Cormier is over hyped

He is in that resume building stage. Not surprised that he could be viewed in the "over hyped" category

Resume building stage? t/f are you coming from? To me
Bigfoot Silva
Josh Barnett
Frank Mir
Roy Nelson
Dan Henderson

is effing impressive without losing a round nor even a scare. You all are fools and delusional ams.

Resume building stage? t/f are you coming from? To me
Bigfoot Silva
Josh Barnett
Frank Mir
Roy Nelson
Dan Henderson

is effing impressive without losing a round nor even a scare. You all are fools and delusional ams.

If Jones went up to hw and handled Barnett, bigfoot, sao and mir who are a lot bigger than him, I would understand some of these arguments. But it seems like some people just don't like cormier.

This is such a shit thread. DC has some great names on his resume considering where he is at in his career. He's consistently looked like a world-beater against everyone he's fought. The only fighters I've seen in recent years who had comparable momentum were Jon Jones and Chris Weidman.

I swear, Jones fans are fucking shitting their panties, they're so afraid he might actually be fighting someone who matches up well against him.

You guys can tug on each other's little sticks all you want, but DC ain't no joke, and with his wrestling, he's going to be a bad matchup to anyone at 205 or above.

If Jones went up to hw and handled Barnett, bigfoot, sao and mir who are a lot bigger than him, I would understand some of these arguments. But it seems like some people just don't like cormier.

Exactly, people seriously so delusional with hate. Chael Sonnen getting a shot and DC not is what irks me the most.

OP sounds like a butthurt bandwagon Jones fan who feels "threaten" by Cormier

Don't pull a Elliot Rodger on us OP

Notable wins:

HW: Soa, Monson, Bigfoot, Barnett, Mir, Nelson

LHW: Henderson

Add in his AWESOME wrestling credentials and apparent successful transition to MMA, and the fact that he has never been in danger, and it's not hard to see why he has as much hype as he does.

It's not ridiculous. Even the people thinking that he can beat Jones aren't ridiculous, anyone can lose to anyone else, and Cormier has a better shot than most at LHW to dethrone Jones. Quit getting your panties in a bunch and just enjoy the skills.

He takes three rounds of wrestling fucking to finally submit a gassed out 43 year old 199 lb Hendo and is scared to trade punches with him, while Vitor Belfort, a middleweight, destroys Hendo in less then 2 minutes.

Can't finish Frank Mir and is content to just push him against the cage for the decision.

Can't finish Josh Barnett who another overhyped fighter in Travis Browne destroys in 1 minute.

The only impressive win he has is against BigFoot Silva and that was over 3 years ago.

The hype for this guy is ridiculous and Jones will poke the shit out of his eyes and finish him.

You do realize the belfort fight was at 205 right? Since was Barnett an over hyped fighter?? You have to be new to mma

He takes three rounds of wrestling fucking to finally submit a gassed out 43 year old 199 lb Hendo and is scared to trade punches with him, while Vitor Belfort, a middleweight, destroys Hendo in less then 2 minutes.

Can't finish Frank Mir and is content to just push him against the cage for the decision.

Can't finish Josh Barnett who another overhyped fighter in Travis Browne destroys in 1 minute.

The only impressive win he has is against BigFoot Silva and that was over 3 years ago.

The hype for this guy is ridiculous and Jones will poke the shit out of his eyes and finish him.
ahahaha yeah true

Jones will destroy DC easier than Shogun.

Idk man, he looks like an absolute animal in there. He's a wrestling based fighter, what do you expect? I don't expect him to finish every fight in the 1st round, I expect him to ragdoll the shit outta his opponents and dictate where he wants the fight

This.

undefeated and looked amazing in every fight he's had in his MMA career.

Yes TS, overhyped for sure, :rolleyes:

I agree some of his striking prowess is overhyped, but there is no denying his BEAST wrestling. I am fairly sure he'll be able to take Jones down maybe not at will, but better than average.

An ancient olympic wrestler who hasn't used his wrestling in how many fights?

hendo sure as fuck used his wrestling against cormier, it was just completely and totally ineffective.

let's get back on point then. okay the discussion is about cormier being overhyped (or hendo getting dominated).

hendo got dominated. you obviously need to work something out, but maybe that needs to take place somewhere else. not sure why you keep bringing up tangential points.

I could see DC beating anyone in the UFC. He doesn't quite have the legacy yet, but he's a tough fight for anyone.

I DO NOT want Bones to lose to Cormier. I don't like wrestling. I'd much rather he lost to someone else

Megaman_derp_1754708.jpg

I think people really need to be asking themselves could Jon Jones beat Bigfoot Silva, Roy Nelson, Josh Barnett, and Frank Mir? What makes this even more impressive is the fact DC is an extremely small HW, infact Jone Jones is much bigger than he is, but no way in hell I could see Jon Jones rag dolling the lineup DC has.

10001970.gif

in the UFC he has 2 boring decision wins at HW. 1 fast tko and a boring 2.5 rnd blanket and a finish at LWH. He is legit, i understand he is. Winning those fights was not an easy task, except for that coffee guy he beat ofc. But god is it boring to watch.

Hope jbj put an end to this

I think people really need to be asking themselves could Jon Jones beat Bigfoot Silva, Roy Nelson, Josh Barnett, and Frank Mir? What makes this even more impressive is the fact DC is an extremely small HW, infact Jone Jones is much bigger than he is, but no way in hell I could see Jon Jones rag dolling the lineup DC has.

10001970.gif

I've never rooted for Jones but he would easily beat Silva, Nelson, Barnett, and Mir.

Why don't you mention some HW's who aren't slow, plodding, and/or washed up?

I've never rooted for Jones but he would easily beat Silva, Nelson, Barnett, and Mir.

Why don't you mention some HW's who aren't slow, plodding, and/or washed up?

He would maybe beat Silva and Mir, but I can see Barnett controlling Jones and submitting him or Nelson knocking his ass out. There's a reason Jones sits around 230 and doesn't fight HW. Dude weighs 10 lbs less than Velasquez but doesn't want any of that.

Back