Cops throw stun grenade into crib/baby in coma.

lmao, finally read the article did we?

My point still stands. Unless you're assuming that the family had no knowledge of who they were staying with and what he did for a living. This father put his son at risk by staying with someone that has undercover police swinging by his home to buy meth.

My point still stands. Unless you're assuming that the family had no knowledge of who they were staying with and what he did for a living. This father put his son at risk by staying with someone that has undercover police swinging by his home to buy meth.

There's no question. There's still a lot we don't know about this family's situation, but yea it's an extremely poor decision. We could make a whole thread on that too if you would like. I think the issue here is that the police action isn't some force of nature....these are supposed to be professionals. Instead they acted with extreme recklessness and negligence and possibly killed this infant. When it didn't have to be this way....it seems like the policies and the attitudes of the PD creates a very dangerous environment for citizens.

There's no question. There's still a lot we don't know about this family's situation, but yea it's an extremely poor decision. We could make a whole thread on that too if you would like. I think the issue here is that the police action isn't some force of nature....these are supposed to be professionals. Instead they acted with extreme recklessness and negligence and possibly killed this infant. When it didn't have to be this way....it seems like the policies and the attitudes of the PD creates a very dangerous environment for citizens.

Again I don't agree with no knock raids, most police I've talked to don't either. It's dangerous, but I can only imagine how frustrating it is for officers when they have a guy flush all the evidence after they spend all the time it takes to build a case. So I can see why they do them, but people itt are making it seem like the officer deliberately threw the flashbang into the crib, which I have a seriously hard time believing. But this whole situation could have been avoided if this individual hadn't made a living from selling a dangerous drug. Mealers get no respect or sympathy from me. It sucks that this family was caught in the middle of all of this, but perhaps they should have chosen someone else to stay with.

Again I don't agree with no knock raids, most police I've talked to don't either. It's dangerous, but I can only imagine how frustrating it is for officers when they have a guy flush all the evidence after they spend all the time it takes to build a case. So I can see why they do them, but people itt are making it seem like the officer deliberately threw the flashbang into the crib, which I have a seriously hard time believing. But this whole situation could have been avoided if this individual hadn't made a living from selling a dangerous drug. Mealers get no respect or sympathy from me. It sucks that this family was caught in the middle of all of this, but perhaps they should have chosen someone else to stay with.

Nobody itt thinks the cop threw it into the crib on purpose. I haven't seen any posts that reflect that. It's more that this is just the latest in a long, long line of fucked up things cops have done in these bullshit no-knock raids. And the attitude that "what else could we have done?" is a little infuriating. As I've said earlier in this thread, if any of us caused a death or serious injury through negligence and recklessness, we would be charged. So yea, it seems like the mistrust and animosity for police will continue as long as their "war on drugs" continues to escalate in the manner that it has.

Nobody itt thinks the cop threw it into the crib on purpose. I haven't seen any posts that reflect that. It's more that this is just the latest in a long, long line of fucked up things cops have done in these bullshit no-knock raids. And the attitude that "what else could we have done?" is a little infuriating. As I've said earlier in this thread, if any of us caused a death or serious injury through negligence and recklessness, we would be charged. So yea, it seems like the mistrust and animosity for police will continue as long as their "war on drugs" continues to escalate in the manner that it has.

Well of course we'd be brought up on charges, we aren't cops. As far as the police is concerned, this was an unfortunate consequence. These kinds of raids happen all the time without incident, so there are bound to be a few screw ups every now and again.

It's pretty clear from what I've quoted that the police didn't know there were kids in the house. One thing about tweakers that you may not know, well maybe you do, they're pretty unpredictable. I don't blame them for using a flashbang. It sucks that this kid got seriously injured, but if this guy hadn't been dealing meth, the police wouldn't have had to kick their door in. This meth dealer is a victim only to his own choices.

so dont you think the police should um, maybe KNOW who is in the house before they use potentially lethal force? or since the dad is a dirtbag, as you say, that makes any casualties ok?

so dont you think the police should um, maybe KNOW who is in the house before they use potentially lethal force? or since the dad is a dirtbag, as you say, that makes any casualties ok?

As far as the police knew , based on the undercovers observation, there weren't any kids in the house.

obviously they didnt know shit.

Well, yeah. They screwed up. No one's arguing that.

It didn't help that this guy wasn't smart enough to keep his kids out of a meth house, we can agree on that I'm sure.

no. but you are giving the cops a pass since the parents are shitbags in your opinion.

I wouldn't say I'm giving them a pass. More like focusing on the reason the cops were there in the first place.

Back