Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz Possibly Being Held Up Due to Weight Issues

Okay, that makes sense...except for one thing.

How is he gonna bulk up to 170 and put on weight when he has to cut down to 145 and 155 to fight and defend those belts? That would seem a little hard to do...not to mention the grueling impact it'll have on Conor's actual health having to lose 30/40 pounds for a fight.

Or is everyone at 155 and 145 just gonna have to put their careers on hold so Conor can just run around and do whatever he wants?

RDA is out so there is no championship fight at 155 anyway.

For these high level athletes, simple diet alterations combined with the regularity and intensity of their training can easily lead to a 30lbs fluctuation in walk around weight over the time it takes for a camp.

Conor could (I think it's mad to do it) train now for a 170lb fight in early June, then comfortably work down to 155 or 145 by Christmas if he had the dedication to diet, which most of us don't.

If Diaz can't make '55 in ten days, what is he walking around at? He must be around 180?

Conor wants an interim belt so that's what he's gonna get. Dana's willing to do anything for him...especially protect him.

I say if he wants a belt so bad, just jump straight to WW and throw Robbie in there. Conor will quickly realize he ain't ready and should probably go back to FW where the competition is easier

I honestly don't get why Nate needs to make 155 unless it's for an interim belt.

First off an interim belt makes zero sense. RDA defended his title 3 months ago.

Second, forcing Nate to make 155 for no belt is just ridiculous. It's just piling up the disadvantages. It's not enough that he's already out of shape and zero preparation but now you want him to just destroy his body with a weight cut?

nate would win quite frankly, and I'm not ready for mcgoat to lose yet.

Conor wants to fight Lawler at 170lbs, but won't fight Nate at 165lbs?

Less of a fan if this is true.

RDA vs McGoat just needs to be rescheduled, I want mcgoat to have a legit chance at two weight divisions, dont think too much about his longevity atm.

It helps with promoting the lawler fight to casuals. He wants to sell that fight as being a 2 weight world champion attempting to capture a 3rd and achieve something nobody has ever done inside the octagon. Hold 3 belts at the same time and cement themselves as the p4p UFC greatest of all time.

That was his plan. Beat RDA, promote as a 2 weight champion going for the 3rd.
With RDA injured and UFC 200 so close by Conor needs to find another way to sell that narrative because 200 is too close to simply push the fight back and do it in the most legitimate way. Instead they're just exploiting the use of an interim title now for eventually promoting ufc 200 and then will look to legitimize the interim later.. Like he did with Aldo/mendes. And they can use the legitimacy angle when they finally get around to fighting.

Last edited:

The guy posting all the stuff about Diaz just tweeted this. Is this it?

The guy posting all the stuff about Diaz just tweeted this. Is this it?

Looks like a troll job to me. Who is he...? I'm just seeing that he's a huge "209 fan" and not much more.

Demetrious Johnson ducking Werdum.

in what dimension is that even remotely close to being relevant?

you have a guy in conor talking about his priorities:

1) make money
2) taking on ww

now he will forgo making money by not fighting a guy that is smaller than a WW?

in what dimension is that even remotely close to being relevant?

you have a guy in conor talking about his priorities:

1) make money
2) taking on ww

now he will forgo making money by not fighting a guy that is smaller than a WW?

1) Fighting at 155 for a belt will make him a lot of money
2) He clearly indicated his next goal is the LW belt. Then the WW belt. Get your facts straight.

DJ wants fights at FLW because that's where the belt he owns resides. Just because he doesn't want to go up in weight doesn't mean he's a beta. Conor is going for the LW belt, so he's not beta for not wanting to fight at a higher weight--especially at one where a belt doesn't even exist.

Try to keep up.

Back