Cop tries to serve and protect by brake checking civilian with dash cam

2 seconds for each 10 mile per hour as a minimum is the rule.

The guy was a little close, just at the distance to be able to stop most likely but still close enough to pass people off. Which was the point I believe. Plus he took off the front plate to add to this. If he just had the car repaired they body shop would have put the plate back on to make sure it fit and most all I know do it as a part of the repair. Most all I know will straighten out the plate also for no charged andirectly inform you you need to get new ones if damaged too much.

So all in all it looks like he was looking for reactions and got it.

Take not that he just HAD to end the video with "thank you for serving and protecting! HAAAA" snide remark.

Hardly a victim.

I don't know if he was out trying to bait cops but he certainly seemed to be trying to make it worse after the fact with his comments.

Driving behind a cop with no front plate is a red flag.

However, he did catch them fucking around, so mission accomplished I guess. The cop trying to argue that he was tailgating, after he unsuccessfully brake checked him was priceless. If he was truly tailgating, he's smashing into the trunk.

If someone is that close to me at that speed I'd find it uncomfortable and tail gating.

It's tail gating.

If that was a citizen, we as the insurance company would be looking at potential fraud. We would check every claim that person ever opened and if there was a trend, we may fight that in court.

That exact same scenario is what people will do to create an accident and claim frivolous injuries.

And you as a driver, what you "feel" , doesn't mean shit.:)

Signed claims adjuster

Looks like a ticket tactic, they probably do it all the time. Slow down, hope the car gets slightly closer, brake check and hope they bump into you, write tailgating ticket. Apparently promotions in police depts. are heavily influenced by tickets given, cops are put in a situation where they kind of have no choice but to waste their time doing stupid stuff like that.

If that was a citizen, we as the insurance company would be looking at potential fraud. We would check every claim that person ever opened and if there was a trend, we may fight that in court.

That exact same scenario is what people will do to create an accident and claim frivolous injuries.

And you as a driver, what you "feel" , doesn't mean shit.:)

Signed claims adjuster

The minimum distance is two car length. 1 car length every 10 mphs.

He was closer than 2 car lengths. (almost needs to be 3 car lengths as the picture showcased 29 mph)

That's called reckless driving.

That's basically the end of the story.

So what we get drunk?
So what we smoke weed?
We’re just having fun
We don’t care who sees
So what we go out?
That’s how its supposed to be
Living young and wild and free

That's the Devils music if I ever heard it. He's lucky not to have been thrown in jail.
The devil signs the best bands.

Now I will agree the cop didn't handle it very well.

He should have pulled over and let him by then pulled him.

Then ticketed him for the plate. Then told him he never would have noticed if he wasn't tail gating. Then given him a written warning for following too close.

2 seconds for each 10 mile per hour as a minimum is the rule.

The guy was a little close, just at the distance to be able to stop most likely but still close enough to pass people off. Which was the point I believe. Plus he took off the front plate to add to this. If he just had the car repaired they body shop would have put the plate back on to make sure it fit and most all I know do it as a part of the repair. Most all I know will straighten out the plate also for no charged andirectly inform you you need to get new ones if damaged too much.

So all in all it looks like he was looking for reactions and got it.

I would assume that this being a state that required front license plates that the shop would basically be required to have mounted the plate to let the customer leave

The minimum distance is two car length. 1 car length every 10 mphs.

He was closer than 2 car lengths. (almost needs to be 3 car lengths as the picture showcased 29 mph)

That's called reckless driving.

That's basically the end of the story.

Again, what I am saying is what the cop did is the same thing people who try to commit fraud do. If you think that's ok, me and you disagree.

And depending on the state, although hard to prove normally, this video could put partial blame on the officer if an accident would have occurred.

And without a doubt, this would have been investigated by what we call "siu" special investigations unit, for potential fraud.

I would assume that this being a state that required front license plates that the shop would basically be required to have mounted the plate to let the customer leave

Most likely it would be a shop policy to prevent people calling back mad wanting the shop to pay their ticket if they got one.

Who gets on a cops ass? You always give cops plenty of space because it is not worth headache of shit like this.

Take not that he just HAD to end the video with "thank you for serving and protecting! HAAAA" snide remark.

Hardly a victim.
Because the ticket was bullshit and the cop was a pile of it. I would have said even worse.

Again, what I am saying is what the cop did is the same thing people who try to commit fraud do. If you think that's ok, me and you disagree.

And depending on the state, although hard to prove normally, this video could put partial blame on the officer if an accident would have occurred.

And without a doubt, this would have been investigated by what we call "siu" special investigations unit, for potential fraud.

Driving that close to someone is irresponsible. It's a bad habit and needs to be squashed. Slamming on the brakes was the wrong way to go about it. However, pulling to the side, letting the guy pass and then pulling him over would have be better.

The sad part is that this guy hasn't learned a lesson and just feels he's being oppressed...maybe a BLM deal with him. Like the other poster stated, he went out looking for a confrontation and got one.

Driving that close to someone is irresponsible. It's a bad habit and needs to be squashed. Slamming on the brakes was the wrong way to go about it. However, pulling to the side, letting the guy pass and then pulling him over would have be better.

The sad part is that this guy hasn't learned a lesson and just feels he's being oppressed...maybe a BLM deal with him. Like the other poster stated, he went out looking for a confrontation and got one.
Im pretty sure hes not black. He looks middle eastern and his name is Omar. Seems to me you have an automatic bias agai st anyone with dark skin contesting a cop and thats real sad.

why would you ride a cops ass anyway, illegal tailgating or not.....

cmon son, part the red sea for them cats get them on their way

Im pretty sure hes not black. He looks middle eastern and his name is Omar. Seems to me you have an automatic bias agai st anyone with dark skin contesting a cop and thats real sad.

I dunno he looked black to me. And he's filming while driving...and blatantly tailing gating a police officer. On top of that he had a snide attitude after getting the confrontation he was hoping to have.

Seems pretty much in line with the MO of your typical BLM warrior.

I'm comfy with the assumption. It's not like they've earned it or anything.

giphy.gif

What's amusing to me about this video is that cops are among the worst tailgaters in existence, if that's indeed tailgating. They'll ride behind you at that distance all the time.

Not only that, but they'll speed, roll through stop signs, turn on their lights to blow through reds, etc. then turn around and do something like this and try to issue people tickets for it. Hypocritical to the max.

Mind you, not all cops are like this, but so many are. It's a rather sad state of affairs.

I think many here would lose it if they dealt w/ MPs more often. They can search you AT ANY TIME on base, w/ zero Probable Cause. Even random inspections at the gate, got em

and if you drive like 3 mph over the speed limit....good luck

Back