Coronavirus not very megathread.

Most famous US events with at least 300 deaths, from 1945 onwards.
  1. September 11 attacks - 2001 - 119.6
  2. Jonestown - 1978 - 24.1
  3. Hurricane Katrina - 2005 - 23.4
  4. USS Indianapolis (CA-35) - 1945 - 14.1
  5. COVID-19 pandemic - 2020-present - 12.6
  6. Hong Kong flu - 1968 - 5.6
  7. Hurricane Maria - 2017 - 4.3
  8. Influenza pandemic - 1957-58 - 3.7
  9. Texas City disaster - 1947 - 2.7
  10. HIV/AIDS - 1981-present - 1.7
  11. Super Outbreak - 2011 - 1.3
  12. Super Outbreak - 1974 - 0.9
  13. Chicago heat wave - 1995 - 0.4
  14. Hurricane Audrey - 1957 - 0.2
  15. US heat wave - 1980 - 0.2
  16. Great Appalachian Storm - 1950 - 0.1

Deaths per capita in the 21 largest economies, by peak GDP.
  1. USA - 15th
  2. Brazil - 20th
  3. Italy - 22nd
  4. UK - 24th
  5. Russia - 32nd
  6. Spain - 36th
  7. Mexico - 37th
  8. France - 39th
  9. Germany - 56th
  10. Switzerland - 72nd
  11. Canada - 84th
  12. Netherlands - 86th
  13. Turkiye - 91st
  14. Indonesia - 119th
  15. India - 130th
  16. Saudi Arabia - 137th
  17. Japan - 154th
  18. South Korea - 162nd
  19. Australia - 167th
  20. Taiwan - 186th
  21. China - 208th

Last edited:
Considering how these numbers are counted, I'm highly skeptical on that assertion.

We are basically at war, and unvaxxed are modern day draftdodgers
Both draft dodgers and the unvaccinated had the right to tell the government to get fucked on the basis on exercising their on bodily autonomy. The government can go fuck itself.

No entity has killed or oppressed more Americans than the American government has. Stop being their slave.

Its fair to assume a good amount of those numbers would have deceased anyways, regardless of covid. But once you raise that point you look like a covid denier.

Deadliest pre-WWI events:
  1. Civil War
  2. Galveston hurricane
I read the wiki on the Galveston hurricane a few minutes ago. I didn't know about that tragedy. I was surprised hurricane Katrina isn't on the list. They say 1800 people died. I'm skeptical. I expected it to be way higher. It's funny how governments play with numbers to fit the narrative they're trying to sell.

Considering how these numbers are counted, I'm highly skeptical on that assertion.

COVID deaths are actually undercounted in the US.

Between Mar 8th 2020 and Aug 21st 2021, 811k more people died in the US than would have been expected, but the official COVID death toll was only 615k.
If they didn't die of COVID, what did they die of?

COVID deaths are actually undercounted in the US.

Between Mar 8th 2020 and Aug 21st 2021, 811k more people died in the US than would have been expected, but the official COVID death toll was only 615k.
If they didn't die of COVID, what did they die of?

They could have very well died from media induced panic, stress, anxiety and placebo. Its not hard to kill old and sick people, and the media and government did a very good job of inflicting a ton of stress and fear in those people.

They could have very well died from media induced panic, stress, anxiety and placebo. Its not hard to kill old and sick people, and the media and government did a very good job of inflicting a ton of stress and fear in those people.

What about countries where the media is nowhere near as alarmist as the US, where are all their excess deaths coming from?

What about countries where the media is nowhere near as alarmist as the US, where are all their excess deaths coming from?
They were mostly all alarmist, if it wasn't the media, it was the government pushing people into mass panic with the exaggerations of how bad the virus is in conjunction with the crazy restrictions. I saw someone work themselves into a panic attack just because another person got into an elevator with them. Its simply insane.

They were mostly all alarmist, if it wasn't the media, it was the government pushing people into mass panic with the exaggerations of how bad the virus is in conjunction with the crazy restrictions. I saw someone work themselves into a panic attack just because another person got into an elevator with them. Its simply insane.

Perception of risk is gone for a lot of people. The reaction from the population and the restrictions, would be highly understandable if this virus had a 10% fatality rate. And if it wasn't largely age and physical condition specific. If that was the case, most western countries would be approaching 100% jab rates including kids and infants. No coercion would be needed. The very fact coercion is needed is a red flag.

SweetViolenturg's girlfriend is in hospital with Covid pneumonia. After losing his wife to Long Covid and previous to that his father in law, he's understandably quite worried.

Aw MANNN!

Please tell him that I'll be praying for her swift recovery!

Back