Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz Possibly Being Held Up Due to Weight Issues

The only official statement we've got so far came from Dana and he said Conor would fight anyone. Anything other than that is pure speculation. Maybe Nate would have a hard time making weight indeed, but I think it's really unlikely that McGregor would be ducking him.

If he really talked about moving up to 170 it's all because he wants that gold, not because he doesn't wanna fight this or that guy. Fuck, if he's willing to give it a shot at Lawler, why in the blue hell he would be scared of any other fight?

He doesn't get shit out of fighting Nate at 165, literally nothing

I really doubt it's Conor who has a problem with catchweight, I think the UFC wants all odds for Conor to win, and forcing Diaz to make that weight in short notice will be physically depleting

The UFCs fault for not having guys on stand by. They need to pay 1 or 2 guys to be ready to fill in. I guess they'll look over their options now and see what the best fight is. If Cerrone is ready then it probably wouldn't be an interim fight since Cerrone just got wrecked by RDA, so then if it's not interim, then it may as well be a catchweight fight with Nate since Nate's a top 55er anyways and a win for Conor builds his stock at LW.

Diaz fight makes no sense to me. And they would use the short notice excuse.

Ferguson and Cerrone the only fights to make. Both Ferguson and Cerrone are in shape and ready to go.

Cerrone makes no sense either.

It is funny how Conor talks about taking the 170 lb belt but when the chance to fight at 165 show up and save the show comes up he seems hesitant. You'd fight Robbie fucking Lawler at 170 but not Nate at 165?

Then when you realize he's always talking about being the bigger fighter and how everyone at Featherweight is a bunch of midgets it kind of puts things into perspective.

Is it really that hard to understand? Lawler is the ww champ. nate isn't a champion. End of story. Now, was it that difficult to understand.

The only official statement we've got so far came from Dana and he said Conor would fight anyone. Anything other than that is pure speculation. Maybe Nate would have a hard time making weight indeed, but I think it's really unlikely that McGregor would be ducking him.
I don't think it's Conor that has the issue with fighting at 165, I think it's the UFC. They seem very interested in an interim belt and to do that the fight would need to remain at 155.

It is funny how Conor talks about taking the 170 lb belt but when the chance to fight at 165 show up and save the show comes up he seems hesitant.

Shit, I must have missed it! What did Conor say?

Is that Spencer guy retarded?

Of course he'll take a fight at 170 with a belt on the line rather than a bloated LW with little to gain.

You are wrong, conor is the one fighter that walks the talk. It needs to be 155 for interim belt is all.

Lol, oh so an interim title has to be on the line huh?

Conor is being a hypocrite, he ragged on Aldo and talked shit about him not being professional, not showing up, how Conor always shows up, Conor's the one who said he wants three belts if he can fight at 170 why can't he fight at 165 to save this fight, to show up and do things the right way like he talked about when Aldo had to pull out?

If he's willing to fight Lawler he should be more than willing to fight Nate, fuck an interim title those don't mean shit.

I'd be more concerned with short notice weed issues

It is funny how Conor talks about taking the 170 lb belt but when the chance to fight at 165 show up and save the show comes up he seems hesitant. You'd fight Robbie fucking Lawler at 170 but not Nate at 165?

Then when you realize he's always talking about being the bigger fighter and how everyone at Featherweight is a bunch of midgets it kind of puts things into perspective.

Is it really that tough to understand? If you're going to take a risk, their might as well be a belt on the line.

So he's going up a weight class after embarrassing the GOAT of his division to take on someone who looks an absolute beast and when this beast of a man pulls out injured last minute, he's ducking because he's not taking a much easier fight another 10 lbs higher?

It's because you morons don't understand marketing. Make outrageous claims. Get headlines and people talking, get attention on yourself.

he sounds like a sherdogger lol
They all do right now, lol. Usually it's Botter acting like a child with the "I was first, I was first". But now it's all of them when in reality, Nate's trainer and manager are the ones that got the ball rolling on all this shit.

As far as I'm concerned Conor can do whatever the fuck he wants.

RDA is the one who pulled out.

Is it really that tough to understand? If you're going to take a risk, their might as well be a belt on the line.

So from now on Conor can only fight for belts? Every Conor fight has to be a title fight? Why don't we just rename it the Ultimate Conor Championship.

It's because you morons don't understand marketing. Make outrageous claims. Get headlines and people talking, get attention on yourself.

Yeah Conor ran his mouth and talked shit, now here's his chance, he ragged Aldo for not being a professional and showing up now Conor doesn't wanna show up unless it's for a glorified number one contender spot. There is no real belt on the line here.

So from now on Conor can only fight for belts? Every Conor fight has to be a title fight? Why don't we just rename it the Ultimate Conor Championship.

Yeah Conor ran his mouth and talked shit, now here's his chance, he ragged Aldo for not being a professional and showing up now Conor doesn't wanna show up unless it's for a glorified number one contender spot. There is no real belt on the line here.

Sounds like a good idea.

Dont worry once conor dusts of RDA he will fight lawler my question to you is what will you say than.

Back