1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Coronavirus not very megathread.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by fingercuffs, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Bald1 War Room Can

If the road is closed off, sure, why not.

Living life doesn't mean living without thinking. Not for me anyways. That's more your territory as you seem to believe a one size fits all approach to life is the best one.

BIKES!, Sir Punchalot and SBJJ like this.
  2. Andy Capp WAR DGM 1965-2021

So, clear the way so you have nothing to be concerned about and then you're all for it. Got it.

Strychnine likes this.
  3. fingercuffs Rebelfetts future wife Platinum Member

Funny that @Andy Capp has been accused of raging, when he's been threatened physically. Hilarious.

4. PhitePhan Brown Belt

US automakers, union agree to not require coronavirus vaccines for workers

Detroit's three big automakers - General Motors, Ford and Chrysler parent Stellantis - announced on Tuesday that they are not yet mandating vaccines for thousands of workers.

The United Auto Workers (UAW) issued a joint statement with the companies saying they would require masking at work sites despite not mandating vaccines. The unionized workers will, however, be asked to report their vaccination status on a voluntary basis.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-automakers-union-agree-not-220853958.html

<DCWhoa>
    <{danawhoah}>
    <MikeP1>
    <Goldie11>

5. Natural Order Cosmic Alpha

Threatened? LOL.

6. genecop Steel Belt

These victories are well appreciated…a little sanity in an insane world..

xxxfrankb, Omni1 and PhitePhan like this.
  7. fingercuffs Rebelfetts future wife Platinum Member

As if prison wouldn't be miserable enough already without catching Covid.
    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loc...concerns-at-santa-clara-county-jails/2738822/
    A COVID-19 outbreak at Santa Clara County jails is forcing the county to look for alternatives, including asking neighbors for help.

The main concern is at Elmwood. And the biggest obstacle is isolation. How do you isolate inmates when there aren’t enough beds?

The sheriff says the latest outbreak at Elmwood Jail began when someone showed up with the virus at intake -- it then spreads quickly.

“As of Friday, I believe it was 159 positive individuals at the Elmwood system, and that number seems to be growing,” said Walter Wilson.
    On Monday, the sheriff told a county watchdog group, called The Community Correction and Law Enforcement Monitoring Committee, that they ran out of beds to isolate infected inmates and those at high risk.

The committee called an emergency meeting Monday.

“Public health has recommended single cells for people who have high risk exposure and those who are covid positive,” said Laurie Smith, Santa Clara County Sheriff. “And we really have run out of the ability to do that.”

The sheriff is now urging county leaders to ask neighboring counties if they can rent and use some of their beds.

Sheriff Smith said, adding to the issue, that many inmates are not vaccinated. She says she's unsure that there is a way to force vaccination on them.

“That’s a problem. That’s a huge problem,” she said.

In the meantime, the jails are making adjustments to try and contain the outbreak.

Including temperature screenings for anyone who enters the jails.

But, the sheriff admits, letting people out isn't a good option and there's only so much that can be done without more space.

Strychnine likes this.
  8. PhitePhan Brown Belt

News articles used to emphasize the percentage of unvaxxed in these outbreaks, I wonder why they didn’t do that with this article…?

Fundefeated likes this.
  9. fingercuffs Rebelfetts future wife Platinum Member

Yeah, we were at like 88% fully vaxxed a few weeks ago IIRC, I thought they were mandated in prison but I guess I must have read it about another state/county.

10. PhitePhan Brown Belt

I can’t say I really expect corporate media to bite the hand that feeds them, and highlighting the vaccine failures is a big no no, I’d imagine….

<Fedor23>

11. fingercuffs Rebelfetts future wife Platinum Member

Pretty low percentage here as an example.
    https://www.davisvanguard.org/2021/11/breaking-down-covid-19-in-ca-jails/
    accination update:

• Vaccination data was obtained via public records requests since the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office (SCCSO) does not make detailed data on vaccine uptake available to the public. As of July 12, 2021,
      • 1620 incarcerated individuals were fully vaccinated either from the community or by Jail Health Services. Of these, 1023 remain in custody and the remaining were released or transferred, meaning 42.5% of the population is currently fully vaccinated. A majority of fully vaccinated individuals received the J&J dose.
      • 96 incarcerated individuals or 2.2% of the population is partially vaccinated, with the majority receiving Moderna.

Strychnine likes this.
  12. PhitePhan Brown Belt

So vaccine rates four months ago were at 40+%?

13. fingercuffs Rebelfetts future wife Platinum Member

It isn't mandatory, a lot of inmates are complaining that booster shots aren't being offered and that they're only given masks 3 times a week. Must be a bit scary, prisons aren't known for their cleanliness and running out of room can't be much fun.

14. trac209 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Lmao at people still unhinged over this… ya magoo I’m talking to you.

15. Bald1 War Room Can

I tried to figure this out sober and now that I'm half in the bag. I'm still lost.

Fully aware I set myself up there, but I truly don't get your meaning.

16. Andy Capp WAR DGM 1965-2021

On a closed off road, you walk in the middle without fear of getting hit because others have taken steps to protect you from the potential danger. Meanwhile, inconvenienced motorists rage about how pedestrians should just look out for themselves if they don't want to get hit by cars.

17. Queen B Fully Vaxxed/Boosted

Im fine with no vaccine requirements if masks are required

Unvaccinated employees should still have a greater amount reduced from their paycheck for the insurance though

18. PhitePhan Brown Belt

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    genecop, Omni1 and Sir Punchalot like this.
  19. Bubzeh Gold Belt

This thread used to be a good laugh when it was just 2 or 3 genuinely scared people with an obsession over this thing, but now it's just littered with trolls that have nothing better to do lol.

Invest your time better people.

Nimrod likes this.
  20. Nimrod Wistfull With A Fist-Full

[​IMG]

Your analogies are getting more and more retarded..