Cops throw stun grenade into crib/baby in coma.

This is awful. I don't really want to think about that cause a baby/toddler was hurt. May God bless that little boy and family. I pray for the cops too. They probably are hurting inside never thinking this would happen.

I mentioned earlier that they are usually thrown from cover. The other way they are employed is through windows on a "bang pole" which is a 15 foot plus metal pull with a contraption at the end to deploy the flashbang and a punch to break the window.

They are generally thrown from cover, usually directly following a door breach with a ram or shotgun with breaching loads(fairly uncommon in the PD world). You don't really want to peek first or stay looking because they go off fairly quickly.

Like I mentioned, taking a known armed felon at his residence with a no knock warrant is stupid. Take him down somewhere else where you have the advantage. Let him get in a car, tail him, when he gets where he is going deflate his tires and then catch him as he comes back to the car. Much less likely he is gonna have his AK on him when you catch him coming back to the car from McDonalds...

I am completely against no knock warrants outside of a few extremely limited circumstances that rarely occur. It is dangerous for all involved. If someone breached my front door at 2am they would be receiving rifle rounds as soon as I picked mine up.

Yea I posted in the other thread before I saw this and agree with you about the no knock warrants.
The only time I was around flash bangs with ex- military guys and they just threw them in.

That is horrifying. I can't understand how this was determined to be the best course of action. Let's throw a flash-bang into a possible meth-lab??? What's the worst that could happen? The need to catch the subject in the house, with the drugs seems to be too high of a priority in these cases. If only meth dealers and users were more stable...

I definitely feel for the family. That sucks. Taking a family vacation to a meth dealer's house and this happens! The whole house exploding, used needles, tweaking meth heads-I mean, you come prepared for that. But the cops replacing a teddy bear with an explosive device was not on the list of possible dangers.

I hope the child recovers and the department rethinks its no-knock policy and when to use it.

Obviously a tragic accident, but throwing a flash grenade into a possible meth lab doesn't seem too brilliant.

Well it will sure be helpful for the hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills they are about to rack up and the realistic possibility of a lifetime of medical bills and care, if the kid survives. Do you know how many millions of dollars it would cost to keep this kid in the hospital if he doesn't wake up from the coma? Sure, talking about money at a time like that seems incredibly shallow, but its gonna bite them in the ass real soon.

I see your point but I think the focus should be on WTF allows cops to perpetrate the atrocities with impunity? If a civilian tossed a flash grenade into another civilians home and nearly killed their child they'd be tried with what? Assaulting a minor, negligence+endangering a child, etc. right? Why aren't the cops involved immediately cuffed and thrown in jail as a civilian would?

I think the fact that the city will have to pay is a non-issue. They will of course. But the knee jerk reaction to everything in America is "pay me". "Terrorist flew a plane into a building? Pay me". "Priest raped my child? Pay me." "Cops nearly killed my child "pay me". I don't think there's anywhere else in the world where the immediate reaction is to see a tragedy as a way to get rich and the more heinous the crime the bigger the payday. People still talk about the black guy who got sodomized in a police precint bathroom as if he was lucky because he became in instant millioinaire. Some even seem to wish they were the ones sodomized by that broom stick.

Obviously a tragic accident, but throwing a flash grenade into a possible meth lab doesn't seem too brilliant.

So is raiding the wrong house. You have to remember the type of people drawn to the police force. It's not a high paying job and you have all the low-IQ, tough-man wanna-be bully types drawn to the job and then we equip them with guns and grenades. Add to that the fact that all over America they get away with

These assholes literally just threw a fucking grenade into a room where they had no clue who was in it. They should be charged. Think about it, in what other walk of life are you allowed to be this careless, up to the point of causing injury and death, and it's just "a terrible accident" and "maybe they should re-think their policy". This is bullshit.

It's an accident. I am sure the police felt bad. Hope the police get counselling.

Is there any protocol to throw grenades into random people's houses?

It wasn't an accident, it was negligence, two very different things. There aren't many jobs in the world where it's unlikely you'll be fired/punished for maiming someone. Military and US law enforcement are the only ones I can think of.

Remember when Cops, before "COPS", used to knock on doors to serve warrants?

can I say fucking pigs? or will I be accused of being a rebellious 13 year old dipshit?

It's an accident. I am sure the police felt bad. Hope the police get counselling.

the police get counceling? fuck them, send them to jail!
it is the kid and the parents who need all the help they can get!

The child’s parents have contacted the GBI but were told no further investigation was needed.

Wonderful.

Obviously an accident, I bet the cop who threw it feels terrible

In war, there will be civilian casualties. Some of those civilian casualties will be babies and children. That is the way of war.

Oh, in case you haven't heard, in the US of A, we've been waging a War on Drugs.

There are often war criminals in war too it seems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back