Coronavirus not very megathread.

Someone on this site was so sure that Omicron was caused and mutated triple boosted vaccinated person so he can blame the vaccines. Which is it?
You find it difficult to understand that two different people who have nothing to do with each other may have different ideas about something? Is that what you are trying to say?

I guess vaccines work

72 years old and didnt need a cocktrail of drugs and steroids and oxygen at Walter Reed like Bunker Boy

You're pretty amazing to be able discern what medications she's on by that tweet....

Oh... nope You're just crazy

"The vaccine is safe and effective" truly has become religious dogma over there, hasn't it. It's cult-like repetition of language. And clearly wasn't effective for this pillock, was it, because even 3 jabs of it did fuck all to stop his life from being placed on hold for 2 weeks.

"The vaccine is safe and effective..........Our Father, Who art in heaven....."

"I am thankful to be fully vaccinated and boosted against a virus, and still catch said virus and have to quarantine and live my life in fear that it may get worse the next 4-5 days plus."

How did we get here? How did we end up calling this a vaccine. Vaccines use to provide immunity, baked into it's definition. We were fine with the word VACCINE before. Now people push so hard for you to get 2 shots of this "vaccine", AND get a booster for this "vaccine", all so you still have a chance to get the virus, go through the protocols of having the virus, just so you will have a more mild case.

If this is the case, if this is the world in which we are living in, why the fuck cant we just do what the obvious was in the beginning? Get the elderly and at risk their shots and move on with our lives? If everyone can get this and spread this, why in the flying fuck are they pushing for these shots so damn hard in EVERYONE'S arms? This is absolutely absurd, and people who support all this garbage are an absolute joke.

Apologies to all of you who keep hoping for worse news.

Yeah, Im sure there will be an increase as there would have been anyway given it's fucking winter and flu season - but I don't see it being major at all. London Mayor has declared a major incident based on cases, yet their emergency are no busier at present than they usually would be - the variant is mild as fuck and the vast majority who are catching it don't know they have it.

I've had 3 work colleagues test posiitive since Friday - all are WFH, none of them know they have it, all feel completely fine (all 3 are at least double jabbed, 1 x person boostered as well).

Apologies to all of you who keep hoping for worse news.

Wouldn’t put much weight in these comparisons. Unless covariates are controlled for, broad population comparisons can be misleading. People jumped the gun with Delta and suggested it was less severe than previous variants using the same type of uncontrolled comparison. Turns out it was more virulent. For now, the verdict is still out on Omicron’s severity.

The amount of fear being pushed about the Omicron variant is nauseating, despite all of the scientific evidence to the contrary. Its astonishing how quickly the "Listen to the science" people are selectively ignoring the reality that Omicron is clearly less pathogenic.

The amount of fear being pushed about the Omicron variant is nauseating, despite all of the scientific evidence to the contrary. Its astonishing how quickly the "Listen to the science" people are selectively ignoring the reality that Omicron is clearly less pathogenic.

Within about 24-48hrs of Delta, Alpha, Beta etc being officially announced to the public, we were told exactly how dangerous and transmissible they were.

It's been 3-4 weeks since we first learned of Omicron, and yet we've still had no concrete 'news' about how dangerous it. We're seeing lots of very positive graphs from certain countries, but they're really delaying coming out and officially saying what we're looking at here.

That tells you everything you need to know. If this was terrible news, we'd have heard about it from around Day 2 onwards. The fact they are still 'consulting the data' is great news because nothing needed to be consulted with Alpha or Delta.

"I am thankful to be fully vaccinated and boosted against a virus, and still catch said virus and have to quarantine and live my life in fear that it may get worse the next 4-5 days plus."

How did we get here? How did we end up calling this a vaccine. Vaccines use to provide immunity, baked into it's definition. We were fine with the word VACCINE before. Now people push so hard for you to get 2 shots of this "vaccine", AND get a booster for this "vaccine", all so you still have a chance to get the virus, go through the protocols of having the virus, just so you will have a more mild case.

If this is the case, if this is the world in which we are living in, why the fuck cant we just do what the obvious was in the beginning? Get the elderly and at risk their shots and move on with our lives? If everyone can get this and spread this, why in the flying fuck are they pushing for these shots so damn hard in EVERYONE'S arms? This is absolutely absurd, and people who support all this garbage are an absolute joke.

so a vacine has to be 100% effective to be a vaccine? Not sure if any vaccines meet that bar.

TB, Smallpox vaxs comes to mind. For TB vax you only need one dose and might not needed it for a long while.

my 1st google search resulted in a link showing TB vaccine was/is not 100% effective.

Shingles vaccine too not 100% effective.

So .... happy googling if you want to learn more.

Back