotto loses a decision, at worst gets TKO'd in the late rounds. Floyd's too much for him, or anyone else for that matter

Anderson silva's chin will take its toll on RJJ!

spliff diaz for the win!
NEVER BACK DOWN
!

If I had to put my life on it and they fought right now (Well obviously like had 3 months to prepare but at this stage in their career)

I'd have to go with Mayweather until he proves he can be beaten. He''s more tested than Cotto and would just win with his handspeed imo.

If I had to put my life on it and they fought right now (Well obviously like had 3 months to prepare but at this stage in their career)

I'd have to go with Mayweather until he proves he can be beaten. He''s more tested than Cotto and would just win with his handspeed imo.

Cotto is also undefeated.

Anderson silva's chin will take its toll on RJJ!

spliff diaz for the win!
NEVER BACK DOWN
!

You underestimate the abs of Roy Jones Jr. If those don't take their toll on Andersons elbows, I'll be shocked.

This thread is taking as much a toll as the Pacman's win took on JMM fans.

Mayweather by handspeed and experience. Cotto's aggressive style breaks most of the fighters he takes on but he does tend to gas in the later rounds. Mayweather can counter that aggressive style and pick him apart for the whole fight.

^^^

Yeah, with every Mayweather opponent, its the same thing. "Oh hes aggressive and will come forward and win like Castillo did."

Hatton- fail.

Baldo- fail

Oscar- fail

^^^

Yeah, with every Mayweather opponent, its the same thing. "Oh hes aggressive and will come forward and win like Castillo did."

Hatton- fail.

Baldo- fail

Oscar- fail

Somebody actually sad Baldo would beat Mayweather?..lol

Actually, the only way I thought DLH would beat PBF is if he used his jab 30 times per round like he said he would. He's really lanky and gets wild on the inside. I didnt ever think he had a chance there. DLh needs distance imo.

Somebody actually sad Baldo would beat Mayweather?..lol

Actually, the only way I thought DLH would beat PBF is if he used his jab 30 times per round like he said he would. He's really lanky and gets wild on the inside. I didnt ever think he had a chance there. DLh needs distance imo.

DLH was controlling that fight when he jabbed the chin and chest of Mayweather, absolutely in total command. His problem was that when he started getting countered over the top with rights, he wasnt willing to take em at all to keep landing his own, so he abandoned it and lost a lot of rounds as a result. Had he been willing to take the shots and been tough about it, that fight was well within his grasp.

Double and triple jabs make countering the jab next to impossible. The first one elicits a slip or move in prep for counter, and then the second hits the target while off center. It's lone jabs that get exploited by good counter punchers. When dlh double jabbed, he did great against PBF and opened up the right hand and hook to follow.
Unfortunately, he didnt keep it up and Floyd did what he does.

I'm still confused by the chin taking its toll...

I believe Tam-Tam meant it's gonna be collecting punches, but that is just a guess.

Meh. Zab Judah hurt Cotto with every punch he connected with.

Floyd has power, Cotto has been hurt. Cottos aggressive style leads to sloppy mistakes against Mayweather IMO..

First, Floyd doesn't hit as hard as Zab so any theory that travels down that road is bullshit at best. Second, Zab may have hurt Cotto with a few shots but Zab also rocked Floyd, and as I remember it, had him touching the canvas at one point. Chalk it up to Zab's power, not Miguel or Floyd's chins. Third, Miguel is a far more skilled and technical fighter than he gets credit for. Sloppy mistakes? Isn't that the stereotype that every pressure fighter gets labeled with? I don't see how anyone can watch the Mosley fight and still continue to call Cotto a sloppy fighter.

I seriously think Miguel Cotto is the next guy to beat Floyd Mayweather, if Floyd ever decides to fight him. It'll be a very interesting fight because both of these guys are generally slow starters, and give up the first few rounds.

I see Mayweather winning early, and then Cotto's chin and body shots just taking their toll on Mayweather. I see Floyd getting discouraged when he hits Cotto, and Cotto just keeps pushing forward. I also see Cotto's devastating body shots taking the strength and stamina out of Floy.

Cotto by decision or late round stoppage.

Discuss

Mayweather by UD. Why would Floyd get discouraged when he hits Cotto and Cotto keeps coming forward? He's been to decision many times before, he's not going to get flustered if he can't KO someone right away. And Cotto would have to connect with those body shots if he wanted to slow down Floyd. I don't see that happening.

I like Cotto. But in my mind, PBF is just a superior boxer. Miguel definitely has more power in his punches, but so did Hatton.

Back