Conor is light years ahead of Floyd in PPV performance

Dude you couldn't have played ball ever. Steph curry would ask for a screen and get Thompson on him all day. Are you dense? Name me a superstar player that doesn't get a screen set for him when he's facing a all defensive player. When you name one I'll show how you're wrong and all they do is set screen to get that man off him. That's called basketball. Lebron had 2 finals for the ages and you think none of those points came against iggy? Grow up.

Jordan was a better pure scorer I agree. But lebron was a wayyyy better passer and a better rebounder. Better basketballl iq and has done more with less. Bro your just talking bullshit stats. If you really want to get in depth, we can. Even the homie Scottie pippen said lebrons better. I mean come on.

Every superstar uses screens to get favorable matchups SOMETIMES. The Cavs tried it EVERY TIME Iggy was on Lebron. Lebron didn't heat up until later in the series when the Cavs finally got Iggy off him. Check the stats. Iggy did great one on one against Lebron. Jordan would do MUCH better. Lebron always did better against bigger guys then athletic SGs

And Lebron doesn't have better basketball IQ. Jordan was at worst equal with basketball IQ and was WAY tougher mentally then anyone. Thats what really separates Jordan from everyone else. Even you can't argue that. Lebron and his BFFs Wade and CP3 all say Jordan is better then Lebron

More with less? Wade, Bosh, Allen is just as good as what Jordan worked with (maybe not the second threepeat) same with Love, Irving and Smith (he gets HOT at times). More? What the fuck? How did Lebron do MORE? Jordan has 6 rings, Lebron has 3. Jordan has 6 finals MVPs Lebron has 3. Lebron has 4 MVPs Jordan has 5 (both should have way more). Jordan has a DPOY Lebron does not. Jordan undeniably did MORE, and in the same amount of seasons if you don't count his wizard years. If you had any credibility you lost it by saying Lebron did more

Are you a fucking retard ?

Who the fuck do you remember on the first three-peat other than Pippen ?

I'm listening.

Michael ALWAYS had to be the killer to win games and championships.

LeBum ? He needed Wade to be the killer and Bosh to be the wingman. Same in Cleveland with cats like Kyrie, Tristan Thompson and Love.

Even on the 2nd three-peat, do you think Rodman was a scoring threat ? It was basically Jordan all day with backup from Pippen.

Once again, who the fuck does anyone remember on those teams ?

LeBum got carried by the other killers on his squad and you out here saying he did more with less ?

Eh... To be fair Wade was only a killer in Lebrons first year in Miami. He was pretty passive and played poorly in the two rings he won with Lebron. Lebron gets hate, but he is by far the best player today and one of the best ever. He just isn't close to Jordan

This fight will never happen and should never happen. STFU about it already

How about this number: Floyd in only two PPVs did more than every single PPV Conor has headlined in his entire UFC career.

WTF, you're massively inflating those numbers btw. 189 did not do 1 mil. At least have the integrity not to lie. You've jumped up both 189 and 194 by nearly 200K each lol

More legit sources put 194 closer to 1 mil. What a douche.

He didn't lie as it was reported by many outlets as doing 1 mill.

UFC 189 PPV buys top one million as Conor McGregor and Co. cap off historic night

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/7/24/9...lion-conor-mcgregor-chad-mendes-las-vegas-mma

The good thing for Conor (but also bad, in some ways) is that no one stands in his way. He's clearly "the guy" in terms of running the fight game at the moment. Grandpa Mayweather and Grandpa Pacquiao are done, as seen by their last PPV numbers:

Grandpa Mayweather last PPV ====> 400,000 buys
Grandpa Pacquaio last PPV ======> 300,000 buys

On the other hand, not having a true "rival" will hurt Conor's PPV sales. He doesn't get to have someone to match up against who has big star power. That could hurt his quest to topple Mayweather as the all-time PPV king.

Conor is 1/3rd of the way to Floyd's 15 PPV number. He's off to a good start. He just needs to continue to win, continue to stay active and find challengers that the public believes in so they will buy the events.

Certainly Conor's average PPV sales per event is extraordinary at this point in his career.

Also, Conor is well on his way to becoming the all-time PPV king for the UFC. I think he's gotta get to about 11M total buys to surpass GSP.

And yet Floyd made 20x what Conor did for their biggest fight.

Who is the sucker there?

Ok you are ridiculous. No one has ever said lebron had more. You're the first one. Lol. You really think he had no one on the first teams? Then you don't watch basketball. I'm not even gonna bother listing off players because you clearly don't even watch ball. He had lots of talent on that team. That's why they were ranked # 1.

Scottie pippen was also considered the second best all around player in the NBA for awhile behind Jordan. Quick question. When Jordan retired the first time, how did they bulls team do in his absence?

You're extremely stupid.

Who the fuck was on those teams ?

Horace Grant with his 1 All Star game appearance ?

Bill Cartwright and his 8 PPG in the first 3-peat years ?

Bill Paxson ?

BJ Armstrong and his 9 PPG in that timespan ?

Other than Scottie Pippen, you can't tell me shit about any of those guys from a SCORING perspective.

All the teams knew that Jordan was the number 1 option on every play and they STILL couldn't stop him from winning 6 rings. Think about that.

Yes, the 94 Bulls had 55 wins and went to the EC semifinals, but that was them absolutely maxing out their talent and coaching which is a credit to Scottie and Phil Jackson.

Once again, LeBum never had to carry the weight that Jordan did throughout his career.

Not to mention that you can't travel, flop and get such easy calls in Jordan's era.

.08% of $100 is 80 cents, not 8 cents.

This again is terrible math!

I'll illustrate once more this time with two decimal places. Please pay close attention.

8.00% of $100 is $8.00
0.80% of $100 is 80 cents
0.08% of $100 is 8 cents

Show this to your math teacher if needed, they'll sharpen your decimal game.

Conor hasn't made a 100 million payday yet, though. Why choose such a skewed narrative in the first place? Why not just compare Conor's last 5 with Floyd's?

Time between Floyd's pro debut and his first 100 million dollar payday = 18 years and 207 days
Time between Conor's pro debut and now = 8 years and 239 days

This thread highlights the fact that Conor's current pace is significantly ahead of Floyd's when accounting for the difference in age. Not sure how one doesn't see that Floyd's 2X+ advantage in time to build his brand is meaningful.

Now how much does he make pr PPV sold???

2472E6DF00000578-2897976-image-a-4_1420536530673.jpg

Plug in your own numbers, whatever works for you. My point doesn't change, Conor is crushing Floyd in PPV performance if you compare them event by event. If you consider that Floyd didn't headline his first PPV until he was Conor's current age, it's even more impressive. Floyd was 35 before he averaged 1M+ PPVs per event. Conor got there before his 28th birthday.

Does my point still resonate with you even if you disagree with my actual PPV estimates?
You should compare the numbers that really matter, Dollars per PPV sold the fighters received. In the end I would rather sell 500K PPV's and get paid $30mil. than sell 1million PPV's and get paid $10mil.

What makes you think his buys will keep rising?

This again is terrible math!

I'll illustrate once more this time with two decimal places. Please pay close attention.

8.00% of $100 is $8.00
0.80% of $100 is 80 cents
0.08% of $100 is 8 cents

Show this to your math teacher if needed, they'll sharpen your decimal game.

Please, bro...let's keep it limited to MMATH please. IMG_5697.JPG

Take a look:

Floyd.png

Takeaways:
  • At roughly the same age (28.35) Conor has over 7M PPV buys, where Floyd had a mere 365K
  • Conor's career average (1.43M) is already ahead of Floyd's (1.32M)
  • Through each fighter's first 5 PPVs, Floyd holds only ONE advantage over Conor - That's the buy rate of the De La Hoya fight. Floyd greatly benefited in that contest by having another incredible draw in Oscar. Conor has yet to face another fighter that is his equal in terms of PPV draws.
  • If Conor maintains his pace, he'll break all of Floyd's records in 2 years and 196 days
    • Averages 13,593 PPVs per day
    • Needs 12,590,000 PPVs to pass Floyd
    • That equates to 926 days
    • That can also equate to about 9 more PPVs at his average buy rate of 1.43M. Since his average has increased every single time he's headlined, this stands to go down.

If by "light years ahead" you mean that Conor's PPV sales arent close to the same level as Mayweather's yet, then I agree.

Pacquiao.

Alvarez.

De La Hoya.

/thread

No, it was only reported by Dana White to be 1 million. Nearly every legit source, that isn't from Dana White's own mouth, reported those numbers to be well under 1 mil. So, if you believe Dana White, sure, it did 1 million.

You said the OP lied about this. He didn't lie. It was reported in the media to have done over 1 million. Now you are saying Dana lied. Which is it?

You should compare the numbers that really matter, Dollars per PPV sold the fighters received. In the end I would rather sell 500K PPV's and get paid $30mil. than sell 1million PPV's and get paid $10mil.

I know, this is a very good point. Floyd still gets paid a LOT more than Conor because he's such an established star. That said, Conor is getting more and more leverage with each appearance so assuming he continues to produce the volume, his piece will get bigger too.

See below...if we think that Conor can match Floyd's 26.5 million in earnings during or before his 30th birthday, then we can safely say that his career trajectory, thus far, is at least comparable to Floyd's. Let's be real, if Conor wins 4 or 5 of his next 5 contests, his paydays will most likely be at least 20 to 30 million per contest.

2007 - $26.5 million
2010 - $65 million
2012 - $85 million
2013 - $34 million
2014 - $105 million
2015 - $300 million
2016 - $44 million

Taken from - BoxRec

You said the OP lied about this. He didn't lie. It was reported in the media to have done over 1 million. Now you are saying Dana lied. Which is it?

LOL, I thought I was in this alone, thanks for the backup. Funny thing is that the folks that want to call me on being a few 100k buys off here or there don't want to accept the bigger picture that Conor is on the path to becoming the most successful and well know combat athlete in human history. That's a bitter pill for them and they'll do anything not to swallow it.

Oh? Please do your math and say where you get .08% from.

Or maybe you mean 8%? Which still sounds a bit low, though much closer.

Ya, .08% is way off, but so is 8%.

Conor is not getting 8 points on PPV sales - first of all 50% of PPV sales go to the cable provider. That leaves 50% for the UFC's overhead, payout for the rest of the fighters, profit, etc.

Although nobody knows for certain, I would be very surprised if the UFC was giving Conor almost 10% of their gross revenue. I think it may be closer to 3-4 points, plus his purse and sponsorships that get him closer to what people think he earns for any given fight.

Back