Cops throw stun grenade into crib/baby in coma.

This is what happens when Murkan police forces are filled with ex-military personnel suffering from PTSD and get lots of military toys like MRAPs and stun grenades to play with...

Naw Im just kidding its really just a few:

400796831_artworks_000043260783_ng8n2p_original_xlarge.jpeg

apples.jpg

Usually flash bangs are tossed from cover through a door. You can't see where exactly they are landing so it is highly unlikely they looked, aimed for the crib and tossed it in there.

This is one of the reasons I am not a fan of no knock warrants(which this sounds like). Huge chance of injury to all parties involved and very little benefit that outweighs the risk.

Set up proper surveillance with UC's, monitor the house and establish a pattern of life for who comes and goes on the house. Then stop the idiot you want to arrest away from the house and serve your warrant simultaneously without the need for a SWAT shit show.

Department should pay out for kids medical bills at the least and re-evaluate their warrant service protocols.

Quality post.

Now this may not have been intentional but it sure seems like there was a severe combo of incompetence and negligence on the part of the police in charge and it sure looks like they were looking to use any excuse available to play with their cop toys. Furthermore, it is naturally understood that civilians can get arrested and convicted and do get arrested and convicted every day for offenses even if they are completely intentional; there simply is no plausible reason not to hold LEOs to the exact same standards. There seems to be at least several stories a week of this nature which at best show an alarming rate of incompetence. If a Democrat or Republican was willing to run for Congress (and maybe even the WH) using a platform based in part on the concept that the law enforcement in the US is out of control, one might be surprised at how many Americans would be campaigning on street corners for them, and decisively they would win the election.

Obviously a tragic accident, but throwing a flash grenade into a possible meth lab doesn't seem too brilliant.

Are you insinuating that these officers may have not been very bright????

But they were highly trained police officers.

The article makes it sounds like it was intentional. Horrible accident.

So are you saying the stun grenade slipped out of the officers hands or malfunctioned in some way? What's your source?

We the people need to demand and end to no-knock warrants via clear and prohibitive legislation.

Yea I think they need to reconsider somethings and the way they are done.

It was a horrible accident; we will have to ask a cop on here if you are supposed to look before you throw and if this is what caused this accident.

The guy was known to be armed so it may be the swat team was needed.

So your believe all drugs should be legal? So mom and dad being meth heads would be no problem?

Show me any evidence whatsoever that illegalization of drugs have any effect on consumption.

Its complete BS, its like when people thought Radon was healthy and kept taking it, because "You dont want to get disease".

Yes, meth should be legal. Not because its ok, but because criminalization does shit to prevent consumption.

This kid life is over, the prison system is now more bloated and the meth distribution will be taken over by someone else in less than a week so methheads will still get their fix.

Wow, I don't know what to say. Law enforcement seems to want to use all their new toys regardless of the situation.

Really?, ya think? :icon_neut

I also question your use of the word, "accident". While it's technically correct, since there's no suggestion the cop aimed the grenade at the crib, this tragedy was a result of sheer incompetence rather than unavoidable mishap.

The situation should never have happened in the first place. Even if they were correct in thinking they were raiding a Meth Lab filled with violent criminals, who throws a grenade, stun or otherwise, into a building they think is filled with highly inflammable chemicals?:rolleyes:

I just don't see why it's necessary to do a no-knock SWAT raid because one person sells drugs to a snitch.

People keep saying meth lab. Maybe my reading comprehension is off, I'll have to read the article again, but I didn't see anything about them thinking it was a meth lab. Just a place where a guy who sold some meth to an informant was living. I mean Walter White's house wasn't a meth lab, you know what I mean? Despite nhhbear's snide comments about a family vacation to a meth lab (let's blame the victims here guys), the article doesn't really give much info about the relationship between the victimized family here and the drug dealer. He could be their nephew or cousin or whatever, maybe they had no idea that he sold a little meth. Anyways, whatever the case is, it's beyond insane that cops can get away with shit like this. "Horrible accident", go fuck yourself

Them thinking it was a meth lab makes the decision to throw in a flashblang even more puzzling.

Yea but I don't think they thought it was a meth lab. They just thought this real-life Heisenberg rested his head there. I guess it doesn't matter what they thought, since they obviously had no fucking clue what was going on in that house, they just decided to raid it at 3 am.

I also question your use of the word, "accident". While it's technically correct, since there's no suggestion the cop aimed the grenade at the crib, this tragedy was a result of sheer incompetence rather than unavoidable mishap.

It was either done deliberately (which would be ridiculous), or it was accidental, hence my usage of the word "accidental". Incompetence doesn't mean they willingly threw a stun grenade in a crib, that's a silly conclusion to reach, unless you are suggesting something more sinister happened?

Back