Cormier is over hyped

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by WimpLo2, May 25, 2014.

1. WimpLo2

WimpLo2 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

He takes three rounds of wrestling fucking to finally submit a gassed out 43 year old 199 lb Hendo and is scared to trade punches with him, while Vitor Belfort, a middleweight, destroys Hendo in less then 2 minutes.

Can't finish Frank Mir and is content to just push him against the cage for the decision.

Can't finish Josh Barnett who another overhyped fighter in Travis Browne destroys in 1 minute.

The only impressive win he has is against BigFoot Silva and that was over 3 years ago.

The hype for this guy is ridiculous and Jones will poke the shit out of his eyes and finish him.

2. dropshot001

dropshot001 Red Belt

He is in that resume building stage. Not surprised that he could be viewed in the "over hyped" category

3. tmurfin

tmurfin Orange Belt

Idk man, he looks like an absolute animal in there. He's a wrestling based fighter, what do you expect? I don't expect him to finish every fight in the 1st round, I expect him to ragdoll the shit outta his opponents and dictate where he wants the fight

4. Fujita

Fujita Brown Belt

He makes good fighters look shit.. anyone who dominates Josh Barnett, Bigfoot, Hendo is not over hyped.

5. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

The worst threads on Sherdog are those complaining that a fighter is overly hyped. I disagree that he is, but so what even if it is true?

6. berimBOWLoh

berimBOWLoh Silver Belt

ive never seen Hendo manhandled like that. to say it wasnt impressive is silly, he took him off his feet like he was a child.

7. Jew Jif Shoes

Jew Jif Shoes Brown Belt

This. Belfort has historically been a front runner who is an animal in the first round, why even bother comparing a wrestler like DC, a guy who is far more technical and reserved in his approach, to the Belfort blitz? Just because he didn't finish Hendo in the first round doesn't mean shit. He tossed Hendo over his head, which is something Belfort didn't do, there's no doubt he's pretty good and not "over hyped."

8. Damianj

Damianj Brown Belt

This.

I'm not 100% sold on him beating Cain or Jones yet but DC is definitely legit.

9. Bones245n4847

Bones245n4847 Red Belt

Put cummins was as easy as a morning cup of coffee for 99% of ufc lhw, Hendo wasn't even a 200 pounder last night. A heavyweight should be able to toss around a middleweight, in fact I would have questioned him even more if he didn't. My boy Bones will derail the train early next year so no worries, all will be right with the world.

10. Bob Sapp Junior

Bob Sapp Junior Brown Belt

You can show beauty to a man but you can't force him to appreciate it.

11. theanticool

theanticool Brown Belt

Guy has like 5 top ten wins and hasn't lost a round yet. I'd say he's accurately ranked.

12. Bigfoot Sylvia

Bigfoot Sylvia Banned Banned

You're overhyped.

13. smellmyfarts

smellmyfarts Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Meh, Both Jones and Gus will lose to this guy. I can't see anyone in MMA beating him but Cain........... Real talk

14. D1wrestla

D1wrestla Purple Belt

You butthurt?

15. TewPoint0

TewPoint0 DHEA Abuser

He's a very gifted, athletic, and intelligent fighter. He's preserving himself and about to take that strap.

16. Bacon Bits

Bacon Bits Banned Banned

Hendo was 204 in his last fight and 207 against Fedor. Dude has always been a small LHW. What the hell is your point?

17. DirtyLandry**

DirtyLandry** Banned Banned

Can't wait for Jones vs DC so DC hype train will crash

My gosh you people latch on to anybody

The guy beat up on a person 25 lbs lighter than him and a decade older. relax

18. elzar

elzar Red Belt

yeah, he dominated hendo like no one else has. and he absolutely controlled mir, barnett, bigfoot. he's a very solid fighter and is one of the few remaining candidates to give jones a run for the belt. and i think he'd be a tough matchup for jones tbh.

19. Rico

Rico Franklin Platinum Member

Sherdogger's are P4P the biggest haters of fans of any sport. Seriously, over and over again I see people on here grasping at straws to constantly discredit a fighters success. It's become plain pathetic.

20. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Blue Belt

You are fucking delusional for calling Cormier hyped. And you sound young, like 18, plus a hater to boot & possible troll = the worst type of MMA fan.

For the sake of argument, even if he does lose to Bones, which I don't think will happen, he is still an incredibly gifted athlete and one of the best to compete in MMA imo.

He was Team USA's Olympic wrestling captain. CAPTAIN. Do you even know what that means? He didn't start MMA in some backyard brawl. He is a professional athlete who was disciplined under very high standards, probably higher than most MMA training camps.

Last edited: May 25, 2014