Coronavirus not very megathread.

Omicron is a twindemic. This was our biggest fear. Its a new pandemic ALONG with Delta pandemic

my 1st google search resulted in a link showing TB vaccine was/is not 100% effective.

Shingles vaccine too not 100% effective.

So .... happy googling if you want to learn more.
TB in Eastern Europe had stopped because of the vaxs and unlike the mRNA ones you only need one dose.

UK Omicron hospitalizations go up 20% every single day

This appears to be the lagging indicator since Omicron was only growing for 3 weeks. Hospitalizations are 2-3 week delay

Within about 24-48hrs of Delta, Alpha, Beta etc being officially announced to the public, we were told exactly how dangerous and transmissible they were.

It's been 3-4 weeks since we first learned of Omicron, and yet we've still had no concrete 'news' about how dangerous it. We're seeing lots of very positive graphs from certain countries, but they're really delaying coming out and officially saying what we're looking at here.

That tells you everything you need to know. If this was terrible news, we'd have heard about it from around Day 2 onwards. The fact they are still 'consulting the data' is great news because nothing needed to be consulted with Alpha or Delta.

Absolute bullshit. We didn’t have good data on the virulence of other variants until many weeks had passed. The idiots jumping the gun were the ones downplaying the severity of these variants without anything to substantiate their claim. Delta was compared to the common cold by the same people comparing omicron to the common cold. The responsible thing to do is to wait for good data before rushing to a conclusion.

Be scared of Omicron, you chumps...

FHFcca-HXo-Agc-Rf-H.jpg

Omicron is a twindemic. This was our biggest fear. Its a new pandemic ALONG with Delta pandemic

Omicron has completely displaced Delta in South Africa. They are 3-4 weeks ahead of the UK. UK is heading in that direction already. Stop fear mongering.

Omicron has completely displaced Delta in South Africa. They are 3-4 weeks ahead of the UK. UK is heading in that direction already. Stop fear mongering.
You know why the fear mongering? its "Health Passes, mandates"

First OMICRON death in America

an unvaccinated Texas man

We dont know if it competes. A common cold doesnt displace the seasonal flu. They circulate at the same time.

I have a tough time accepting that's real.
Sadly, it is, but I see it as a necessary dose of reality. The latest reports say non-mRNA vaccines are virtually useless vs omicron aside from a lessening of the chance of severe illness and a lot of people received Astra Zeneca and J&J.

We dont know if it competes. A common cold doesnt displace the seasonal flu. They circulate at the same time.
So how do you explain a complete replacement in South Africa? Where did Alpha and Beta go?

Be honest, you want this to be worse case scenario and don't want the pandemic to end. It's become part of your identity.

So how do you explain a complete replacement in South Africa? Where did Alpha and Beta go?

Be honest, you want this to be worse case scenario and don't want the pandemic to end. It's become part of your identity.
Delta displaced Alpha, Beta, Mu, Epsilon, Lambda, etc. Delta is still in South Africa

Omicron has 35 mutations which almost a different identity which is why it didnt compete with Delta. We dont know if its a 1-way competition

It could be that Delta is still the pandemic and Omicron is just a wave of cold that passes by

Sadly, it is, but I see it as a necessary dose of reality. The latest reports say non-mRNA vaccines are virtually useless vs omicron aside from a lessening of the chance of severe illness and a lot of people received Astra Zeneca and J&J.
Except the reality is, omicron isn't going to result in a winter of severe illness and death for the unvaxxed, their families (are they vaxxed or not?) and the hospitals they may soon overwhelm.

It's extreme hyperbole that only room temperature IQs will find fear in reading. It's fitting that such a statement was made by the fucking white house under the Biden administration.

Except the reality is, omicron isn't going to result in a winter of severe illness and death for the unvaxxed, their families (are they vaxxed or not?) and the hospitals they may soon overwhelm.

It's extreme hyperbole that only room temperature IQs will find fear in reading. It's fitting that such a statement was made by the fucking white house under the Biden administration.
Right....
"...the first thing that Trump needs to do is begin talking about it constantly,” Stone said. “He needs to say for example, today would be a perfect example: ‘I am leading in Florida. The polls all show it. If I lose Florida, we will know that there’s voter fraud. If there’s voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate, the election of the winner will be illegitimate, we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience, and the government will no longer be the government.’”

“If you can’t have an honest election, nothing else counts,” he continued. “I think he’s gotta put them on notice that their inauguration will be a rhetorical, and when I mean civil disobedience, not violence, but it will be a bloodbath. The government will be shut down if they attempt to steal this and swear Hillary in. No, we will not stand for it. We will not stand for it.”"

How's that for extreme hyperbole?

If a smaller percentage of people get seriously ill but a far greater number of people get sick what do you think will be the result?

Back