Cotto>Mayweather

Spliff

Your favorite posters' favorite poster
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I seriously think Miguel Cotto is the next guy to beat Floyd Mayweather, if Floyd ever decides to fight him. It'll be a very interesting fight because both of these guys are generally slow starters, and give up the first few rounds.

I see Mayweather winning early, and then Cotto's chin and body shots just taking their toll on Mayweather. I see Floyd getting discouraged when he hits Cotto, and Cotto just keeps pushing forward. I also see Cotto's devastating body shots taking the strength and stamina out of Floy.

Cotto by decision or late round stoppage.

Discuss

lol...wow the boxing forums are dead. This will be my first and last post here. I'll take my boxing discussion somewhere a little more reputable. Any suggestions?

lol...wow the boxing forums are dead. This will be my first and last post here. I'll take my boxing discussion somewhere a little more reputable. Any suggestions?

You didn't even wait 12 minutes for a response.

I don't see how cotto is in any way superior to mayweather.

Hes got a great pressuring style but I have to question his heart a bit after the last 3rd of the Mosley fight. He ran around in a fight he was winning slightly and almost gave it away, I scored the fight a draw.

IMO, Cotto brings nothing t the table that Floyd hasn't seen from Baldomir, Castillo and Hatton.

Cotto surprises me almost everytime out. I had written him off after seeing him get knocked silly by Corley.. I figured it was a matter of time until he gets ko'd after that.. He proved me wrong though. I think Floyd will beat him by 3-4 points ud..but I wouldnt be surprised if he proves me wrong again

Cotto surprises me almost everytime out. I had written him off after seeing him get knocked silly by Corley.. I figured it was a matter of time until he gets ko'd after that.

you and me both.

Cotto's chin will take a toll on Mayweather.

I think it'd be similar to the Hatton fight. Cotto would force Mayweather to fight for sure, but that'd just result in him getting picked apart by Floyds sharp counters in the pocket.

Cotto's stamina isn't too great in the latter rounds either, he slows down substancially. the reason he wore Judah down late was because zabs cardio is even worse. In the late rounds against Mosley, the 2nd half of the fight with N'dou (which was a close fight btw) even in the latter stages of the fight with urkal Miguel was visibly tired, slower and substancially more vulnerable.

Floyd takes him out in the 11th round after going through a rough grinder of a fight early on.

Next guy? who was the first guy? maybe you should find another forum.

Castillo clearly beat him the first time, but got robbed. The 2nd fight was close too.

But to be fair, Floyds hands were pretty bad at that point, so he couldn't really keep Jose off of him.

Next guy? who was the first guy? maybe you should find another forum.

He might be referencing Castillo vs. Mayweather 1. If Cotto did beat Mayweather, I would think that he would have to fight in the same fashion that Castillo did.

He might be referencing Castillo vs. Mayweather 1. If Cotto did beat Mayweather, I would think that he would have to fight in the same fashion that Castillo did.

i didn't like his second post. :icon_chee so im getting technical on him.:icon_chee

Cotto's chin will take a toll on Mayweather.

Meh. Zab Judah hurt Cotto with every punch he connected with.

Floyd has power, Cotto has been hurt. Cottos aggressive style leads to sloppy mistakes against Mayweather IMO..

No, no. Cotto's chin will take a toll on Mayweather.

Castillo clearly beat him the first time, but got robbed. The 2nd fight was close too.

Having watched that fight again, I don't like the term "robbed."

2nd fight was a clear Floyd win,MO.

No, no. Cotto's chin will take a toll on Mayweather.

Umm.....:icon_conf

You mean like "unintentional" headbutts?

I thought you meant Floyd would be frustrated by an inability to hurt Cotto or something.

I'm talking about Cotto's chin and how it will take its toll on Mayweather.

I seriously think Miguel Cotto is the next guy to beat Floyd Mayweather, if Floyd ever decides to fight him. It'll be a very interesting fight because both of these guys are generally slow starters, and give up the first few rounds.

I see Mayweather winning early, and then Cotto's chin and body shots just taking their toll on Mayweather. I see Floyd getting discouraged when he hits Cotto, and Cotto just keeps pushing forward. I also see Cotto's devastating body shots taking the strength and stamina out of Floy.

Cotto by decision or late round stoppage.

Discuss

Cotto's chin is gonna take a toll on Mayweather? If anything, it'll be the other way around. Not saying, Cotto has a glassjaw, but Floyd's beat fighters with better chins (Baldomir). Cotto ain't no walk in the park for anybody but he will be the underdog. Floyd getting discouraged because Cotto's gonna keep going foward? Well thats what people said about Carlos and Ricky.

You're going to be shocked out of your pants, when you see the toll that Miguel Cotto's chin takes on Floyd Mayweather.

Back