Conor McGregor Net Worth

People seem to not understand the difference between earnings and net worth. Also, these websites use a formula based on earnings to guess at net worth, but in reality it's probably way off.

He became a millionaire with the Brandao fight in Dublin, he'll be worth upwards of $15-20m depending how much tax he's paying, rich guys don't actually pay the amount of tax some people think they do, there's a million loop holes.
Estimated net worth of UFC's biggest star: 10 million

Estimated net worth of UFC's president: 350 million

The Owners of the company are worth more than the Employees? OMG!

These celebrity net worth websites are so retarded it amazes me. Even Forbes is not accurate when accounting for celebrities/athletes net worth, especially athletes. They seem to add up all the income for athletes and assume they are investing prudently and not posting shopping sprees on instagram all the time. Sometimes it seems like they do not even account for taxes and say "He has a $100 million dollar non-gauranteed contract, so his net worth is $100 million dollars." That is not how it works.

Net worth is a function of income, spending and wealth management. All three of those are pretty much equally important with income of course being of slightly more importance because it forms the basis of wealth for athletes( but not necessarily someone like Zuckerburg whose wealth is in shares of a company that went public. It only becomes income when he sells the shares). But allen iverson had $250 million plus in income and was broke within A YEAR of retirement. that shows how important spending and wealth management are. Plus it is very hard to gage true spending even now days when people are flaunting their purchases on instagram because the largest expenses such as family, homes etc are not the kind of thing people post on instagram.

and lastly it is impossible from the surface to gauge how an individuals wealth management team is handling things. For athletes this could be the most important aspect because their careers and earning periods are so short and they need to build that nest egg early on the live a luxurious life forever.

I remember Diddy in an interview a few years ago was asked about the forbes estimate of his net worth and he said it was too high. He said he had no idea how they came up with that number. And this is forbes, a real news service. Some stupid websites have no way of estimating conors net worth.

but i guarantee Conor's current net worth is in $2-$10 million dollar range not $10-$30 million dollar range. Remember you need at least 2x the income over a period of time for that to equate to net worth and that would be spending NOTHING. Conor was on welfare a few years ago with no assets at all. He is doing very well for an MMA fighter but people who think he has already accumulated $30 million dollars are delusional.
his new contract is 20 mil per fight

It's not bad, actually. They were supposed to do a second series of it, but with Aldo pulling out it might have got put on hold and added more footage.. He did talk about making it into a docu-movie, which I'm sure you're delighted to hear ;)
Don't get me wrong, I consume all things mma like a junkie does dope. But with everything I have going on, usually I'm restricted to the fights and this website. Maybe mma hour as background noise if I'm doing some stuff around the house. Unless my wife is helping, then it's music. But I may check out a few scenes.

These celebrity net worth websites are so retarded it amazes me. Even Forbes is not accurate when accounting for celebrities/athletes net worth, especially athletes. They seem to add up all the income for athletes and assume they are investing prudently and not posting shopping sprees on instagram all the time. Sometimes it seems like they do not even account for taxes and say "He has a $100 million dollar non-gauranteed contract, so his net worth is $100 million dollars." That is not how it works.

Net worth is a function of income, spending and wealth management. All three of those are pretty much equally important with income of course being of slightly more importance because it forms the basis of wealth for athletes( but not necessarily someone like Zuckerburg whose wealth is in shares of a company that went public. It only becomes income when he sells the shares). But allen iverson had $250 million plus in income and was broke within A YEAR of retirement. that shows how important spending and wealth management are. Plus it is very hard to gage true spending even now days when people are flaunting their purchases on instagram because the largest expenses such as family, homes etc are not the kind of thing people post on instagram.

and lastly it is impossible from the surface to gauge how an individuals wealth management team is handling things. For athletes this could be the most important aspect because their careers and earning periods are so short and they need to build that nest egg early on the live a luxurious life forever.

I remember Diddy in an interview a few years ago was asked about the forbes estimate of his net worth and he said it was too high. He said he had no idea how they came up with that number. And this is forbes, a real news service. Some stupid websites have no way of estimating conors net worth.

but i guarantee Conor's current net worth is in $2-$10 million dollar range not $10-$30 million dollar range. Remember you need at least 2x the income over a period of time for that to equate to net worth and that would be spending NOTHING. Conor was on welfare a few years ago with no assets at all. He is doing very well for an MMA fighter but people who think he has already accumulated $30 million dollars are delusional.

just curious, do you do children's parties too?

Stop the clock. His fans are delusional? Hey talk about aanother dudes money all the time. That's the picture of sanity dude

his new contract is 20 mil per fight

and he has yet to fight on that contract so it has zero impact on his current net worth right now. Say his net worth is $ 10 million right now(which i expect is high), if he doesnt spend a penny he will have approx $30 million after two fights on his new contract because his income is taxed as income not at lower capital gains rates. Expenses add up very quick for the newly rich. net worth is much harder to attain than it seems.

Stop the clock. His fans are delusional? Hey talk about aanother dudes money all the time. That's the picture of sanity dude

well i work in the wealth management field and I see so much incorrect information about wealth everywhere. might as well try to explain it to people right?

Don't get me wrong, I consume all things mma like a junkie does dope. But with everything I have going on, usually I'm restricted to the fights and this website. Maybe mma hour as background noise if I'm doing some stuff around the house. Unless my wife is helping, then it's music. But I may check out a few scenes.

Ah, I see. The life of being a married man and trying to consume as much MMA related content as possible must be hard. You need to bring her to a show and make her a fan.

He became a millionaire with the Brandao fight in Dublin, he'll be worth upwards of $15-20m depending how much tax he's paying, rich guys don't actually pay the amount of tax some people think they do, there's a million loop holes.
brandao fight??

i doubt that

there are a lot of tax loop holes but the way that pro athletes earn their money, which is through essentially enormous salaries has much fewer loop holes than executives who are compensated through stock grants, options, RSUs, ESPP, various kinds of expense accounts, retirement accounts, amazing perks etc.

brandao fight??

i doubt that
He said it himself on an Irish chat show before the fight, he said something like he wasn't a millionaire yet but that he would be after the fight.

You have to remember at that stage his dethrone merchandise was selling in huge numbers, so much so they where in the process of opening an actual store in Dublin until the Reebok deal was announced, he had also sold his first feature length documentary and appeard in TV advert for the biggest crisps(potato chips) brand in Ireland.

there are a lot of tax loop holes but the way that pro athletes earn their money, which is through essentially enormous salaries has much fewer loop holes than executives who are compensated through stock grants, options, RSUs, ESPP, various kinds of expense accounts, retirement accounts, amazing perks etc.
As an independent contractor Conor will not be getting paid directly, his company will be receiving his paychecks which means he will be paying his tax as corporation tax which will be considerably lower than personal tax.

My wife does the same, she pays less than 20%.

A comedian and tv presenter in the UK called Jimmy Carr was making millions and paying only 1% tax until he got caught, I don't even think it was technically illegal, it was classed as tax avoidance not tax evasion.

As an independent contractor Conor will not be getting paid directly, his company will be receiving his paychecks which means he will be paying his tax as corporation tax which will be considerably lower than personal tax.

My wife does the same, she pays less than 20%.

A comedian and tv presenter in the UK called Jimmy Carr was making millions and paying only 1% tax until he got caught, I don't even think it was technically illegal, it was classed as tax avoidance not tax evasion.

Do you live in the US? If so as an independent contractor using a C-corp taxation scheme generally inceases taxes over a S-corp/pass through taxation scheme which is taxed similar to personal income. This is because the income is now taxed twice. If he pays C-corp tax, he still has to pay tax on the salary and dividends that are distributed to him from that C-corp.

Also i assume your wife isnt earning in the top income bracket. conor def is.

Your post was good up until you said "but I guarantee" lol.

You basically went into detail about how the websites don't know shit, then put out your own "guaranteed" estimate lol.

Those websites and most people on sherdog can't seem to realize the difference in "earning xx money over yy number of years" and "net worth".

People seem to think that if you've earned a million dollars in 3 years that you're a millionaire, when that is far from the truth.

Hell, I've earned over a million dollars in my career, but I'm not even close to being a millionaire.

It's more than that. He's been a millionaire since around the Poirier fight and made millions against Mendes and Aldo. Not sure what he was paid for the Siver fight but that wasn't on PPV it was on FOX. He sold his documentary to FOX for millions also. His next fight will be his biggest payday yet, 8-10 million from what I've read.
That documentary was on NRK, a television station in norway that NEEEVER sends any MMA or stuff like that.. Thats really huge, ive seen a huge UP in mma after Conor McGregor entered the scene, Ronda Rousey has also been mentioned in the newspapers etc..

Those two are the ones who set mma on the map around the world, no doubt. And now its Conor on its own, until Ronda keeps winning.

Do you live in the US? If so as an independent contractor using a C-corp taxation scheme generally inceases taxes over a S-corp/pass through taxation scheme which is taxed similar to personal income. This is because the income is now taxed twice. If he pays C-corp tax, he still has to pay tax on the salary and dividends that are distributed to him from that C-corp.

Also i assume your wife isnt earning in the top income bracket. conor def is.
No, I live in Scotland, and no unfortunately my wife ain't bringing in Conor money but she would be paying around 40% if she wasn't using her one woman consultancy firm to pay tax through, but I admit I have no knowledge of tax in the US, I assumed you guys would have all the same loopholes, if not more.

That documentary was on NRK, a television station in norway that NEEEVER sends any MMA or stuff like that.. Thats really huge, ive seen a huge UP in mma after Conor McGregor entered the scene, Ronda Rousey has also been mentioned in the newspapers etc..

Those two are the ones who set mma on the map around the world, no doubt. And now its Conor on its own, until Ronda keeps winning.

Cool. And agreed. Nobody has ever done as much for MMA in the mainstream as McGregor and Ronda. Nobody else even comes close.

Back