Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz Possibly Being Held Up Due to Weight Issues

So from now on Conor can only fight for belts? Every Conor fight has to be a title fight? Why don't we just rename it the Ultimate Conor Championship.

It pretty much already is.

Yeah Conor ran his mouth and talked shit, now here's his chance, he ragged Aldo for not being a professional and showing up now Conor doesn't wanna show up unless it's for a glorified number one contender spot. There is no real belt on the line here.

Wait a minute, you were asking why he'd want to fight Lawler and not Diaz, then you bring this shit up about a fake belt on the line? I didn't realize Lawler was a fake champ.

Its most likely the UFC. Conor is prob 175-180 right now...you really think he wont fight someone at 165?

It is funny how Conor talks about taking the 170 lb belt but when the chance to fight at 165 show up and save the show comes up he seems hesitant. You'd fight Robbie fucking Lawler at 170 but not Nate at 165?

Then when you realize he's always talking about being the bigger fighter and how everyone at Featherweight is a bunch of midgets it kind of puts things into perspective.

well i think the point is that conor is angling to fight for the interim title. which i think is ridiculous considering that rda just defended....but it makes sense because he holds that kind of power. His decision of fighting or not, can be a revenue swing in the tens of millions.

fighting at a catchweight of 165 means he can't make this a interim title fight.

So from now on Conor can only fight for belts? Every Conor fight has to be a title fight? Why don't we just rename it the Ultimate Conor Championship.

Yeah Conor ran his mouth and talked shit, now here's his chance, he ragged Aldo for not being a professional and showing up now Conor doesn't wanna show up unless it's for a glorified number one contender spot. There is no real belt on the line here.

You just answered all your questions.

Pretty obvious Conor isn't interested in a catchweight fight because he wants an interim belt.

https://twitter.com/SpencerLazara/status/702238326762266624

From the looks of twitter, Nate doesn't think he can make 155 on 11 days notice and the UFC wants to keep the fight at 155. I don't see the issue with a 165 catch weight and it's hard to imagine Conor would have a big problem with it. What do you guys think?

Spencer is an IDIOT..

obviously conor wants to get the 155 belt FIRST, and THEN go up to WW and take that BELT, no fight some top 5 LIGHTWEIGHT at WELTERWEIGHT.

God are they trying to be dumb? haha.

Sounds like a good idea.

Dont worry once conor dusts of RDA he will fight lawler my question to you is what will you say than.

I'll say Head Clean Off....

Right after Lawler decapitates him with a head kick.

It pretty much already is.

Wait a minute, you were asking why he'd want to fight Lawler and not Diaz, then you bring this shit up about a fake belt on the line? I didn't realize Lawler was a fake champ.

Who said Lawler was the fake champ? You're the one who said Conor should only 'take the risk if it's for a belt' in regards to fighting Nate.

The interim Lightweight Title which would be on the line if he fought Nate isn't a real belt. It's a glorified number one contendership.

Lol, oh so an interim title has to be on the line huh?

Conor is being a hypocrite, he ragged on Aldo and talked shit about him not being professional, not showing up, how Conor always shows up, Conor's the one who said he wants three belts if he can fight at 170 why can't he fight at 165 to save this fight, to show up and do things the right way like he talked about when Aldo had to pull out?

If he's willing to fight Lawler he should be more than willing to fight Nate, fuck an interim title those don't mean shit.

Isn't RDA the one who fucked up the card? and not seen any actual news of Conor saying he won't fight somebody...

I'm not a Mcgregor fan by any standard. But anyone saying he's hesitant to accept the Diaz fight is delusional. He only ducks wrestlers with good boxing.

Who said Lawler was the fake champ? You're the one who said Conor should only 'take the risk if it's for a belt' in regards to fighting Nate.

The interim Lightweight Title which would be on the line if he fought Nate isn't a real belt. It's a glorified number one contendership.

The question YOU asked was "Why would Conor be willing to fight Lawler at 170 and not Nate at 165?"

But by all means, continue playing dumb.

Back