Conservatives complaining about liberal media is like sherdoggers complaining about oblique kicks

Newave

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I've never understood how a group that prides themselves on being "self-reliant" could develop such a victim complex when it comes to media and messaging. Just like sherdoggers who complain about the "unfairness" of Jon Jones oblique kicks, conservatives are constantly whining that liberals media outlets are "unfairly" disparaging Trump. Just like Jones, liberal media aren't breaking any rules. They are taking advantage of the system and doing whatever it takes to win this "fight." This is a marketing "war" and the liberals are simply better at and more equipped to fight it. Complaining about unfair treatment does nothing to help conservatives win in November, and just makes them look weak.

Less than a decade ago conservative republicans were a group that for years touted themselves as the tough cowboys that will punch all the sissy libs in the face before riding off into the sunset with their six shooters.

Now they do nothing but cry about BLM protesters, dat darn liberal media, and cower in fear that the big bad Obama and Hillary are gonna come taker their guns. They're afraid of two people of the same sex enjoying the same legal benefits as hetero couples, and afraid and insecure of a transgendered person using a damn toilet.

All the while they run around calling everyone else cucks. They sound like the sissies to me. Afraid of everything and everyone, living in fear of minority groups the world over.

Yeah, why would anyone think state-sponsored propaganda machines being the most widespread form of "news" could lead to anything bad.

this place is officially insane. nice chatting with you all the last couple of months.

I've never understood how a group that prides themselves on being "self-reliant" could develop such a victim complex when it comes to media and messaging. Just like sherdoggers who complain about the "unfairness" of Jon Jones oblique kicks, conservatives are constantly whining that liberals media outlets are "unfairly" disparaging Trump. Just like Jones, liberal media aren't breaking any rules. They are taking advantage of the system and doing whatever it takes to win this "fight." This is a marketing "war" and the liberals are simply better at and more equipped to fight it. Complaining about unfair treatment does nothing to help conservatives win in November, and just makes them look weak.

Bad comparison. You have people that aren't "self reliant" (as you say) buying into propaganda voting in crook after crook

Less than a decade ago conservative republicans were a group that for years touted themselves as the tough cowboys that will punch all the sissy libs in the face before riding off into the sunset with their six shooters.

Now they do nothing but cry about BLM protesters, dat darn liberal media, and cower in fear that the big bad Obama and Hillary are gonna come taker their guns. They're afraid of two people of the same sex enjoying the same legal benefits as hetero couples, and afraid and insecure of a transgendered person using a damn toilet.

All the while they run around calling everyone else cucks. They sound like the sissies to me. Afraid of everything and everyone, living in fear of minority groups the world over.

No shit, lol.

If you know the main stream media is bias why do the people on the left keep saying it isn't.

I mean we all know and admit fox is but CNN or the others some how are not.

Just admit it and move on.

The only bull shit part is not admitting it is.

If you know the main stream media is bias why do the people on the left keep saying it isn't.

Who cares if the left admits their media is biased. We know it, we don't need them to agree with us. I agree with the OP in this regard, we spend way too much time whining about how unfair the left is to us then turn around and label them as weak or crybabies or something else.

We have our own media, it's biased. We don't run around demanding that our media suddenly adopt middle of the road coverage. We shouldn't be surprised or bothered that the left has their own or if they're going to admit it.

To the best of my knowledge...we're winning the media wars. If we're winning, why are we complaining?

Whaaam trump is getting bad coverage from the media! Lol, and the people on the left are the Sjw right? If we look at ratings fox news destroys CNN or cnbc, and have the more views country wide, their hit pieces and shows like O'Reilly and Hannity are massive propaganda. Even Megan Kelly asked the Republicans harder questions, when on the other channels debates it was softball after softball. That really got me to hate that fairy Anderson Cooper.

The notion that the mainstream media has a left-leaning bias is ridiculous. Not supported by the evidence and makes no sense when you think about it (in terms of the "why").

Conservatives in 2008 - Obama is a wimp! He wears mom jeans! He's as soft as soft serve ice cream. We'll walk all over this guy! What a joke.

Conservatives in 2016 - Obama is a blood thirsty tyrant at war who wants to force us to get gay married, chop off our weiners and take our guns!!!!! Please someone save us!!!!!!

Who cares if the left admits their media is biased. We know it, we don't need them to agree with us. I agree with the OP in this regard, we spend way too much time whining about how unfair the left is to us then turn around and label them as weak or crybabies or something else.

We have our own media, it's biased. We don't run around demanding that our media suddenly adopt middle of the road coverage. We shouldn't be surprised or bothered that the left has their own or if they're going to admit it.

To the best of my knowledge...we're winning the media wars. If we're winning, why are we complaining?

I want them all to present facts without their personal spin. Pundits and talk show hosts are a different story but journalists should present the facts.

The Right isn't winning the media war. They have the highest rated news outlet because it is the only right leaning outlet.

Go to any search engine on the internet, or CNN, NBC, ABC, etc and you will be hit with a wall of propaganda.

lol this deserves a nomination for thread title of the week.

Media outlets tend to lean in the direction where the majority of their audience is.

CNN has more viewers that would identify as liberal so they tend to lean a little left.

Almost all FOXNews viewers are conservative so they lean way to the right. They've been ridiculously successful in doing this.

MSNBC was way left, but that's proven to be a shit TV demographic to "own". In order for the business to survive they needed move back towards the middle a bit and they have had big ratings gains as a result.

etc..

It's just business, not a nefarious conspiracy.

Last edited:

The concept of news is an inherently liberal concept. It's going to naturally have a liberal slant.

Media outlets tend to lean in the direction where the majority of their audience is.

This is correct. Better to adjust it to target audience, rather than existing audience, though. Now, look at the demographics of TV and print media consumers. That's why the "liberal media" CT never made any sense.

CNN has more viewers that would identify as liberal so they tend to lean a little left.

Can you link to a source on that? Seems unlikely to me.

I want them all to present facts without their personal spin. Pundits and talk show hosts are a different story but journalists should present the facts.

The Right isn't winning the media war. They have the highest rated news outlet because it is the only right leaning outlet.

Go to any search engine on the internet, or CNN, NBC, ABC, etc and you will be hit with a wall of propaganda.

When we present facts without personal spin then we can demand that of others. I've listened to some of the most absurd spins I've ever heard come out of our media. It got to the point where even I was like "C'mon, that doesn't even make sense except in the most biased way possible."

And we are winning the media war. We have the highest rated channel and we dominate talk radio.

Now, we need to draw a line between propaganda and news we don't like. We've reached this point where everything we don't like is labeled propaganda. The spin out of our media is so crazy that we don't even recognize neutral facts anymore.

That's fine...right up to the point that we start crying about it from the left. Goose, gander, etc.

I can't stand the hypocrisy in the party: "Liberals keep playing identity politics --> white people need more protection. Men need more protection." "Liberals don't care about the deficit --> let's up our military spending and cut taxes on the rich without meaningful cost reductions...except against the poor." "Liberals keep using biased media -->but I refuse to watch anything but Fox News and listen to Limbaugh." "People are voting for liberals against their self-interest --> Let's cut all the programs that benefit those people."

What the hell are we talking about?

Criticising Trump doesn't reflect liberal bias. The guy's strategy was to troll for presidency, if they were biased against him they shouldn't have covered his dog and pony show.
Locally, our right-leaning mainstream media and our left-leaning public media have covered him in much the same way. Like tabloid trash gone viral...

The notion that the mainstream media has a left-leaning bias is ridiculous. Not supported by the evidence and makes no sense when you think about it (in terms of the "why").

You are living in a fantasy world. Example after example has been listed on this forum about CNN/MSNBC, shit, even ESPN.
You are naive or a liar. Pick.

Can you link to a source on that? Seems unlikely to me.

I was able to find a Pew Study from 2012 that seems to indicate they have more liberal viewers. http://www.people-press.org/2012/09/27/section-4-demographics-and-political-views-of-news-audiences/

There are slightly more registered democrats than republicans no? It would make sense to me for a news network whose business model involved catering to as wide an audience as possible to reflect that slight imbalance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back