Elections Trudeau: from darling to dud — the liberal leader is facing election destruction in ‘25

Never voted for Trudeau/liberals with him as leader. But I also don't want Peter Pepper as PM

Last edited:
Don't kid yourself. He's going to bring enough votes into Canada to win another minority.

Would also be nice if people actually got out to vote so a 3rd of the country doesn't select our leadership.

I keep hearing about this but skeptical. Will believe it after election night. Two years out doesn’t really mean anything. But my exposure to Canadian politics is close to none.

Never voted for Trudeau/liberals with him as leader. But I also don't want Peter Pepper as PM
I honestly do not want any current candidates as PM.

Singh is worse than useless SJW and the working class misses jack layton. Trudeau is a cluster fuck bullshitter who relies on posturing as left to waste koney on BS so he can appoint friends and family to positions to siphon money.

PP talks the talk but won't walk the walk. I'll be a fucking non alcoholic ruling class dad before I believe PP will crush the accumulated wealth of boomers to make good on his rhetoric.

Jesus christ, I might vote green next election and I don't give a rats ass about environmental shit

He's an arrogant twat who uses a lot of rhetoric while never bringing up real solutions.
Eh, at least you answered.

I'm not a big fan of the guy, but he probably has my vote this time around due to the dearth of reasonable options otherwise. That being said, does being arrogant make you "mini-Trump" and do you think it's reasonable to expect fleshed out policy positions almost two years before an election?

On the side of real solutions, I mean, housing is in the running for Canada's #1 issue for voters at the moment, and around the time you were making this post the guy popped this video out:

A ways in there there are several plans of action identified to deal with housing. You can critique them, but what kind of "real solution" are you expecting from the leader of the opposition almost two years out from the election (needs to be done by October 2025)? As it stands, some of the Conservative proposals that have been made have suddenly ended up in the Liberal playbook - good for Canadians, but not good for Conservatives.

I'm asking this in earnest. I've seen a lot of people compare the guy to Trump and I just don't see it in any but the most broad senses, and if "he's arrogant" is enough, well, no shortage of mini-Trumps in politics then. As for "real solutions"... The Conservatives are a party with zero actual power and almost two years to an election. Any non-vague policy proposals will not be put forward until much closer to the time when they can actually implement them.

Personally, I think PP is a total reactionary, and he may not actually have the people and political skills to actual lead, particularly on the international side of things. What's more, Canada's political incentive structure simply isn't set up to actual tank housing prices, so I have my doubts he's going to be great on that either - though I suspect better than Trudeau or Singh would be. He's basically a hammer and Trudeau is a nail at this point, and all we know he can do is bash things - mainly Trudeau, and sometimes media who (to be fair to him) sometimes asks him stupidly loaded questions. I have my doubts, but I don't see a Trump in him and it really is just such an easy way to critique someone these days that it's a bit lazy, and expecting some sort of fleshed out solutions this far in advance seems a bit unrealistic to me. He may yet lose my vote depending on what he does - but, that'll be hard, because this country really needs Trudeau out.

I'm not really plugged in to Canadian politics, but can any Canadian sherbros confirm what Trudeau's deal is?

I mean from the outside looking in, listening to his speeches/interviews he comes across as stupid. And I mean genuinely low IQ. Is it an act?

You
Eh, at least you answered.

I'm not a big fan of the guy, but he probably has my vote this time around due to the dearth of reasonable options otherwise. That being said, does being arrogant make you "mini-Trump" and do you think it's reasonable to expect fleshed out policy positions almost two years before an election?

On the side of real solutions, I mean, housing is in the running for Canada's #1 issue for voters at the moment, and around the time you were making this post the guy popped this video out:

A ways in there there are several plans of action identified to deal with housing. You can critique them, but what kind of "real solution" are you expecting from the leader of the opposition almost two years out from the election (needs to be done by October 2025)? As it stands, some of the Conservative proposals that have been made have suddenly ended up in the Liberal playbook - good for Canadians, but not good for Conservatives.

I'm asking this in earnest. I've seen a lot of people compare the guy to Trump and I just don't see it in any but the most broad senses, and if "he's arrogant" is enough, well, no shortage of mini-Trumps in politics then. As for "real solutions"... The Conservatives are a party with zero actual power and almost two years to an election. Any non-vague policy proposals will not be put forward until much closer to the time when they can actually implement them.

Personally, I think PP is a total reactionary, and he may not actually have the people and political skills to actual lead, particularly on the international side of things. What's more, Canada's political incentive structure simply isn't set up to actual tank housing prices, so I have my doubts he's going to be great on that either - though I suspect better than Trudeau or Singh would be. He's basically a hammer and Trudeau is a nail at this point, and all we know he can do is bash things - mainly Trudeau, and sometimes media who (to be fair to him) sometimes asks him stupidly loaded questions. I have my doubts, but I don't see a Trump in him and it really is just such an easy way to critique someone these days that it's a bit lazy, and expecting some sort of fleshed out solutions this far in advance seems a bit unrealistic to me. He may yet lose my vote depending on what he does - but, that'll be hard, because this country really needs Trudeau out.

You're right that liberals have taken plays from the Con playbook. I think that is great and evidence that the Cons under PP have merit. I have seen PP speak twice. He is PM material far more than any other leader we have. He is much softer than the media portrays him.

When is the west going to start producing some decent leaders again? It seems like we're all just forced to choose between dumb and dumber on election day and it's been that way for quite a while.

When is the west going to start producing some decent leaders again? It seems like we're all just forced to choose between dumb and dumber on election day and it's been that way for quite a while.

Around the time we get off our sorry asses, vote out every single incumbent at all levels of government, and demand that their replacements do their fucking jobs or we vote them out too. If that still doesn't work there's always boiled rope and guillotines.

But as long as everyone's just raging at each other on the internet rather than taking action in the real world, we're just going to get more morons in power.

I'm not really plugged in to Canadian politics, but can any Canadian sherbros confirm what Trudeau's deal is?

I mean from the outside looking in, listening to his speeches/interviews he comes across as stupid. And I mean genuinely low IQ. Is it an act?
He's dumb as dirt. Walking theatre. Literally, he's a high school drama teacher. His lineage to power is precisely what's wrong with modern politics.

The Bloc party really seems to take a lot more votes from Conservatives than Liberals in Quebec.
Yep. Made a post about this a while back:

"Keeping in mind that the Quebec vote is largely split between Liberals and the Bloc, and the Bloc is a nationalist party, that 1.3 million votes for the Bloc are essentially people who are voting along lines of nationalism sovereignty or national identity. Those are not "left" votes. These are votes that the Conservatives will likely never get, but it's a split where a huge chunk of right leaning voters - voting for nation and ethnicity - are siphoned off from Canada's largest right leaning party. If you add in the People's Party as well, together that's another 2.1 million votes that have a solid claim to being right leaning in Canada, and an analysis that leaves them out when considering how left or right leaning Canada is is either stupid, dishonest, or partisan.

My guess is that the broad left/right divide in Canada is probably more like a 40/60 or 45/55 split in favour of clear left leaning voters rather than the 33/66 type of split people will uncritically say and expect you to believe. Canada has a lot of people who hang near the center - again, I'm what a Canadian Liberal voter of several decades looks like. This talking point is persistent though, but it is an empty partisan one meant to paint a false picture of what the Canadian electorate looks like.
"

Conservatives, in Canada's second largest province, have a tiny footprint, and an unapologetically ethno-nationalist party fights the Liberals for dominance there. There are a lot of Quebecers who would likely vote Conservative if it weren't for the existence of what is, again, an ethno-nationalist party in the heart of supposedly hyper-progressive Canada.

Believe it or not, the Liberals have have tended to be somewhat centrist themselves, historically, with a willingly to push policy positions that edge into what is now considered conservative territory. The social-issue pez dispenser that it has become is a very recent development.

He literally wore blackface multiple times and still won. He will win again and it won't be close.

He's dumb as dirt. Walking theatre. Literally, he's a high school drama teacher. His lineage to power is precisely what's wrong with modern politics.

Part time Drama teacher at that. Lived on tax payers money his whole and will continue to do so. my late father died just before Trudeau got in and he said if he get's in this country will be in more debt then you could imagine....boy was he right just like his father put Canada into debt.

He literally wore blackface multiple times and still won. He will win again and it won't be close.
Not sure this will the case this time. Polls are showing P.P. with a massive lead it's his to lose at this point.

Back