Conor McGregor receives 6-month driving ban in Ireland

Speeding 95 on a 60 is a really serious deal to me. That’s a 2 ton steel object at near 100 mph. If that hit a bus, it’d likely kill everyone.

I know the intent is different but neglect is a very serious matter.

Too many people write speeding off as nothing but I live in a heavily traffic area where there are accidents every day and deaths are so common. Speeding is almost always a factor.
what is speeding????
what if the speed limit was 90? then 95 wouldnt be bad. its a arbritrary law to extort people

should have went to jail to teach this manlet a lesson

6 months for a speeding ticket even 30 over sounds excessive. I don't know anything about Ireland's laws but it makes me suspect he has had priors.

County Kildare has 222,000 people.
The town of Kildare has 8k
It is literally home of the Leprechaun. The other name for Leprechaun is Kildare Lurikeen.

Even luck has betrayed him. Conor is doomed.

the double champ drives wherever the fook he wants.

the Irish court system will do fookin nuttin

Though mcgregor apologies to no-one one? Absolutely no-one one? Just a judge and khabib.

Last edited:
Ireland, is mostly (what Canadian's call) narrow back roads combined with BMW, BENZ, AUDI, AND MINI COOPERS.

I'm actually more surprised he was caught.

This is the road he was caught on. Canada must have some gigantic roads if this is a back road.

1280px-N7_road_%28Ireland%29.jpg

what is speeding????
what if the speed limit was 90? then 95 wouldnt be bad. its a arbritrary law to extort people

It’s law set in place by elected officials. Often, these limits are based off of information gathered by engineers, statisticians, law enforcement and are even open to the voices of the citizens using these roads.

If a limit is set at 90, there must be data and reasoning indicating that those speeds are relatively safe. However, it isn’t and that is why you typically see speed limits on Hwys at 65-75 mph.

A lot more goes into it than just some people trying to hustle for money.

Oh no! No! NO!!!

Now he'll have to fly in his private jet wherever he goes. :(

RETARDED VICTIMLESS CITATION. NO ONE WAS HURT SO HOW CAN YOU STEAL SOMEONES FREEDOM TO TRAVEL?
They didn't, he still got Artem, Dillon & Dee to drive him around. Stop making it sound do dramatic. Just because he's famous doesn't mean he doesn't abide to the same laws you and I do.

what is speeding????

It is a law based on reaction time and time for the car to come to a complete stop. It is a very sensible law that keeps children alive.

gallery_1423690491-screen_shot_2015-02-11_at_41512_pm.png

120 mph crash test.

“I’m a safe driver even though I speed” is not a good reason to speed. The margin for error is slim at high speeds and, when they happen, the destruction is exponential.

If you take two drivers, equal in all parts, and place them in a situation where there is an accident, while the only difference is that one is going twice the speed of the other, there will be quite a large disparity in the damage.

I don’t know what the rush is anyways. Every day, I see people speeding and weaving through traffic. Minutes later, I end up next to them at a traffic light. It doesn’t really save you much more time.

Most bad drivers speed. Not all people who speed are bad drivers. 60-70mph typically means people going 85+ around here on the highway.

i am a safe driver. i am always aware of the road, rarely have any conversations with passengers, leave 3-5 second space cushions, check my mirrors constantly, check blind spots twice and two lanes over for potential merging cars, no distracted driving cell phone use or otherwise... and i speed when the road conditions are safe for it. i slow down wheb passing other cars but generally go 20+ mph over the speed limit on highways unless its a construction zone. i dont speed on city streets.

speeding in and of itself isnt dangerous when the posted speed limit doesnt reflect the actual road rating like on our highway system in the us.

in 20 years of driving i have 5-10 speeding tickets and 0 at fault accidents, 1 accident where a lady rear ended me in traffic but i had enough cushion in frontof me so that she couldnt push my car into the next one.

speeding isnt the issue. bad driving is.

Right... but speeding is a HUGE factor. Being a bad driver going 30mph will yield a lot less damage than 95.

RETARDED VICTIMLESS CITATION. NO ONE WAS HURT SO HOW CAN YOU STEAL SOMEONES FREEDOM TO TRAVEL?

I shoot my guns all over the neighborhood. I haven't shot anyone yet so it's a victimless crime. Why do the police think they can take my guns when nobody was even hurt?

Back