Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Coronavirus not very megathread.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by fingercuffs, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Strychnine Titanium Belt

Unvaccinated Man Hospitalized by COVID for Half a Year Says 'Get the Shot'

"McWilliams managed to overcome the worst of the infection but complications from the disease meant he ended up staying a total of 158 days in hospital.

On Thursday, he was finally released from the medical center. More than 100 staff members cheered him on as he a nurse pushed him out on his wheelchair. When McWilliams reached the front door of the hospital, he shook his fists in the air in celebration.

He also had a message for those who have yet to be vaccinated: "Get the shot. Don't wait. Because you don't want to go through this."

Unvaccinated Man Hospitalized by COVID for Half a Year Says 'Get the Shot' (msn.com)

2. kenetics Gold Belt

So we should trust in the "flu bros"

3. SBJJ Steel Belt

No, you use simple math

If 90% of the population of a state is vaxxed, but the hospitals are overflowing with Covid patients. What does that tell you?

Bald1, Krayd, icffedor and 1 other person like this.
  4. Queen B Gold Belt

Omicron contributed to a +3759% increase in cases in Zimbabwe in just 1 week.

I expect all of them to be "mild" since they are younger people

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  5. TUFNewb Red Belt

Are you implying 10% of millions could not be responsible for, let's say, 75% of covid hospitalizations? Mathematically they certainly could.

6. SBJJ Steel Belt

Are you under the assumption we are talking about the entire US? We are not, we are talking about a state with a total population of 3.5million.

10% is 350k. Take away small children and it's likely more like 320k. And this virus doesn't send most that get it into the hospital.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    Krayd likes this.
  7. TUFNewb Red Belt

You said "state" so no. Even small states have millions living in them. Which state are you talking about has such a small population that 10% could not produce the relatively low figure required to swamp hospitals?

8. SBJJ Steel Belt

https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...-covid-19-hospitalization-rates-august-2.html

Connecticut. And here are their numbers. Which does not make any sense at all. Think about it, does it make sense a states hospitals would get overrun at 10% unvaxxed, while a state like Florida with nearly 50% unvaxxed wouldn't.

There really should not be a run on the hospitals in that state.

9. kenetics Gold Belt

90 percent of people are fully vaccinated?

10. SBJJ Steel Belt

I believe over 90% have 1 shot. Something like 80% fully.

And think about it, 5% of the unvaxxed are likely children. So we are to believe that hospitals are being overrun by covid patients because Something like 5 to 10% of adults are not vaxxed.

I mean, can't we just all admit this makes absolutely no sense

Sir Punchalot likes this.
  11. Queen B Gold Belt

It tells us that they need to get vaccinated?
    If the 10% unvaxxed are the overwhelming majority of the hospitalizations as the article said.

Strychnine likes this.
  12. TUFNewb Red Belt

Florida has has had multiple super steep spikes on their covid graphs compared to Connecticut and their gentle waves, as recently as September they had a nasty one. So right now, they have a level of immunity Connecticut does not. There is also other factors at play okay like the weather, waning vaccine immunity that will be boosted, etc. If you think any situation is forever static you haven't been paying attention the last two years. I even see cases in Florida are beginning to crop up again.

We've been through this so many times. A blue state will be currently doing well so lefties celebrate, then the blue state gets worse and the red state gets better and righties celebrate. Everyone acting like it's a team sport but really they are just at different points in their respective waves, that will probably just keep coming for a while. I don't have data for Florida on hand but can pretty much guarantee their unvaxxed as a pct of hospitalizations would be similar to basically everywhere else in the world.

13. fedoriswar37 Red Belt

Everytime I hear these numbers i have to double take. Not cause I don't believe them , but they just don't line up with reality. I'm not vaxxed , know plenty of people who are unvaxxed. I'd be incredibly hard pressed to find 1 of them who's been hospitalized, let alone 1 who's had a negative outcome with covid outside of typical flu like symptoms. It's strange.

Krayd, Nimrod, icffedor and 2 others like this.
  14. kenetics Gold Belt

My GF works as a nurse in the covid ward. She told me numbers are going up. I just don't know if there 1 shot, 2 shot vaccinated.

From what she told me is that the ones who weren't vaccinated were her main patients and very few vaccinated.

Strychnine likes this.
  15. Queen B Gold Belt

Not true. All states had a wave in 2020, when there wasnt much known about the virus.

Now its nearing end of 2021.

For all of 2021 through today, check top 10 states (and even counties) that had the highest hospitalizations and deaths per capita. They were nearly consistently red every week, except for swing states like Michigan and PA.

16. TUFNewb Red Belt

No I know that, they (government and citizens) in those states have put less emphasis on preventing severe illness and that is pretty clear in the data. All I mean is every community eventually gets a wave, so don't get too cocky. To say it doesn't make sense because X doesn't have a lot of cases at this very second while Y does, is not very logical. Hospitilaztions will surge in some places, and then go down. And then surge again. Is normal. The severity of the surges correlate to measures taken or not taken by the community though, that we agree on.

17. SBJJ Steel Belt

Or common sense tells us the article is incorrect.

You know, like countless other articles before it.

Krayd likes this.
  18. SBJJ Steel Belt

You guys live in Connecticut?

I also know a few nurses in CA, and they tell me most of what we read is complete bullshit.

19. SBJJ Steel Belt

I've said that all along, and that take you just produced is in line with exactly my point....

No matter a states vax rate, they will still have big waves. Connecticut is 90% vaxxed and they are on red alert in their hospitals...whatever that means.

20. Queen B Gold Belt

How would common sense say its incorrect?

Majority of the hospitalizations is part of the 10% that is not vaccinated.

It could very well be regionalized.