Cop tries to serve and protect by brake checking civilian with dash cam

Best thing I got from this thread is that you can get a ticket for not having a front license plate? WTF. I haven't had the front plate on my car for YEARS and luckily never gotten pulled over *knocks on wood*. I have it in the back, admittedly because my car would look look less sleek with a plate i the front. Shit looks way cleaner without it.
I got pulled over by bridge patrol for not having a front plate....the car was less than a week old, it had a paper tag in the rear. Anyhow, Bridge patrol in Maryland are known for being absolutely ridiculous.

Cop wasn't too bright.

Neither was the gentleman following a police car that closely while having illegal tint and no front plate.

Btw, he says his plate is in the trunk because his car was just repaired. What are the chances he had front end damage from riding up someone else's ass?

These cops need to be fired. They clearly have nothing better to do than troll motorists.

I despise tailgaters, but that wasn't tailgating.

My intuition tells me that this guy had a camera in his car and decided to follow cops around in order to "win" against them. In any case that cops wrong and he's a piece of shit. That video looks like it's good enough to get the guy off in court and maybe even have the judge say a few words to the officer. At least that would be the likely outcome in Canada.

I was just going to say if you think that is tailgate you must be old.

Watching the video, I'd say he left about a "1 second gap". I believe a "2 second gap" should be the minimum. In the driver's defense, he was able to safely stop in time. I still consider him to have been too close though but I realise everyone's definition of tailgating is different.

Having said that, the cop was an idiot. He can't even speak English properly and he performed a very unorthodox pullover- he should be retrained at the very least.

He indisputably had a point in pulling the driver over due to the missing license plate- but I don't think he even noticed it missing until he mentioned that he couldn't see it in his rearview mirror.

My intuition tells me that this guy had a camera in his car and decided to follow cops around in order to "win" against them. In any case that cops wrong and he's a piece of shit. That video looks like it's good enough to get the guy off in court and maybe even have the judge say a few words to the officer. At least that would be the likely outcome in Canada.
I have a camera in my car too. Its for accident protection because accidents often come down to he said she said and to protect against erroneous tickets from police like this.

I have a camera in my car too. Its for accident protection because accidents often come down to he said she said and to protect against erroneous tickets from police like this.
How much does that cost? I just got bit by some dumb cunt running a red light.

I
Watching the video, I'd say he left about a "1 second gap". I believe a "2 second gap" should be the minimum. In the driver's defense, he was able to safely stop in time. I still consider him to have been too close though but I realise everyone's definition of tailgating is different.

Having said that, the cop was an idiot. He can't even speak English properly and he performed a very unorthodox pullover- he should be retrained at the very least.

He indisputably had a point in pulling the driver over due to the missing license plate- but I don't think he even noticed it missing until he mentioned that he couldn't see it in his rearview mirror.
it takes longer than one second for the human brain to even process a reaction to an obstacle suddenly appearing such as a brake check or pedestrian. Then additional time to respond and bring the car to a full stop. This guy didnt even hit the cop, therefore there was more than 1 second in between and you can clearly see several cars could fit between him and the cop up until the cop brake checked him.

How much does that cost? I just got bit by some dumb cunt running a red light.
I have a rather good one which was about $200 dod460 the other $300 dod470+ (canadian prices) and i explain the reasons why in the thread linked below. Insurance is very picky about the clarity of your footage, even if you catch the collision if your location (street signs) and the clarity such as traffic lights in the distance give room for any dispute its not as strong as you would think . They may still decide to divide fault. They want to be able to see street names, lights and plates very clearly and going down in price can sacrifice image quality especially at night. There are sample footage all over youtube of various cameras and i still think my dods are the best of any ive seen. I would recommend the $200 dod460 model it has everything you need and provides great image quality during day and night.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dash-cameras-who-has-one-what-do-you-have.3427961/

I
it takes longer than one second for the human brain to even process a reaction to an obstacle suddenly appearing such as a brake check or pedestrian. Then additional time to respond and bring the car to a full stop. This guy didnt even hit the cop, therefore there was more than 1 second in between and you can clearly see several cars could fit between him and the cop up until the cop brake checked him.

It certainly does not take over a second for the brain to process something like that.

Where do you get that from?

That's not tailgating, they're bumpers didn't even touch.

I don't know if he was out trying to bait cops but he certainly seemed to be trying to make it worse after the fact with his comments.

LOL @ needing a front plate.

Winning in PA.

Also, not tailgating.

Lol, you know how we know for a fact he wasn't tailgating?

The fact that the cop break checked him, and he didn't hit the dop.

Well played though. If you were an unapologetic cop defender that thought no cop could do any wrong, I would make the conversation about whether the guy was tailgating, not WTF was that cop doing break checking someone........

He didn't hit the cop but it was close. Had he been looking in a mirror or towards his blind spot or down checking the radio...yes he would have hit the cop.

That was tail gating.

The distance between you and the lead car is mandatory to help BOTH drivers feel safe. Having someone up close on you tends to also stress out the lead driver.

So stop bring pricks.

Fuck that cop.

If he wanted to pull him over for no tag, fine, but the cop should have pulled to side,let him pass then pull him over.

That wasn't tailgating.

Fuck that cop.

If he wanted to pull him over for no tag, fine, but the cop should have pulled to side,let him pass then pull him over.

That wasn't tailgating.

If someone is that close to me at that speed I'd find it uncomfortable and tail gating.

It's tail gating.

2 seconds for each 10 mile per hour as a minimum is the rule.

The guy was a little close, just at the distance to be able to stop most likely but still close enough to piss people off. Which was the point I believe. Plus he took off the front plate to add to this. If he just had the car repaired they body shop would have put the plate back on to make sure it fit and most all I know do it as a part of the repair. Most all I know will straighten out the plate also for no charged andirectly inform you you need to get new ones if damaged too much.

So all in all it looks like he was looking for reactions and got it.

Last edited:
Back