Conor is light years ahead of Floyd in PPV performance

You just mad that Conner got choked out and alms

Fact is that Conner got choked out and barley won the second fight. But I'm dumb? At least I'm not in denial lol.
I'm not in denial, I know he lost the first fight. I also know it wasn't 5 months ago.

@The Natural Born Runner and @Readybodisready

Here's the first real PPV star of the lighter weight divisions;

"Showtime Event Television (SET) and KingVision expect to exceed last year's Chavez-Hector Camacho fight, which generated a 4.2 percent buy rate, or more than 800,000 purchases, said Suzan Couch, the senior marketing consultant to SET. But a lower 3.7 rate, or 740,000 buys, was figured by Paul Kagan Associates, a media research firm."

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/09/10/sports/view-from-pay-per-view.html

"King has to hope that buyers will view Chavez-Alli as the equivalent of the Chavez-Greg Haugen and Chavez-Hector Camacho fights, which drew buy rates of 3.7 and 4.0, respectively. Both buy rates are considered good for non-heavyweight fights but don't approach the best ever boxing buy rate of 8.4 for the Evander Holyfield-George Foreman fight."

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/05/07/s...vez-drawing-power-faces-heavyweight-test.html

"The fight generated an approximate 5 percent buy-rate, with over 1 million subscribers purchasing the fight, according to Suzan Couch, senior marketing consultant for SET. "We were marketing for a 4.5 percent buy-rate so we were very pleased with the results," she said.

Operators' estimates, however, were slightly less; they tabbed the buy-rates at below 5 percent. They said between 950,000 and 1 million subscribers bought the fight. Nevertheless, the fight, with a gross of approximately $30 million, will likely be the highest performing non-heavyweight PPV boxing event ever. …"

https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-14473863.html

Chavez was pulling 750,000 to 1,000,000 buys in these fights when PPV was only available to about 20 million homes in North America and was getting 3.7 to 5.0 percent buy rates in those fights. He also drew big numbers in some of his other PPV fights as well such as the 2.7% buy rate (or 575,000 total buys in Taylor rematch). Oscar's biggest percentage buy rates were against Trinidad at 3.6% and then against Mayweather at 4.1%. Mayweather's three biggest were against Pacquiao at 4.6%, Oscar at 4.1% and then Canelo at 2.5%. Now, it's obvious that Chavez wouldn't be able to draw those same percentages had he been around in today's era since the law of diminishing returns would be a factor. But if he could draw nearly a million buys when the available PPV audience is limited to only about 20 million, odds are pretty outstanding that he'd be able to draw some pretty incredible numbers if had the opportunity to draw from a market size of 100 million that we see in today's age.

Chavez was great but before him there was Ray Leonard.

Chavez was great but before him there was Ray Leonard.

Well sure. But in Leonard's prime his mass media platform to generate extra revenue was almost entirely via closed circuit screenings. PPV was very, very, very limited in the days when he was fighting guys like Duran or Hearns, although Leonard certainly drew from that limited market when it was around. There were only a few million homes equipped with the capacity to show PPV events when he fought Hagler in 1987. The Tyson-Spinks fight from 1988 was only available to 5 million homes. It wasn't until around 1989/90 when HBO launched TVKO and Don King launched KingVision on Showtime that PPV started taking over the market from closed circuit broadcastings for boxing. By that time Leonard was about done with his career and was fighting in the MW/SMW class, which isn't exactly the lighter weights. Leonard was an overall bigger star than Chavez, no doubt about that. But the vast majority of his stardom was built in the pre-PPV days when closed circuit was still king for garnering extra revenue. Unlike Chavez who became a superstar in the beginning of the PPV era when that platform became the main source of revenue for a boxing promotion.

Uh... What? GS always had Igoudala gaurd Lebron one on one. The Cavs always used a screen to get Lebron a different match up because Lebron never had much success with him guarding him. GS was horrible at stopping the switch though

Come in man. You are sounding like those delusional Kobe fans. Lebron is great, Jordan was greater. What really separated then was Jordan's incredible mental game that was head and shoulders above everyone else to ever play
One on one? Dude even iggy admits he doesn't guard him one on one. The whole team loaded up on him. If it was one on one, iggy is getting cocked like every other time iggy played him when not on golden state. Grow up. They switch because they get a better match up. Every single player in the NBA does that. Remember when Irving hit the game winner in game 7. That was a switch off from Thompson to get the weaker curry. Golden state also did that a million times. Along with every other team. Lol.

i like following conors fight career

Last edited:
One on one? Dude even iggy admits he doesn't guard him one on one. The whole team loaded up on him. If it was one on one, iggy is getting cocked like every other time iggy played him when not on golden state. Grow up. They switch because they get a better match up. Every single player in the NBA does that. Remember when Irving hit the game winner in game 7. That was a switch off from Thompson to get the weaker curry. Golden state also did that a million times. Along with every other team. Lol.

Iggy said it was a TEAM effort to stop Lebron (help D, stepping up after the switch), but GS always tried to get man on man with Lebron. EVERY time he was guarding Lebron the Cavs would set a screen to get Iggy OFF Lebron. Are you that clueless? Why the fuck do you think Iggy always guarded Lebron and why do you think the Cavs always set a screen to get him switched off of Lebron EVERY time it was one on one?

GS switched to get the better matchup? That doesn't even makes sense. The CAVS were the ones setting the pick that forced GS into a switch. GS didn't get to pick who matched up against Lebron after the switch because it was whoever was guarding the man the CAVS decided to set the screen. Lebron didn't even take over until they got Iggy off him. One on one Jordan wrecks Lebron. He was a better one on one defender and offensive player by far despite facing far more double teams (hard to double Lebron with his passing game). You are losing credibility by saying Lebron is better. Few credible people think that including Lebron and his BFF D-Wade

I think you meant "Mcgregor gets 8% of his ppvs"

.08% would mean that if Conor sold $100 worth of PPVs, he'd get 8 cents instead of $8. Small details, I know, just here to help.

.08% of $100 is 80 cents, not 8 cents.

Wow... Conor fans are so addicted they're actually making spreadsheets now LOL

Floyd is worth $400 million dollars.
Conor is worth like $40 million dollars.

Come back when Conor passes him.

Until then, Conor is just a peasant compared to Floyd.

"Oh, but but but Conor wil pass him one day"

..... but he hasn't.

conors very popular and a good fighter.

Last edited:
If you don't know shit about boxing, don't try to talk about it.

Numbers don't tell the story of either man's career.

The UFC machine gave Conor the hard push from his second fight against Holloway. Mayweather, on the other hand, was under contract with a promoter, Bob Arum, who hated him and refused to give him high-profile fights. Floyd had to spend millions to buy himself out of the contract to get in position for the De La Hoya fight, which Arum had no intention of setting up.

Mayweather also suffered from the Arum disinformation campaign in the media about him ducking fights. Every guy that he got shit for ducking (i.e. Margarito, Cotto, Pacquiao) was signed with Top Rank after Floyd had left the promotion and was wary of doing business with Arum.

If the UFC had actively tried to suppress McGregor's exposure before he became a PPV draw like Arum did to Mayweather, nobody would know about him outside of the hardcore MMA fanbase.

This is the type of idiotic shit that you'd only see on MMA forums because MMA fans don't understand anything about what goes on in the sporting world outside of MMA.

Well said.

Wow... Conor fans are so addicted they're actually making spreadsheets now LOL

Floyd is worth $400 million dollars.
Conor is worth like $40 million dollars.

Come back when Conor passes him.

Until then, Conor is just a peasant compared to Floyd.

"Oh, but but but Conor wil pass him one day"

..... but he hasn't.

When Conor can sell 4.5 million at 100 bucks a PPV he can talk. Something people always seem to forget is Floyd PPVs are more expensive then UFC PPVs

Also lets see a Conor card have tickets selling for $150,000

What had Floyd earned at the time he was Conor's age? Not exactly fair to compare a 28 year old to a 40 year old in terms of total earnings especially when the 40 didn't get his first 100m payday until age 37.

Conor hasn't made a 100 million payday yet, though. Why choose such a skewed narrative in the first place? Why not just compare Conor's last 5 with Floyd's?

Stop comparig these two. Floyd till makes Conor's fortune look like chump change. MMA fans just need to enjoy Conor and stop trying to compare him with Mayweather. It's a joke

Iggy said it was a TEAM effort to stop Lebron (help D, stepping up after the switch), but GS always tried to get man on man with Lebron. EVERY time he was guarding Lebron the Cavs would set a screen to get Iggy OFF Lebron. Are you that clueless? Why the fuck do you think Iggy always guarded Lebron and why do you think the Cavs always set a screen to get him switched off of Lebron EVERY time it was one on one?

GS switched to get the better matchup? That doesn't even makes sense. The CAVS were the ones setting the pick that forced GS into a switch. GS didn't get to pick who matched up against Lebron after the switch because it was whoever was guarding the man the CAVS decided to set the screen. Lebron didn't even take over until they got Iggy off him. One on one Jordan wrecks Lebron. He was a better one on one defender and offensive player by far despite facing far more double teams (hard to double Lebron with his passing game). You are losing credibility by saying Lebron is better. Few credible people think that including Lebron and his BFF D-Wade
Dude you couldn't have played ball ever. Steph curry would ask for a screen and get Thompson on him all day. Are you dense? Name me a superstar player that doesn't get a screen set for him when he's facing a all defensive player. When you name one I'll show how you're wrong and all they do is set screen to get that man off him. That's called basketball. Lebron had 2 finals for the ages and you think none of those points came against iggy? Grow up.

Jordan was a better pure scorer I agree. But lebron was a wayyyy better passer and a better rebounder. Better basketballl iq and has done more with less. Bro your just talking bullshit stats. If you really want to get in depth, we can. Even the homie Scottie pippen said lebrons better. I mean come on.

That's the part that's insane. Mayweather - Pacquiao tickets at ringside were being sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

How the fuck do you dick-riding side bitches even think Conor McChoked Out and Floyd can even be remotely compared ?

Fuck out of here with that shitbird logic.

Dude you couldn't have played ball ever. Steph curry would ask for a screen and get Thompson on him all day. Are you dense? Name me a superstar player that doesn't get a screen set for him when he's facing a all defensive player. When you name one I'll show how you're wrong and all they do is set screen to get that man off him. That's called basketball. Lebron had 2 finals for the ages and you think none of those points came against iggy? Grow up.

Jordan was a better pure scorer I agree. But lebron was a wayyyy better passer and a better rebounder. Better basketballl iq and has done more with less. Bro your just talking bullshit stats. If you really want to get in depth, we can. Even the homie Scottie pippen said lebrons better. I mean come on.

Are you a fucking retard ?

Who the fuck do you remember on the first three-peat other than Pippen ?

I'm listening.

Michael ALWAYS had to be the killer to win games and championships.

LeBum ? He needed Wade to be the killer and Bosh to be the wingman. Same in Cleveland with cats like Kyrie, Tristan Thompson and Love.

Even on the 2nd three-peat, do you think Rodman was a scoring threat ? It was basically Jordan all day with backup from Pippen.

Once again, who the fuck does anyone remember on those teams ?

LeBum got carried by the other killers on his squad and you out here saying he did more with less ?

Last edited:
Take a look:

Floyd.png

Takeaways:
  • At roughly the same age (28.35) Conor has over 7M PPV buys, where Floyd had a mere 365K
  • Conor's career average (1.43M) is already ahead of Floyd's (1.32M)
  • Through each fighter's first 5 PPVs, Floyd holds only ONE advantage over Conor - That's the buy rate of the De La Hoya fight. Floyd greatly benefited in that contest by having another incredible draw in Oscar. Conor has yet to face another fighter that is his equal in terms of PPV draws.
  • If Conor maintains his pace, he'll break all of Floyd's records in 2 years and 196 days
    • Averages 13,593 PPVs per day
    • Needs 12,590,000 PPVs to pass Floyd
    • That equates to 926 days
    • That can also equate to about 9 more PPVs at his average buy rate of 1.43M. Since his average has increased every single time he's headlined, this stands to go down.
You do realize it took just Floyd & his opponent (sometimes). To make those numbers. Connor NEEDS the ufc hype machine & a very stacked card to pull off those numbers!

LeBum is a better defender than Jordan ?

LOLOLOLOL. Doctor, your patient needs stronger meds.

LeBum has been on 5 All NBA Defensive Teams.

Jordan has been on 9.

Jordan led the league in steals 3 times.

LeBum ? 0.

Jordan won Defensive Player of the Year in 1988.

LeBum ? Never.

This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the defensive accomplishments by His Airness.

Are you a fucking retard ?

Who the fuck do you remember on the first three-peat other than Pippen ?

I'm listening.

Michael ALWAYS had to be the killer to win games and championships.

LeBum ? He needed Wade to be the killer and Bosh to be the wingman. Same in Cleveland with cats like Kyrie, Tristan Thompson and Love.

Even on the 2nd three-peat, do you think Rodman was a scoring threat ? It was basically Jordan all day with backup from Pippen.

Once again, who the fuck does anyone remember on those teams ?

LeBum got carried by the other killers on his squad and you out here saying he did more with less ?
Ok you are ridiculous. No one has ever said lebron had more. You're the first one. Lol. You really think he had no one on the first teams? Then you don't watch basketball. I'm not even gonna bother listing off players because you clearly don't even watch ball. He had lots of talent on that team. That's why they were ranked # 1.

Scottie pippen was also considered the second best all around player in the NBA for awhile behind Jordan. Quick question. When Jordan retired the first time, how did they bulls team do in his absence?

Back