Conor is light years ahead of Floyd in PPV performance

Now compare their bank statements.

You can't compare MMA and boxing fighting cards. Who are other fighters on Mayweather cards? No names/who cares fighters. Mayweather sell whole card alone.
Now if you move Conor to other organisation without flashy promotions like UFC and no name fighters on his card, he wouldn't draw even half he does now.

Mayweather does have longevity on his side. Mayweather right now could come out of retirement at 40 years old, and still be favored againt everybody in his weight division. Conors in the prime of his career right now. You think by the time he's 40 he'll still be a top MMA fighter? No. No one has, isn't, or ever will be.

My point is that even though Conors a bigger draw at a faster pace now, its still a different ballgame when it comes to a sport where you gave a longer shelf life.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

We don't know if Conor can stand the test of time in the same way that Floyd has. Floyd's career has been insanely impressive. That said, we don't have to disparage one to admire the other. This also isn't about skills, it's about the ability to generate revenue and interest. In the sports-specific proficiency department, Conor has a much farther road to travel to be considered Floyd's equal.

Floyd went on record questioning Conor's star power by asking if he's ever made 300M in one night or 100M in one night. This post is intended to illuminate the fact that if Floyd applied the same level of scrutiny to the early part of his career that he's doing to McGregor, he'd have to swallow the bitter pill that he didn't start making mega money until 2014 at the age of 37.

2007 - $26.5 million
2010 - $65 million
2012 - $85 million
2013 - $34 million
2014 - $105 million
2015 - $300 million
2016 - $44 million

Taken from - BoxRec
Surely Money Mayweather could appreciate what Conor has accomplished before 30!

I don't know if Conor will keep up this pace. It's very hard.

Especially after he loses a couple times. Which he almost surely will.
That is actually quite interesting. I was expecting some absolute dribble coming in here honestly.
Dribble? LOL.

It's "drivel".

Take a look:

Takeaways:
  • At roughly the same age (28.35) Conor has over 7M PPV buys, where Floyd had a mere 365K
  • Conor's career average (1.43M) is already ahead of Floyd's (1.32M)
  • Through each fighter's first 5 PPVs, Floyd holds only ONE advantage over Conor - That's the buy rate of the De La Hoya fight. Floyd greatly benefited in that contest by having another incredible draw in Oscar. Conor has yet to face another fighter that is his equal in terms of PPV draws.
  • If Conor maintains his pace, he'll break all of Floyd's records in 2 years and 196 days
    • Averages 13,593 PPVs per day
    • Needs 12,590,000 PPVs to pass Floyd
    • That equates to 926 days
    • That can also equate to about 9 more PPVs at his average buy rate of 1.43M. Since his average has increased every single time he's headlined, this stands to go down.
How about this number: Floyd in only two PPVs did more than every single PPV Conor has headlined in his entire UFC career.

WTF, you're massively inflating those numbers btw. 189 did not do 1 mil. At least have the integrity not to lie. You've jumped up both 189 and 194 by nearly 200K each lol

More legit sources put 194 closer to 1 mil. What a douche.

Last edited:
He signed a contract with one of the top promoters in his early 20s. When he realized that he was getting screwed, he extricated himself and went on to become the biggest draw in the history of the sport.

That sounds pretty fucking savvy to me. Most boxers who were in the position that Mayweather was in with Arum in the early to mid-2000s just sit around complaining about getting screwed by their promoter.

Floyd is savvy, I've never questioned this.

Let's maintain the context here. Your first response to the OP carried a tone that suggested that Floyd battled huge challenges early in his career where Conor has cruised the red carpet. Yet, each and every day, each man must chart his own path.

Conor is far ahead of Floyd in terms of earning potential and star power at similar points in their career. I think that this objective conclusion should be able to stand on its own.

Take a look:

Floyd.png

Takeaways:
  • At roughly the same age (28.35) Conor has over 7M PPV buys, where Floyd had a mere 365K
  • Through each fighter's first 5 PPVs, Floyd holds only ONE advantage over Conor - That's the buy rate of the De La Hoya fight. Floyd greatly benefited in that contest by having another incredible draw in Oscar. Conor has yet to face another fighter that is his equal in terms of PPV draws.
  • If Conor maintains his pace, he'll break all of Floyd's records in 2 years and 196 days
    • That can also equate to about 9 more PPVs at his average buy rate of 1.43M. Since his average has increased every single time he's headlined, this stands to go down.
Why do you care? Neither is sharing any money with you, dumb ass.

Here is a stat for you:
Mayweather gets 50% of his ppvs
Mcgregor gets .08% of his ppvs

Work out that math Mr. Wizard!

I don't know if Conor will keep up this pace. It's very hard.

Especially after he loses a couple times. Which he almost surely will.

Dribble? LOL.

It's "drivel".
I've Heard people say dribble before lol.

Conor actually has cards that back him up Floyd sells those PPVs on his own and while somehow one loss to Nate Diaz didn't kill the Conor mystique the next one will.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

We don't know if Conor can stand the test of time in the same way that Floyd has. Floyd's career has been insanely impressive. That said, we don't have to disparage one to admire the other. This also isn't about skills, it's about the ability to generate revenue and interest. In the sports-specific proficiency department, Conor has a much farther road to travel to be considered Floyd's equal.
Almost all mcgregor threads and threads in general follow this narrative. Can anyone make an appreciation thread without shitting all over another person?

Why do you care? Neither is sharing any money with you, dumb ass.

Here is a stat for you:
Mayweather gets 50% of his ppvs
Mcgregor gets .08% of his ppvs

Work out that math Mr. Wizard!

I think you meant "Mcgregor gets 8% of his ppvs"

.08% would mean that if Conor sold $100 worth of PPVs, he'd get 8 cents instead of $8. Small details, I know, just here to help.

Almost all mcgregor threads and threads in general follow this narrative. Can anyone make an appreciation thread without shitting all over another person?

Yes!!! Thank you!!!

This thread at its essence says:

What Floyd has done in terms of PPV numbers is insane. What Conor is doing is "unpresidented"

.08% would mean that if Conor sold $100 worth of PPVs, he'd get 8 cents instead of $8. Small details, I know, just here to help.
Prove that he does.

He signed a contract with one of the top promoters in his early 20s. When he realized that he was getting screwed, he extricated himself and went on to become the biggest draw in the history of the sport

That sounds pretty fucking savvy to me. Most boxers who were in the position that Mayweather was in with Arum in the early to mid-2000s just sit around complaining about getting screwed by their promoter.

Not sure how fair that comment is considering that PPV as a mass media platform has only existed for 30 years and has more than doubled it's available audience within the last 15 of those years.

Btw man. That is not true. .08% doesn't mean 8 cents on the dollar.

Where are you even getting.

Take a look:

Floyd.png

Takeaways:
Conor won't fight that long .. he won't come close to 20,000,000 total buys and he will never make 100,000,000 for 1 fight.

Don't compare the 2 cause even if Conor sells more by the end of his career he still won't make close to what Floyd did

Yes!!! Thank you!!!

What Floyd has done in terms of PPV numbers is insane. What Conor is doing is "unpresidented"
No you are shitting on Merryfeather to glorify mcgregor. And all this board needs is another mcgregor thread.

You didn't even break any new news. Just another opinion that we have seen 100 times this week

Yes!!! Thank you!!!

unprecedented

unpresidented would be what some want to do to Trump

Back