Cormier hinting at him being out of fighting shape with instagram post

He doesn't really seem motivated for this fight, kinda hard to be when you have to beat someone again instead of getting the money fight they told him he was getting, dude was probably already planning on what to spend that money on.

What do you mean plan? It's just going to be chicken wings.

DC already has his excuse ready for when Stipe KOs him.

Can’t wait to laugh in your face when Stipe goes nite nite again

a9e.jpg

Screen shot for later

I watch MMA for what works and what doesn't. And remember before all the fuck ups? People were hating anyways. Jones finally gave him a reason, but at first he only won cause he was big despite George Roop not unlocking that same ability.
This is true. I remember before he became champ, one of the main reasons given for the Jones hate was that Jones was "uppity". He was not humble enough in their eyes and all this other stuff came along way after this forum used to crap on Jones for being too "uppity". It reminded me of when all these types of posters used to hate on Rashad so I've been a very vocal fan of Jones since those days because I know it gets under the skin of those type of posters. Jones the Goat,

Has DC ever been "in shape" at HW?
Does he even have to be?
He can win anyway.
DC bless.

Sounds like he's ready to leave it all behind. I think he was heartbroken when he didn't get the Brock fight. He's probably gonna show up like 275 pounds and lose by tko.

Don't know what the purpose of this fight is, it's not a good fight to go out on. He has nothing to gain by fighting Stipe.

In shape, out of shape, doesn't matter. He starches Stipe in the second.

DC just trying to throw Stipe off his guard.

He plays mind games often.

Cormier trolling about his shape as usual, luring Stipe in a false sense of security.
<DC-Champ>

I agree, Jones is lazy. From what ive read from fighters that trained at Jackson/Wink is Jones barely ever showed up at the gym.

He was hiding under the cage. Just didn't see him.

I think he is in fighting shape. I love DC but he strikes me as the type of guy to be like "ooh I'm not in fighting shape" when he is (like the people who say "and me I only slept 2 hours" when you just mention that you're tired). Idk, just a vibe I get from him lol

Or maybe he's a 40 years old guy with injuries and who like to eat.

I also read his interview recently he said this:

“I get this done again. I feel like I will prepare myself and get ready to fight come August 17. If you asked me today? I probably couldn’t beat Stipe Miocic. I’m out of shape, I’m barely getting started. I’m just working, trying to drop off the extra pounds. I’ve been living a very, very cushy life since November. I’ve been working television, enjoying my family, coaching wrestling. So I’ve got some work to do to get back where I need to be. . .

Should we be worried? I dont want Caveman to win this

Dc bless

Come on Stipe. Use that fight IQ better and win this fight goddamit for fake sake coooooooome oooooooooon

This is true. I remember before he became champ, one of the main reasons given for the Jones hate was that Jones was "uppity". He was not humble enough in their eyes and all this other stuff came along way after this forum used to crap on Jones for being too "uppity". It reminded me of when all these types of posters used to hate on Rashad so I've been a very vocal fan of Jones since those days because I know it gets under the skin of those type of posters. Jones the Goat,
It’s a Sherdog pattern. If someone appears to be great, they will find something to pick at.

I think he is in fighting shape. I love DC but he strikes me as the type of guy to be like "ooh I'm not in fighting shape" when he is (like the people who say "and me I only slept 2 hours" when you just mention that you're tired). Idk, just a vibe I get from him lol

Or maybe he's a 40 years old guy with injuries and who like to eat.
Yea. I think he's 40, natty, dealing with a lot of long lasting injuries, and loves some food. Hopefully he can put it all together one more time.

Why do MMA fighters use 16 oz boxing gloves in training????

There is no reason for either of those fan bases to hate on DC, other then being racist assholes, and then that means they are also Jones haters for racist reasons as well.

Now you're getting it.

I actually believe he's (relatively speaking) out-of-shape. Guy is 40, with 20 years of grind behind him, and he downs chicken and cake by the bucket.

That said, I have almost zero doubt he'll show up fight night about as well as he can given his age and situation...the guy is a professional through and through and a great competitor. He'll get on track.

Back