Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz Possibly Being Held Up Due to Weight Issues

pettis????

That'd be a great fight, the only problem is Pettis is coming off not 1 but 2 losses. It's even harder to sell that than McGregor vs. Diaz or Cerrone, since at least both those guys won their last fights.

I bet it's money because Nate only got $20k/$20k for his last fight. How is that possible for a popular fighter who's been with the UFC for over 8 years?

Because he isn't very smart with his money and chose to take a signing bonus instead of a decent salary.

https://twitter.com/SpencerLazara/status/702238326762266624

From the looks of twitter, Nate doesn't think he can make 155 on 11 days notice and the UFC wants to keep the fight at 155. I don't see the issue with a 165 catch weight and it's hard to imagine Conor would have a big problem with it. What do you guys think?

I'm sure Tony ferguson is ready to go. He and Khabib have been training and Nate doesn't offer and much a threat if he is being leg kicked

Would be my second favorite option.
giphy.gif

That'd be a great fight, the only problem is Pettis is coming off not 1 but 2 losses. It's even harder to sell that than McGregor vs. Diaz or Cerrone, since at least both those guys won their last fights.
will casuals care?

he has the perfect style for mcgregor, godlike chin. would be an awesome fight.
nate will be like first round KO

It is funny how Conor talks about taking the 170 lb belt but when the chance to fight at 165 show up and save the show comes up he seems hesitant. You'd fight Robbie fucking Lawler at 170 but not Nate at 165?

Then when you realize he's always talking about being the bigger fighter and how everyone at Featherweight is a bunch of midgets it kind of puts things into perspective.

yea but Nate is in no position to request stipulations

this was built as 155 lb title bout after all

empty paper titles don't mean anything
Conor likes them. What they do is ensure he gets next shot at 155 title. If RDA drops out again, Conor becomes champion. Its a way to ensure this doesn't happen again against RDA.

will casuals care?

he has the perfect style for mcgregor, godlike chin. would be an awesome fight.
nate will be like first round KO

Well no, that's true, casuals wouldn't care. Casuals tune in for Kimbo vs. Dada500. Since casuals don't really care about the quality, though, it's best to go with the guy that is most famous. Even though he was on a Wheaties box, I don't think Pettis is nearly as much of a name as Nate. Cowboy is probably a bigger name than Pettis, too, though not as much as Nate.

It's too bad Dos Anjos didn't pull out two weeks ago. Then they could have done a press conference or some shit and they would have brawled and stuff, would've been really fun. As it is now if he gets the fight he's going to have to spend every waking moment on the treadmill and eating salads.

Back