• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conor is panicking after Islam Porier

IDK.. Frantic would have sucked anways. You can throw Sleep Token drummer in there replacing the shitty drums of Ulrich but the song is just not good.
I mean its all a far cry from them being at the height of their powers. When their riffs shook the earth and compromised the foundations of reality with their songs

I don't understand the premise of the post. Is Conor fighting Islam?

Newsted was bullied for years... dude had a great presence at the stage. He won them over and then he left.

Dyers eve? From the same album.. great track too.

I like all of Metallica up until Saint Anger... that sucked. Load and Reload were interesting.

Yea man there were good songs on those albums. Even the Black album caught shit from the die hards because it wasn’t thrashy or super ambitous. It was still a sick album, though. To be that popular and still heavy is hard to pull off.

Literally no one is thinking this fight would ever happen

Metallica lit fam y'all ever listen 2 st anger good stuff my guy 🗣️🎶🎙️

Yea man there were good songs on those albums. Even the Black album caught shit from the die hards because it wasn’t thrashy or super ambitous. It was still a sick album, though. To be that popular and still heavy is hard to pull off.
Also musicians get older and they don't want to play the same style over and over

Well.. except for Iron Maiden.

Also musicians get older and they don't want to play the same style over and over

Well.. except for Iron Maiden.
The thing is of course Metallica had established themselves as the heaviest mightiest band and made a clear move to be softer and more commercial. Of course there was a sizeable part of their old fanbase that feels appalled and betrayed.

Im not really a rabid fan after and justice...but some of that stuff isnt bad. Its just losing Cliff as the main songwriter really hurt them and James lyrics started to get really bad and no one reeled him in

The riffs are there. Imagine what Cliff could have done with the riffs on Frantic,and it having proper production....aaaaaaand changing some of those shitty ass lyrics
I think the black album gets more shit than it deserves. It's certainly the starting point for a turn fans can rightly hate, but i don't think they were technically around that corner until afterwards, with the shit really hitting the fan at St Anger. There was still plenty of good on Black on it's own.

But Frantic is one of the few post-Black songs I give the time of day to. It's my perfect example of like "there are still clearly enjoyable PARTS here that they can do, but it's just disconnected." The lyrics aren't helped by how repetitive those segmented parts get either.

Also Fuel, but that's just cuz that song is funny to me. Someone pointed out to me how, in the same way Michael Jackson goes " "-ah" and "-cha" at the end of almost all his lines in some songs, Fuel is just James doing the hard rock version of that, and now I can't hear it any other way. Hopefully that infects other people's minds like it did mine

But then again, Battery was always one of my favorites, so I guess the writing was on the wall early for me to be more tolerable to the more head pounding aggression that hard rock can appeal to, and not just the melodic appeal and sprawling technical shredding and solos they used to

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
Maybe it can be saved.

What is a better instrumental? Call of Ktulu,Orion,or To Live is to Die (which does have SOME lyrics but mostly instrumental)

Orion

Reactions: HHJ
Back