Coronavirus not very megathread.

Right....
"...the first thing that Trump needs to do is begin talking about it constantly,” Stone said. “He needs to say for example, today would be a perfect example: ‘I am leading in Florida. The polls all show it. If I lose Florida, we will know that there’s voter fraud. If there’s voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate, the election of the winner will be illegitimate, we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience, and the government will no longer be the government.’”

“If you can’t have an honest election, nothing else counts,” he continued. “I think he’s gotta put them on notice that their inauguration will be a rhetorical, and when I mean civil disobedience, not violence, but it will be a bloodbath. The government will be shut down if they attempt to steal this and swear Hillary in. No, we will not stand for it. We will not stand for it.”"

How's that for extreme hyperbole?

If a smaller percentage of people get seriously ill but a far greater number of people get sick what do you think will be the result?
"Trump said this thing, so it makes the adjectives you used to describe this totally unrelated thing someone else said the wrong adjectives to use."

Omicron is mild, see you in the spring after trillions of people die from it. Possibly quadrillions.

Right....
"...the first thing that Trump needs to do is begin talking about it constantly,” Stone said. “He needs to say for example, today would be a perfect example: ‘I am leading in Florida. The polls all show it. If I lose Florida, we will know that there’s voter fraud. If there’s voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate, the election of the winner will be illegitimate, we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience, and the government will no longer be the government.’”

“If you can’t have an honest election, nothing else counts,” he continued. “I think he’s gotta put them on notice that their inauguration will be a rhetorical, and when I mean civil disobedience, not violence, but it will be a bloodbath. The government will be shut down if they attempt to steal this and swear Hillary in. No, we will not stand for it. We will not stand for it.”"

How's that for extreme hyperbole?

If a smaller percentage of people get seriously ill but a far greater number of people get sick what do you think will be the result?
Listen to this idiot

Derp only 1.7%. Whats 1.7% of 100% of the population?

Listen to this idiot

Derp only 1.7%. Whats 1.7% of 100% of the population?

Now, post the expected number of cases due to omicron vs. delta. And then you will make my point for me.

Now, post the expected number of cases due to omicron vs. delta. And then you will make my point for me.

FGqdPh9WUAATCCB

So 2 things

#1) "Natural Immunity" doesnt do shit for Omicron. This guy was unvaccinated and died from re-infection

#2) This guy survived Covid before, but Omicron took him out. So calling Omicron "mild" is a myth

So 2 things

#1) "Natural Immunity" doesnt do shit for Omicron. This guy was unvaccinated and died from re-infection

#2) This guy survived Covid before, but Omicron took him out. So calling Omicron "mild" is a myth

50-60 years old, underlying health conditions, already survived covid once.

That's your proof that omicron isn't mild?

50-60 years old, underlying health conditions, already survived covid once.

That's your proof that omicron isn't mild?

The way that reads and the way they are tweeting about it is fishy. I wouldn't doubt he died of his underlying conditions but just happened to have the variant.

First OMICRON death in America

an unvaccinated Texas man

Also previously infected apparently as you have pointed out.

I've mentioned this before but I believe recurring covid infections will deal incremental damage, especially as we age. There is no long term immunity with a virus that displays this sort of antigenic drift. T cells slough away as we age. Possibly OAS and ADE become relevant topics as well... Boiling frogs.

Then: "It's a Democrat hoax!"

Now: "I got the booster"

Them : "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

This is what happens when you politicize a healthcare issue.

Business news is buying reports Omicron is replacing Delta. 73% of US cases are Omicron. Stock market is reacting to it.

If Omicron is worse, it will be following the 1918 schedule. 1918 flu was worse the second year it was out. Same thing here.

Business news is buying reports Omicron is replacing Delta. 73% of US cases are Omicron. Stock market is reacting to it.

If Omicron is worse, it will be following the 1918 schedule. 1918 flu was worse the second year it was out. Same thing here.
You're a year behind it seems. Nevermind Omicron seems milder than Delta.

The amount of fear being pushed about the Omicron variant is nauseating, despite all of the scientific evidence to the contrary. Its astonishing how quickly the "Listen to the science" people are selectively ignoring the reality that Omicron is clearly less pathogenic.
On the plus side, even though the media is beating to death, just about no one gives a shit anymore. People for the most part have done all they can, including get vaccinated. I mean, what are you gonna do at this point.

On the plus side, even though the media is beating to death, just about no one gives a shit anymore. People for the most part have done all they can, including get vaccinated. I mean, what are you gonna do at this point.

Get the booster shot since all the millionaires and billionaires are getting it, and I already paid with tax dollars.

Then: "It's a Democrat hoax!"

Now: "I got the booster"

Them : "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

This is what happens when you politicize a healthcare issue.

It's dumb to politicize it I agree. And if you form your own personal opinions about it someone will twist into a political narrative anyway.

Get the booster shot since all the millionaires and billionaires are getting it, and I already paid with tax dollars.
Keep getting boosters and keep chasing variants. When does it end? I got one shot, don't need any more.

Keep getting boosters and keep chasing variants. When does it end? I got one shot, don't need any more.

I got my booster in Kroger during a shopping trip I was already making. It was 15 minutes. If over the next 5 years and ten boosters I am sick for 3 hours less it is a wash.

Back