Cormier is over hyped

He takes three rounds of wrestling fucking to finally submit a gassed out 43 year old 199 lb Hendo and is scared to trade punches with him, while Vitor Belfort, a middleweight, destroys Hendo in less then 2 minutes.

Can't finish Frank Mir and is content to just push him against the cage for the decision.

Can't finish Josh Barnett who another overhyped fighter in Travis Browne destroys in 1 minute.

The only impressive win he has is against BigFoot Silva and that was over 3 years ago.

The hype for this guy is ridiculous and Jones will poke the shit out of his eyes and finish him.

DC shows high level in ring IQ (trading with Hendo is about as idiotic as trying to "out jujitsu" Rodger gracie) it's not brave to look at a fighter... and say to yourself "he only has one possible move... hey let's see if I can play to that one strength he has."

That's stupid. Most successful sportsman/teams dont do that.. Teams didnt say.. oh look at that Dion Sanders guy lets throw his way 30 times a game...

oh look at that Adrian Peterson Guy... let's take out our linebackers and play nothing but conerbacks...

hey let's not ever Guard Lebron James... let's just leave him open.. I'm not gonna be scared...

oh there's that Ronda Rousy character... I should pull guard and give her my arm, I'm not scared of an armbar...

why would anyone in their right mind stand and bang with Hendo when for the last 3 years all he's had was inside leg kick / h bomb...

DC beat him up, gound and punded him.. stayed moving, stayed switching positions... outside of the last 10 seconds of the second round DC applied max pressure to Hendo.

what more do you want.. ?

Cormier = GSP-like dominance

Not much risk, but still DOMINATE, rarely lose even a round.
The takedown and wrestling are an ever-present threat.

he needs to (and probably will) beat an actual legit LHW, not a MW or a barista.

Not only did you disrespect DC but you also pissed on

Hendo Mir and Barnett.

No Hespect for nothing. You need to go and WATCH these fights and not just look up the record on fight finder before you try to discredit a fighter that probably beat the sh*t outta your favorite fighter. (most likely reason for this thread)

Not only did you disrespect DC but you also pissed on

Hendo and Barnett

No Hespect for nothing. You need to go and WATCH these fights and not just look up the record on fight finder before you try to discredit a fighter that probably beat the sh*t outta your favorite fighter. (most likely reason for this thread)

This^

Not overhyped but thit he type of ground control he possesses he should work on his terrible GnP

I DO NOT want Bones to lose to Cormier. I don't like wrestling. I'd much rather he lost to someone else

He takes three rounds of wrestling fucking to finally submit a gassed out 43 year old 199 lb Hendo and is scared to trade punches with him, while Vitor Belfort, a middleweight, destroys Hendo in less then 2 minutes.

Can't finish Frank Mir and is content to just push him against the cage for the decision.

Can't finish Josh Barnett who another overhyped fighter in Travis Browne destroys in 1 minute.

The only impressive win he has is against BigFoot Silva and that was over 3 years ago.

The hype for this guy is ridiculous and Jones will poke the shit out of his eyes and finish him.

Great thread. Finally someone with some talent around here.

Lets look at this picture: A worldclass wrestler training at a premier MMA gym in the world beats top 10 guys in 2 divisions. Powerful men with skill and experience, Has 15 fights and no defeats... has never been in danger in a fight and Melvins like the TS go out and call him "overhyped"... Thats the mediocrity and what we are working with as fans in the MMA community

Yes there is aot of hype around him for sure........... Problem is that doesn't change how good he really is. He is an Olympic Wrestler with good standup and a mean streak who would be the UFC HW Champion of the world right now if he wasn't friend, training partner and coach to Cain V.

Thing is, Jones may be a freak athlete, but DC is a freak athlete with the drive of an Olympian!!!!!!

Bones days are numbered!

This one is funny........

Can't wait for Jones vs DC so DC hype train will crash

My gosh you people latch on to anybody

The guy beat up on a person 25 lbs lighter than him and a decade older. relax
Jones has been beating up smaller guys his whole career. It's about time someone like Gus or an even stronger guy like DC throws him around like nothing.

Lets look at this picture: A worldclass wrestler training at a premier MMA gym in the world beats top 10 guys in 2 divisions. Powerful men with skill and experience, Has 15 fights and no defeats... has never been in danger in a fight and Melvins like the TS go out and call him "overhyped"... Thats the mediocrity and what we are working with as fans in the MMA community

TS is either

1. butthurt cuz DC beat his favorite fighter Pat Cummins

2. uninformed and confused

Maybe a bit of both

Cormier is the Machida of wrestlers. He's amazing at wrestling and no one can figure him out yet. It's not the most fun style to watch at times but it's effective.

I was happy to see him get a submission when he could have just coasted. If he sets ups his wrestling to submit, he could become even more scary.

I still think there are a lot of untested things about Cormier like his chin but if he never gets hit, it doesn't even matter.

Sherdogger's are P4P the biggest haters of fans of any sport. Seriously, over and over again I see people on here grasping at straws to constantly discredit a fighters success. It's become plain pathetic.

Couldn't agree more. I didn't care for DC (especially after the Mir fight) but he has really made me a fan. Same goes for guys like DHK and T-Wood. Grapplers that are using their solid base to learn and impliment all the other facets of the game are showing the evolution of the sport and the stars of tomorrow.
That poster just had nothing but hate in his heart for any and everything.

Back