Conor McGregor Net Worth

Could be but the UFC was a major influence on the PPV market and has been for a long time. It's been their main vehicle since the beginning. They have a very close relationship so I wouldn't be surprised if they got a better deal than that cut. Pro wrestling, boxing and MMA (the UFC in particular) all made PPV what it is today, a huge industry.

You may be right. I was just going by the industry standard.

Conor's cut from that line alone would've put some pretty good money in the bank and that's just outside the cage smart guy. So, let's use your own "logic" against you. Since I clearly don't know then you should, I mean you'd have to in order to essentially say I'm wrong. And no, obviously the PPV company would get a large portion but unless you can prove it's 50/50 in doing business with the UFC then you're no better than what I've claimed, see how that works?

My question to you, an "educated person" on this board. Roughly WHEN did McGregor hit the 1 million mark in estimated net worth? You're saying he wasn't after 3 or 4 fights in the UFC (lol) so keep this in mind. I await your answer.

Lol, uv still posted no monetary figures.
I'd have to do actual research (not guess everything like you) which would take me a while.
If you could post and find all his pay n sponsorship that you are actually aware of then that would be a great help.

You may be right. I was just going by the industry standard.

I don't know what the UFC's deal is with PPV but I know their relationship stretches clear back to 1993. It could be different for WWE/pro wrestling, boxing and the UFC/MMA. But just looking at the last gate, it would've more than covered McGregor's estimated payout by the time his PPV points were factored in with 3 million or so left to spare from that gate. Zuffa can certainly afford to pay McGregor 7 or 8 million without a sweat.

Lol, uv still posted no monetary figures.
I'd have to do actual research (not guess everything like you) which would take me a while.
If you could post and find all his pay n sponsorship that you are actually aware of then that would be a great help.

So you don't know then? Alright. And not everything is disclosed, something you keep forgetting. Conor may be receiving a portion of the gate for the events he headlines, it could be in his contract. We only have what we know from his contract, his last one, which is his disclosed payout + his PPV points at 3-5 per PPV unit sold. Above 700,000 buys, which he's done twice consecutively now, and that share increases to $4 or $5 per PPV sold for his cut.

What "should" be common sense to anyone with a working brain is that McGregor already had made his name and established his brand halfway through his UFC career thus far, and he's only fought in the UFC 7 times. That halfway mark is at between his 3rd (Brandao) and 4th (Poirier) fights. Unless you believe that he was still sub 1 million in net worth at that point until he headlined the FOX card with Dennis Siver to get his supposed title shot and the UFC just decided to invest boatloads of cash into promotion and a world tour for what would've been his much anticipated match-up with Aldo. LOL. Like I said, common sense. They wouldn't do this with a guy that wasn't already a made man that was still somewhat struggling financially, since it could affect his performance in the biggest fight of his career and one of the biggest in the company's history. It's only logical that he was already at the 1 million mark in net worth well before that point.

So you don't know then? Alright. And not everything is disclosed, something you keep forgetting. Conor may be receiving a portion of the gate for the events he headlines, it could be in his contract. We only have what we know from his contract, his last one, which is his disclosed payout + his PPV points at 3-5 per PPV unit sold. Above 700,000 buys, which he's done twice consecutively now, and that share increases to $4 or $5 per PPV sold for his cut.

What "should" be common sense to anyone with a working brain is that McGregor already had made his name and established his brand halfway through his UFC career thus far, and he's only fought in the UFC 7 times. That halfway mark is at between his 3rd (Brandao) and 4th (Poirier) fights. Unless you believe that he was still sub 1 million in net worth at that point until he headlined the FOX card with Dennis Siver to get his supposed title shot and the UFC just decided to invest boatloads of cash into promotion and a world tour for what would've been his much anticipated match-up with Aldo. LOL. Like I said, common sense. They wouldn't do this with a guy that wasn't already a made man that was still somewhat struggling financially, since it could affect his performance in the biggest fight of his career and one of the biggest in the company's history. It's only logical that he was already at the 1 million mark in net worth well before that point.
Just post his disclosed payments n we'll go from there

20-30 mil.

That is stupid. His net worth is more like $5 Million or less given his spending habits. It could be 12-15 by the end of the year though.

It is the taxes that gets you. He most likely has to pay double taxes, US and UK. His US tax burden is 38% income and 3% self-employment. Fortunately, he fights in Vegas with no state taxes.

Ireland takes another 40% so roughly 80% of his disclosed earnings are going to taxes. He might be able to arrange his PPV share to be paid in Ireland to avoid US taxes.

On top of that he lives in a VAT country which takes another 23% of all of his purchases, which are considerable.

It's more than that. He's been a millionaire since around the Poirier fight and made millions against Mendes and Aldo. Not sure what he was paid for the Siver fight but that wasn't on PPV it was on FOX. He sold his documentary to FOX for millions also. His next fight will be his biggest payday yet, 8-10 million from what I've read.
And of that he still has about turdy nine cents

Just post his disclosed payments n we'll go from there

Before we go any further, we should note that most international UFC events don’t have their fighter pay info released, so none of the following salary data for the event is official. However, you can get a fairly accurate picture of a fighter’s pay based on official purse info released from past fights. So, based on that info, here is the estimated pay breakdown for the 26 fighters that traded blows at the event (but please remember – this is only an estimate, not official info, especially for any fighters that made their UFC debuts at the event – for Strikeforce fighters that made their debut, we used their most recent Strikeforce pay level as their estimate). These numbers obviously also don’t include any PPV revenue, undisclosed bonuses and/or sponsorship money any of these fighters may have made.
^
In his first 4 fights, two were international events, his UFC debut (first fight) and his third fight against Brandao. He fought and beat Marcus Brimage, Max Holloway, Diego Brandao and Dustin Poirier in his first 4 fights. Here is his 'reported' earnings that were disclosed for each of them.

Conor McGregor: $76,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 win bonus, $60,000 Knockout of the Night bonus)

Conor McGregor: $24,000 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 win bonus)

Conor McGregor: $82,000 ($16,000 to show, $16,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus)

http://mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighte...-latifi-fighter-salaries-attendance-gate.html

Conor McGregor: $150,000 (includes $75,000 win bonus)
def. Dustin Poirier: $34,000

http://mmapayout.com/2014/09/ufc-178-payout-perspective/

Now, before taxes, his total reported earnings totaled approximately $332,000. That's already a third of a million right there. Factor in his sponsorship money (multiple sponsors) including his own Dethrone "Stay Ready" line of apparel, any undisclosed pay (so-called "backstage bonuses") and gifts from Zuffa, and his "Notorious" RTE six-part documentary which was sold to FOX, and that would make the 1 million net worth mark quite easily. How? Because he was making money outside of the cage and not just inside it. At least a reported third of that million dollar total was made inside the cage in his first 4 fights.

In his 5th fight he headlined and fought Dennis Siver on FOX where he grabbed $170,000, then came Mendes where his pay drastically increased to $500,000 + PPV share money, and then came Aldo, where his disclosed pay was $500,000 + even more PPV share money.

Does he get a cut of either of the last few gates he's headlined? Nobody knows but him and Zuffa.

That is stupid. His net worth is more like $5 Million or less given his spending habits. It could be 12-15 by the end of the year though.

It is the taxes that gets you. He most likely has to pay double taxes, US and UK. His US tax burden is 38% income and 3% self-employment. Fortunately, he fights in Vegas with no state taxes.

Ireland takes another 40% so roughly 80% of his disclosed earnings are going to taxes. He might be able to arrange his PPV share to be paid in Ireland to avoid US taxes.

On top of that he lives in a VAT country which takes another 23% of all of his purchases, which are considerable.

While I agree with you that his net worth is likely a little exaggerated, as far as taxes go, it doesn't work quite like that. You can't be taxed on the same money twice. Conor's taxable income in the UK would be reduced by the taxes he had already paid to the IRS. Therefore his taxable income in Ireland would be significantly less than what you are stating, and probably fall under a lower bracket.

Self-employment is not 3%, it's 12.4% up to 118K. When you work for someone as an employee, the employer pays 6.2% of FICA, and the employee pays 6.2%. When you work for yourself, ie., an 'independent contractor' as the UFC likes to put it, you are stuck with that full 12%.

Last edited:
@honzo , as you can see, there are multiple sources of income at play here. His first PPV fight was headlining at UFC 189 against Mendes in his 6th fight and then again at UFC 194 against Aldo in his 7th.

However, if McGregor wasn't already a multi-millionaire then how could he afford to bet both Dana and Lorenzo 3.5 million heading into his 6th fight (first PPV) against Mendes? You would need the cash on hand in order to even suggest it, and they'd know if you were full of shit or not because they'd say "show me the money". As it turns out, McGregor confirmed that he collected on that after putting Mendes away in the 2nd round. He allegedly won that 3.5 million dollar bet on top of what he got paid for beating and finishing Mendes.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/8...-his-bet-with-dana-white-was-actually-for-3-5

So, let's backtrack and find out where this money could've come from, since it clearly wasn't money that he earned inside the cage. He hadn't even had a PPV fight yet and had only reportedly earned 502K (first 5 fight earnings) total at the time. Do you think that maybe his Notorious documentary sold to FOX and his brand/image had something to do with this? I think so. Which would put him at the 1 million mark at around the exact timeframe I claimed, since others had said it as well. Hmmm.

Last edited:
You're also worth the assets that you own too tho, minus depreciation. If he straight out buys a $5 million mansion, he's still worth the $5 million.

All these watches, suits, cars, houses etc that he buys, he could probably actually sell for more just from the fact that McGregor even touched them, let alone worn/lived in. So he is actually profiting when he's making these expenses. There are many little things u wouldn't consider too, eg) a $50k/hour autograph session.

While I agree with you that his net worth is likely a little exaggerated, as far as taxes go, it doesn't work quite like that. You can't be taxed on the same money twice. Conor's taxable income in the UK would be reduced by the taxes he had already paid to the IRS. Therefore his taxable income in Ireland would be significantly less than what you are stating, and probably fall under a lower bracket.

Self-employment is not 3%, it's 12.4% up to 118K. When you work for someone as an employee, the employer pays 6.2% of FICA, and the employee pays 6.2%. When you work for yourself, ie., an 'independent contractor' as the UFC likes to put it, you are stuck with that full 12%.

You misunderstand - the 3% is the medicare tax self-employment. the social security tax is meaningless as it caps so low. 40% bracket is super low in Ireland. Even if the taxation is sequential, which I am not sure it is that is still ~65% tax. Another killer for McGoat though is that crazy 23% VAT given his consumption habits. Unfortunately, Ireland, like the US, has an abysmal tax policy that taxes your income wherever it is earned.

Look at the haters doing mental backflips trying to hate on this man's pay haha

Poor people :D

He became a millionaire with the Brandao fight in Dublin, he'll be worth upwards of $15-20m depending how much tax he's paying, rich guys don't actually pay the amount of tax some people think they do, there's a million loop holes.

You can spend your money on things other than taxes, though. And not every dollar spent turns into a dollar in assets. It's very difficult to tell how much a person is worth just by adding up what they've made. If you did that with me, you'd think I was a millionaire. I'm not.

Estimated net worth of UFC's biggest star: 10 million

Estimated net worth of UFC's president: 350 million

Estimated time put into building the UFC, and creating stars: 15 years now.

It wouldn't make sense for a company to have employees if the employees made more than the company now would it?

Best believe he has millions in the bank. Add up all of the cars and toys he's got and it's still nowhere near what he's made since coming to the UFC in earnings (disclosed payouts).

Cars and toys have almost no liquid value. Depreciation is real.

Back