Cops throw stun grenade into crib/baby in coma.

It was either done deliberately (which would be ridiculous), or it was accidental, hence my usage of the word "accidental". Incompetence doesn't mean they willingly threw a stun grenade in a crib, that's a silly conclusion to reach, unless you are suggesting something more sinister happened?

Recklessly is the word I'd choose.

These idiot thugs should be thrown in prison for life.

This makes me want to vomit.

Once a cop would actually try and talk a perp down before going to violence, now they just whip out the taser and zap your ass if they don't get immediate compliance.

And now they can get warrants and don't even have to knock. Suspicion? Bust the door down and destroy everyone there. Remember, If you kill the witnesses you don't get in trouble!

In war, there will be civilian casualties. Some of those civilian casualties will be babies and children. That is the way of war.

Oh, in case you haven't heard, in the US of A, we've been waging a War on Drugs.

Yep, this is problem number one.

We decriminalize drugs, we stop stupid shit like this. It doesn't help the Fed pumps all sort of money into police depts for counter-terrorism bullshit and half these guys think they are running some covert ops mission every time they make a simple traffic stop or knock on someone's door.

Of course the waste of taxpayer dollars and unnecessary incarcerations are good reasons to end the War on Drugs as well. But then the DEA wouldn't have a job anymore :icon_cry2

The article makes it sounds like it was intentional. Horrible accident.

It said nothing about it being intentional. The article just shared the facts.

It may have in fact been a horrible accident, like when a drunk driver hits a kid on his tricycle. It wasn't intentional.

Show me any evidence whatsoever that illegalization of drugs have any effect on consumption.

Its complete BS, its like when people thought Radon was healthy and kept taking it, because "You dont want to get disease".

Yes, meth should be legal. Not because its ok, but because criminalization does shit to prevent consumption.

This kid life is over, the prison system is now more bloated and the meth distribution will be taken over by someone else in less than a week so methheads will still get their fix.

You can read my post after the one you quoted to see my answer.

This is the basic problem with the growing shitshow that is the paramilitarization of civilian American police forces.

No one is denying that large urban departments need a SWAT capabity and there is a time and a place for that longarm in the trunk of a vehicle.

The problem is that when tools become available, people want to use them. There's been an explosion in the proliferation of "tactical" tools and training to civilian police in the past decade or two.

Police in America (on general terms) belong to the community to which it polices. There's a reason the US model doesn't have a National Police/Gendarmerie. Policing in America isn't supposed to be about us-vs-them. This isn't about fighting the enemy.

I think a lot of it has to do with budgets and politics. When it comes down to it, you use it or lose it. If the police wants the city to keep funding their expensive toys and SWAT training, they need to prove that the money being poured in is going to use. If the SWAT teams and their expensive toys aren't being applied, then funding gets cut. So they use opportunities like these, even though it's not the best course of action, to justify their budgets.

It's getting to the point where I think we would be safer without cops.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

When you give a man a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

A year in Iraq clearing hundred, if not a thousand homes. Never once did we enter with a flash bang.

When you give a man a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

A year in Iraq clearing hundred, if not a thousand homes. Never once did we enter with a flash bang.

Look, that's great and all, but I bet you never had to deal with a drug dealer with a baby. and a crib.

I hope this story is getting national attention. If not, nothing will change. Cops don't even seem sorry they did it (comment that they would do it again).

It was either done deliberately (which would be ridiculous), or it was accidental, hence my usage of the word "accidental". Incompetence doesn't mean they willingly threw a stun grenade in a crib, that's a silly conclusion to reach, unless you are suggesting something more sinister happened?

"Accidental" makes it sound as though they were somehow not to blame for the chain of events. They were. If they'd done their job right, they never would have been in situation where they had to use stun grenades at all.

The movie Hot Fuzz has this conversation between the two leads.

PC Butterworth, "Why do we call them Road Traffic Incidents instead of Accidents?"

Sgt Angel, "Because Accident implies there's no one to blame."

I said nothing about making it legal would cause everyone to go out and try it.
And I think the way we approach it should be changed to decimalize the user but not the dealers.

Right now you can remove children from a home because of an arrest over drugs which should be the main focus anyway. Most of the hard drugs you cannot be a recreational user. You end up with the drug being the focus of your life and money so the other family members suffer (kids). You can do whatever you like as long as you don

Yea but I don't think they thought it was a meth lab. They just thought this real-life Heisenberg rested his head there. I guess it doesn't matter what they thought, since they obviously had no fucking clue what was going on in that house, they just decided to raid it at 3 am.

YOLO. had to do it. just think of what might have happened if they didnt do raids like this. children could be hurt by drugs.

This is the lowest form of police work.

To me, this entire thing screams of impulsivity and inattention to detail.

Police cannot have this type of power over the public. Like others have pointed out, the "old" way they served out warrants was more appropriate.

Something is wrong if this is just another case that time quickly forgot.

I definitely feel for the family. That sucks. Taking a family vacation to a meth dealer's house and this happens! The whole house exploding, used needles, tweaking meth heads-I mean, you come prepared for that. But the cops replacing a teddy bear with an explosive device was not on the list of possible dangers.

It takes a special kind of piece of shit to make light of this story.

Back