Coronavirus not very megathread.

Dr. Fauci's guidelines on whether or not you should attend a holiday party this year.

Basically make sure everyone is vaccinated, and boosters if possible. If people arent willing to share their vax status, assume they are not vaccinated, and wear a mask

If everyone at your party is vaccinated
If you’re vaccinated and gathering with other vaccinated people, the answer is a simple “yes,” White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said in a briefing last week. Ideally, every guest should be boosted, too.

Still, you may run some risk. A recent 120-person company holiday party in Norway provides some anecdotal evidence that omicron could evade vaccine protection: All guests were vaccinated and tested beforehand, but more than half of them — many of whom had just returned from a business trip to South Africa — tested positive for Covid afterwards, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

At least 13 of those people reportedly had omicron. None of them had severe symptoms, a company spokesperson said.

Preliminary research does suggest that omicron could cause milder Covid infections, Fauci told CNN on Sunday. But while this early finding is “a bit encouraging,” it’s too soon to know whether the strain poses a greater risk of severe illness and death, he said.

If anyone at your party is unvaccinated (or unwilling to share)
If anyone’s unvaccinated at your party — including small children who aren’t yet vaccine-eligible — or unwilling to share their vaccination status, your decision gets much harder. You’ll face a higher risk of getting sick or transmitting the virus to someone else, even if you’re fully vaccinated yourself.

If you’re hosting such a party, you should rely on a combination of safety strategies, like gathering outdoors, wearing masks and maintaining social distance. You can also ask your unvaccinated guests to quarantine and get tested before the event, as an additional layer of assurance.

The risk grows further if you’re in a “public congregate setting,” where you can’t realistically know who’s vaccinated, Fauci said last week. That could mean an office holiday party at an indoor bar where vaccination isn’t required, or even taking a crowded bus home.

In those situations, “it is very prudent to wear a mask,” Fauci said. “That’s what I do.” You can briefly lower your mask to safely eat a cookie or drink some eggnog, but try to keep it on as much as possible.

Why you should stay flexible — and be willing to change your plans
Ultimately, the most reliable way to have safe and festive holiday parties is to get your Covid vaccine and booster when you’re eligible. Even a single dose of a vaccine a few days before the party is better than no vaccine at all, experts say.

Regardless of anyone’s vaccination status, if you have symptoms of Covid or were recently exposed to someone who has it, you should skip the holiday party and get tested. It’s just not worth the risk.

And stay flexible. Be willing to change your plans if omicron proves more dangerous in the coming weeks, as scientists gather more information about the variant — even if it means bailing on your holiday party at the last second.

I don't get my booster till the 13th unfortunately. I was lucky to get that, a lot of places are booked out till Jan here.

WOW!

I booked mine at local chain pharmacy. I had to hunt around for a Moderna, but I got in relatively easily.

WOW!

I booked mine at local chain pharmacy. I had to hunt around for a Moderna, but I got in relatively easily.
This area is taking it pretty seriously it seems, which is good. The place I got the appointment is pretty small, the queues were half way around the block last time I checked.

This area is taking it pretty seriously it seems, which is good. The place I got the appointment is pretty small, the queues were half way around the block last time I checked.

This was before Thanksgiving so I'm sure that demand has increased in my area. My neighbor is still on oxygen and still has that "HARAAAAAACCCKKK" cough.

Not a large enough spike to induce herd immunity

Its the 80% vaccinations that made them a small spike got them to where they are.

Lol. Are you blind. Look at your graph. It's like a 9.5 on the seismic scale.

Troll on!!

Conor McGregor Slams EU, Declares ‘Forced Vaccine Is a War Crime’

Some good news

and it sounds like vaccines offer some but limited protection

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/1...ce-suspends-pfizer-vaccine-batch-4397748.html

Thanh Hoa has suspended the use of a Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine batch after over 120 students were hospitalized following their inoculation.

over 120 of the children were admitted to hospitals after exhibiting symptoms like nausea, high fever or breathing difficulties, the provincial Center for Disease Control (CDC) said Thursday.

Last week, four workers in Thanh Hoa's Kim Viet Shoe factory died following their Vero Cell Covid-19 vaccination, also due to "overreaction."

Just another coincidence

First study of Omicron published

Verdict: Vaccination and infection alone does not protect you are at all (40 fold drop in neutralizationo). Omicron + 2 doses shows highest resistance to Omrcron - hinting that 3 dose vaccine (booster) will provide decent immunity against Omicron

Ultimately sounds like we'll need a new vaccine specifically for Omicron
The GOOD NEWS is that Pfizer and Moderna are already working on it, should be out early next year

The BAD NEWS is that it will likely delay the pandemic another 3-4 months

Last edited:
Lol. They already had their spike. Look at your chart troll.

I don't get why people continually try to spike the football around covid. They look at short term data, claim success, then look like idiots a month or so later.

Imagine not taking the most basic measures to help protect yourself from the effects of a virus that came from a lab, while the authoritarian regime that spawned it still pursues a policy of eradication two years later.

xi-laughs.jpg

"They haven't realized how bad the post acute sequelae will be LOL"

Im sure they agree with Kodiyak Redd and FlyySoulja

I wonder which one is Nicki Minajs' uncle's, brother's, sister's, nephew, on her 2nd aunt's side, twice removed?

Nearly 70 medics Covid positive after party

"Most of the 68 infected are doctors and nurses working in the intensive care unit at Málaga's regional hospital.

Health authorities said they were all at a party attended by about 170 people last Wednesday.

All guests returned negative antigen tests before the event but more than half are now isolating.

The infected staff were all fully vaccinated and are showing no symptoms, health authorities said."

Nearly 70 medics Covid positive after party (msn.com)

Positive yet no symptoms because they were vaxxed.

The science speaks for itself.

UK government says that 5 million brits aren't jabbed ..

Un figures say 20 million
Also eu figures are a third 150 million

Looks lime way less are jabbed than there letting on. Trying to scare us into thinking we are a dwindling number., good to know there is still a third of a national that have critical thinking skills.

Back