Conservatives complaining about liberal media is like sherdoggers complaining about oblique kicks

Yeah, why would anyone think state-sponsored propaganda machines being the most widespread form of "news" could lead to anything bad.

Hey now, don't be reasonable. These liberals are mindless robots and you'll upset them. They'll call you racist.

The word propaganda triggers me. It reminds me of the Nazi's. They hated minorities. So don't say it.

Who cares if the left admits their media is biased. We know it, we don't need them to agree with us. I agree with the OP in this regard, we spend way too much time whining about how unfair the left is to us then turn around and label them as weak or crybabies or something else.

We have our own media, it's biased. We don't run around demanding that our media suddenly adopt middle of the road coverage. We shouldn't be surprised or bothered that the left has their own or if they're going to admit it.

To the best of my knowledge...we're winning the media wars. If we're winning, why are we complaining?

Yes to an extent I agree with you.

But then you have people like below that are so far in the left they refuse to see how things are.

It will do no good to try and get them to admit it as they are so invested they refuse to see.

I don't consider fight the ones that want to take away what you believe in not worth fighting.

If you are silent they consider it a win and move to take more.

The notion that the mainstream media has a left-leaning bias is ridiculous. Not supported by the evidence and makes no sense when you think about it (in terms of the "why").

I was able to find a Pew Study from 2012 that seems to indicate they have more liberal viewers. http://www.people-press.org/2012/09/27/section-4-demographics-and-political-views-of-news-audiences/

There are slightly more registered democrats than republicans no? It would make sense to me for a news network whose business model involved catering to as wide an audience as possible would reflect that slight imbalance.

Thanks.

There are slightly more registered Democrats, yes, but more self-identified conservatives. The demographics of cable news viewers differ from the population overall in ways that would tend to make them skew conservative.

Yes to an extent I agree with you.

But then you have people like below that are so far in the left they refuse to see how things are.

It will do no good to try and get them to admit it as they are so invested they refuse to see.

I don't consider fight the ones that want to take away what you believe in not worth fighting.

If you are silent they consider it a win and move to take more.

But we're not silent. We have our own media. That's why I don't see what we're complaining about. We can take more without also crying about what they're doing.

My gut is that this is like a sports team that's losing a game. But rather than investigate why they're losing, they start insisting that the rules are unfair.

I don't know if you play much pick up basketball. You ever notice that when some guys start losing, they suddenly start calling every ticky tack foul? I feel that's become us.

We lost in 08 and just started screaming that the game is rigged. But we control the House, the Senate, most state legislatures, etc. When did we start seeing ourselves as victimized instead of seeing an opportunity to improve?

I want them all to present facts without their personal spin. Pundits and talk show hosts are a different story but journalists should present the facts.

Do you also want Jon Jones to stop using oblique kicks? Or instead of making more rules, shouldn't fighters learn how to counter them? Similarly, what sense does it make to force journalist and private news outlets to report how you want them to? Instead, shouldn't conservatives strengthen their own messaging and media infrastructure?

I've never understood how a group that prides themselves on being "self-reliant" could develop such a victim complex when it comes to media and messaging. Just like sherdoggers who complain about the "unfairness" of Jon Jones oblique kicks, conservatives are constantly whining that liberals media outlets are "unfairly" disparaging Trump. Just like Jones, liberal media aren't breaking any rules. They are taking advantage of the system and doing whatever it takes to win this "fight." This is a marketing "war" and the liberals are simply better at and more equipped to fight it. Complaining about unfair treatment does nothing to help conservatives win in November, and just makes them look weak.

I don't think anyone is "whining". Pointing out hypocrisy is a better term. The Left constantly lies about Trump. They constantly lie about Steve King. Which I don't understand, because you don't need to lie about either of them. Their statements are usually awful enough by themselves.

I don't think anyone is "whining". Pointing out hypocrisy is a better term. The Left constantly lies about Trump. They constantly lie about Steve King. Which I don't understand, because you don't need to lie about either of them. Their statements are usually awful enough by themselves.

Chocolate is good by itself. But when combined with peanut butter, its even better.

After all these videos that've been surfacing, no-go zones in western country where you don't have the freedom of speech to insult Islam and ISIS admitted plan of taking over Western Civilization by means of peaceful conquest (I.e. migrating to the west and outbreeding the natives) I don't see how a sane objective person that believes in liberty can vote for Clinton.

I really don't. It's an issue where something must be done.

You guys know about "no-go zones" in the United States right?

Blah Blah Blah.... Yes we already no this TS. Straight white people aren't allowed to complain.

Last edited:
Thanks.

There are slightly more registered Democrats, yes, but more self-identified conservatives. The demographics of cable news viewers differ from the population overall in ways that would tend to make them skew conservative.

Do you think Hillary's plan will successfully prevent this? I don't think it will. I mean, talk about the Trojan Horse...

I mean, seriously. I'm rooting for you here. Show me how her plan will work. I want to believe in her, I really do. This is the hot issue for me right now, fuck everything else.

Last edited:
Chocolate is good by itself. But when combined with peanut butter, its even better.

Not really. When you do that, you invailidate the awfulness of the original horrible statement in the eyes of most people.

After all these videos that've been surfacing, no-go zones in western country where you don't have the freedom of speech to insult Islam and ISIS admitted plan of taking over Western Civilization by means of peaceful conquest (I.e. migrating to the west and outbreeding the natives) I don't see how a sane objective person that believes in liberty can vote for Clinton.

I really don't. It's an issue where something must be done.

You guys know about "no-go zones" in the United States right?

What does this have to do with the thread topic? Especially since many of us in this thread, including myself, aren't voting for Clinton?

conservacucks and their party were in power during both 9/11 and iraq war. they voted in bush twice lol. the closest the US came to killing OBL was under democrats and then he was killed by democrats.

Do you think Hillary's plan will successfully prevent this? I don't think it will. I mean, talk about the Trojan Horse...

I mean, seriously. I'm rooting for you here. Show me how her plan will work. I want to believe in her, I really do. This is the hot issue for me right now, fuck everything else.

Wait, what?

I've never understood how a group that prides themselves on being "self-reliant" could develop such a victim complex when it comes to media and messaging. Just like sherdoggers who complain about the "unfairness" of Jon Jones oblique kicks, conservatives are constantly whining that liberals media outlets are "unfairly" disparaging Trump. Just like Jones, liberal media aren't breaking any rules. They are taking advantage of the system and doing whatever it takes to win this "fight." This is a marketing "war" and the liberals are simply better at and more equipped to fight it. Complaining about unfair treatment does nothing to help conservatives win in November, and just makes them look weak.

Jones doesnt throw those strikes 98% of the time as well...

Back