Conor is light years ahead of Floyd in PPV performance

VegetaGD

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Take a look:

Floyd.png

Takeaways:
  • At roughly the same age (28.35) Conor has over 7M PPV buys, where Floyd had a mere 365K
  • Conor's career average (1.43M) is already ahead of Floyd's (1.32M)
  • Through each fighter's first 5 PPVs, Floyd holds only ONE advantage over Conor - That's the buy rate of the De La Hoya fight. Floyd greatly benefited in that contest by having another incredible draw in Oscar. Conor has yet to face another fighter that is his equal in terms of PPV draws.
  • If Conor maintains his pace, he'll break all of Floyd's records in 2 years and 196 days
    • Averages 13,593 PPVs per day
    • Needs 12,590,000 PPVs to pass Floyd
    • That equates to 926 days
    • That can also equate to about 9 more PPVs at his average buy rate of 1.43M. Since his average has increased every single time he's headlined, this stands to go down.

Floyd also was not a PPV draw before the Oscar fight... he needed an established star/draw to get to that level.

Same with Pacquiao. Was not close to a draw before fighting Oscar, again, an already established mega star. They both needed Oscar as their platform to reach the next level.

Conor built his star and drawing power completely by himself. He didn't fight anyone who was a draw to get there, he created it on his own.

Floyd didn't have The UFC marketing machine and fight cards helping him.
Conor leaves the UFC, and tries selling PPVS on his own, without their fighters on his cards and he'd be lucky to break 700k

That is actually quite interesting. I was expecting some absolute dribble coming in here honestly.

Let's take a look
hqdefault.jpg

Without the support from the $4,000,000,000 company, Conor is still competiting with single mums for welfare

who fucking cares?
mayweather is light years ahead of conor in that he promotes himself and doesn't have dana's slimy hands in his wallet.

Instead of looking at their entire career you take snippets, cut and paste, and skew the categories in your favor.

I had a friend like you. He stated LeBron was better than Jordan because he won a championship at a younger age than Jordan meanwhile Jordan played college ball. Fanboys are gonna be fanboys.

Mayweather is way more a noticeable figure than McGregor is. Get over it. Yes, McGregor has made huge waves on the MMA scene and pulls in pretty pennies after every fight, but he falls flat on his face when comparing him to Mayweather. Wake me up when McGregor gets $100 mill to fight.

Take a look:

Floyd.png

Takeaways:
  • At roughly the same age (28.35) Conor has over 7M PPV buys, where Floyd had a mere 365K
  • Conor's career average (1.43M) is already ahead of Floyd's (1.32M)
  • Through each fighter's first 5 PPVs, Floyd holds only ONE advantage over Conor - That's the buy rate of the De La Hoya fight. Floyd greatly benefited in that contest by having another incredible draw in Oscar. Conor has yet to face another fighter that is his equal in terms of PPV draws.
  • If Conor maintains his pace, he'll break all of Floyd's records in 2 years and 196 days
    • Averages 13,593 PPVs per day
    • Needs 12,590,000 PPVs to pass Floyd
    • That equates to 926 days
    • That can also equate to about 9 more PPVs at his average buy rate of 1.43M. Since his average has increased every single time he's headlined, this stands to go down.

He got choked out not even 5 months ago, and struggle to win the rematch..

If you don't know shit about boxing, don't try to talk about it.

Numbers don't tell the story of either man's career.

The UFC machine gave Conor the hard push from his second fight against Holloway. Mayweather, on the other hand, was under contract with a promoter, Bob Arum, who hated him and refused to give him high-profile fights. Floyd had to spend millions to buy himself out of the contract to get in position for the De La Hoya fight, which Arum had no intention of setting up.

Mayweather also suffered from the Arum disinformation campaign in the media about him ducking fights. Every guy that he got shit for ducking (i.e. Margarito, Cotto, Pacquiao) was signed with Top Rank after Floyd had left the promotion and was wary of doing business with Arum.

If the UFC had actively tried to suppress McGregor's exposure before he became a PPV draw like Arum did to Mayweather, nobody would know about him outside of the hardcore MMA fanbase.

This is the type of idiotic shit that you'd only see on MMA forums because MMA fans don't understand anything about what goes on in the sporting world outside of MMA.

Mendes vs McGregor was said to be 825k yet you're adding a whole 175k buys to it? Lmao

Edit: between 850-900 with the estimate of 1 mill being bullshit.

UFC inflates their PPV buys.

http://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

All your McGregor numbers seem
Inflated compared to most other sources on the net.

Plug in your own numbers, whatever works for you. My point doesn't change, Conor is crushing Floyd in PPV performance if you compare them event by event. If you consider that Floyd didn't headline his first PPV until he was Conor's current age, it's even more impressive. Floyd was 35 before he averaged 1M+ PPVs per event. Conor got there before his 28th birthday.

Does my point still resonate with you even if you disagree with my actual PPV estimates?

And yet Floyd might've made more in his first 5 fights than Conor will make in his entire career.

Man, the Connor fanatics never stop...
The ONLY way Connor can compare to Mayweather is if he leaves his promoter, starts his own, and still becomes a runaway success.

And then...

Have Connor get a 200+ million dollar paycheque he still hasn't touched one dime of because he doesn't need to.

C'mon with this stuff man.

Floyd fought until he almost 40, do you really foresee the same thing for Conor?

Floyd was also not pushed by a huge monopoly like the UFC, he only started doing mega-numbers when he got some freedom and became his own promoter, he was held back for years by Top-Rank.

He is also the first "smaller" fighter to ever do astronomical PPV numbers.

There would be no McGregor without Floyd Mayweather. Floyd set the table for these fighters to be PPV stars.

You're welcome.

according to the great Bob Arum those UFC PPV numbers are highly inflated and I quote: "They are not a public company! Whose to check?"

at least we know for a fact that Floyd's numbers are exactly what they claim to be: both CBS Corporation and Time Warner are publicly traded media companies.

having said all that, Conor is a legit draw -- although I don't think he would be able to sell 800-900 PPVs on his own (without the aide of the UFC hype machine)

"McGregor's average is already better than Floyd's"

You know that isn't a credible claim based on how averages work. You know that in your troll thread.

Back